Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, Tenkay said:

For sure,  a ground more in the city centre would help everyone and maybe we'd pick up a few extra fans who can't be bothered travelling across to Ainslie Park.

Who knows  where we'll end up but maybe the Lesser Murrayfield thing may be the best option.

Isn't just the travel, the lack of decent pubs around the ground is mighty annoying as well. Meadowbank was close enough to Easter Road etc which is a great area for pints.

13 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Maybe you should put some signs up warning away fans not to abuse the convicted paedophile in your employment then your officials and stewards wouldn’t have to work so hard keeping it hush hush.

troll.png.c34fc64ec79517f91defbe526ed9f2c5.png

13 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Deary me I’m hungover........... what a day yesterday, only sour note was how totally unsuitable Ainslie Park is with a crowd above 400.

The Inverness game next week is going to be a tight squeeze

Someone had one too many strepsils last night.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Not forgetting those Golden classics of yesterseason:

Ross MacNamara, scores goals with his arse...:lol:

I can't make that fit the tune.

(Don't tell me you sang it to something other than 'Guantanamera'!)

Deary me I’m hungover........... what a day yesterday, only sour note was how totally unsuitable Ainslie Park is with a crowd above 400.

The Inverness game next week is going to be a tight squeeze
I think fans are allowed behind far goals next week. Turnstiles maybe need a wee think about though for getting folk in!

️" userid="75473"]I think fans are allowed behind far goals next week. Turnstiles maybe need a wee think about though for getting folk in!

You might be right actually, the Scottish Cup rules are different so hopefully we’re allowed to open up the banking behind the goal. Not sure why we only had one set of turnstiles open yesterday (other than a lack of turnstile operators I guess) but we’ll need to be a bit slicker next week.

14 hours ago, GordonD said:

I can't make that fit the tune.

(Don't tell me you sang it to something other than 'Guantanamera'!)

It was a Monty special that song- and you're right it was sang to Guantanamera! 

The background was that Mac, despite being a smashing player, hadn't yet scored a goal for City. A midfielder (who wasn't such a smashing player) lashed a shot in an East of Scotland game which hit off Mac's bahoochie and was deflected in. Mac claimed the goal and the song was born! 

Greetings cityzens. First timer here, big livi supporter and was just wondering if anyone in here has any meadowbank thistle taps that they may be willing to part with in exchange for dolla dolla? The city v livi game a couple of years ago had some absolute stoaters on the go so was just wondering if any here had any/know anyone that does. Cheers ladies n gents. Mon the embra

Guest Landan Spiv
3 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Edinburgh City fans - surely there's no way Craig Beattie was as shite as he has been for us? Out of position constantly, turning circle of an aircraft carrier and he seems to have great difficulty kicking a ball.

Im amazed you signed him to be honest. He's had a great career but last season was one too many for him. Never ever thought he'd get another season playing. No disrespect to him he's a nice bloke but he should've retired end of last season maybe earlier. 

Im amazed you signed him to be honest. He's had a great career but last season was one too many for him. Never ever thought he'd get another season playing. No disrespect to him he's a nice bloke but he should've retired end of last season maybe earlier. 

I remember saying exactly the same thing when we released him and you signed him. Going purely on today’s performance though, if he is like that every week then he seriously needs to have a long hard think about it, and if he decides he’s going to go for another wee while then the first thing he needs to do is shift about a stone.