Edinburgh City

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Jackson, Kasule, Lawrence, McGachie, Logan were all pretty entertaining in their time. But why let the facts get in the way of a bitter outlook? 

Spread over time they did produce some decent players, can add the likes of Godfrey and Sprott to that list, but so did many clubs.  That's not really the point, we're talking about Christie's playing style.  Effective, especially 86/87, but a very hard watch.   That said, they were like Barcelona compared to the classic East Fife of the 80's, they were just on another level of brutality altogether.

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Jackson, Kasule, Lawrence, McGachie, Logan were all pretty entertaining in their time. But why let the facts get in the way of a bitter outlook? 

Not sure Vic Kasule belongs on that list. We bought him from Albion Rovers (then club record of £35,000 IIRC) so the credit should go to them.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was the actual managers job i'm sure.

Who was it to replace (or assist)? 

Meadowbank, Stenny then Alloa prior to straight to Hibs seems one helluva jump, in anyone's book. Especially given not what i'd call an A-/B+ club like Falkirk, Dunfermline, St.Mirren, or even steady B clubs like Ayr, Airdrie, Morton, Raith, even ourselves or such like showed any interest in him despite having come up against him regularly. 

2 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Who was it to replace (or assist)? 

Meadowbank, Stenny then Alloa prior to straight to Hibs seems one helluva jump, in anyone's book. Especially given not what i'd call an A-/B+ club like Falkirk, Dunfermline, St.Mirren, or even steady B clubs like Ayr, Airdrie, Morton, Raith, even ourselves or such like showed any interest in him despite having come up against him regularly. 

Can't remember in was in the mid 80 to late 80s maybe the season Thistle were denied promotion  due to only one side going up.

Think it was maybe Miller he lost out to.

Recently read his autobiography and your right Andy it was Miller but he stated he was offered it a second time and If I remember correctly they gave it to Jim Duffy.

A really good read by the way.

Just now, NE63 exile said:

Recently read his autobiography and your right Andy it was Miller but he stated he was offered it a second time and If I remember correctly they gave it to Jim Duffy.

Couldn't remember the 2nd time must have forgotten about that.

15 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

You on about TC here? He was my Chemistry teacher at school briefly - loved his football.  

Yes that’s him. Really nice guy too. His autobiography is available on kindle for about £4 called the Headmaster of football. It’s a really good read and if you love the lower divisions there some legendary names and teams get mentioned in it.

8 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

Yes that’s him. Really nice guy too. His autobiography is available on kindle for about £4 called the Headmaster of football. It’s a really good read and if love the lower divisions there some legendary names and teams get mentioned in it.

Thanks for the heads up on this - I had no idea this book existed!

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

What is the latest news on the redevelopment of Meadowbank , and City's current standpoint/opposition  ?   

The Council are going to build something like the Aberdeen Sports Village or more likely the John Cumming Stadium, Carluke because athletics is such a major sport in Scotland and they really paid lots more ground rent to Meadowbank Stadium over the last 25 years than ECFC (cough). I'd have quite happily sent the athletes to ponce about Saughton Enclosure but the running track there is apparently not good enough for the poor darlings (so lift it then and LTHVFC could improve the stadium a bit better).  Oh and some genius seems to think the field athletes can hurl their hammers, shots and javelins at the proposed 4G in the middle without causing damage.

5c349c0e5e3be_johncumming.png.0fc05de979811a682c17d32d212e0b31.png

The John Cumming Stadium, offering magnificent views of the mighty Carluke Rovers...
For some reason, and I don't know why, City seem to think that having one turnstile, a tiny stand with about two rows of seating in it and looking across an 8 lane track isn't good enough for Scottish League Football. Ungrateful b*****ds really.

When I win the Euromillions I shall find some place worthy of levelling  for a football ground (like the Merchants Golf Course) and build the all-seater super-duper Bam Park there instead. And serve only vegan pies like FGR because I'm a cnut.

39 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

McDonut was interviewed for the Pars reserves job last time round. Could be in the running for first team job I hear and has a release clause for full time. Jim Jeffries will put in a good word too with his old club.

im off to the bookies !

Yup, heard from someone close to Edinburgh that he's fairly high up on their shortlist. I don't doubt that they will put together a good financial package for his replacement if he does leave, though.