Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Supporters club has nothing to do with how the club is run or how games are stewarded. The people at Albion Rovers were just really nice and I’d include the staff at the boozer before the game as well.

Agreed

I have always found Coatbridge a good day out.

sad to say however that I’m not going back to Ainslie Park as it’s a horrible ground to watch football made much  worse by a very unfriendly bunch of officials who seem to spend the whole time looking for supporters to persecute.

Agreed
I have always found Coatbridge a good day out.
sad to say however that I’m not going back to Ainslie Park as it’s a horrible ground to watch football made much  worse by a very unfriendly bunch of officials who seem to spend the whole time looking for supporters to persecute.

I actually missed the 2 games where the stewarding appears to have been way over the top (maybe I’m a calming influence on them) but personally I’m no fan of the Ainslie Park match day experience and I’ll be delighted when we move (wherever that’s too and whenever that is).

I've actually remembered that a Cowden steward was acting the cnut towards me at the last Cowden v City match at Central Park and I vowed not to go back. Which is a shame as I must be one of the few people not to mind going to Central Park. 

Thanks Brazilianlex, you've just done your club out of £12 which I'll gladly donate to one of our local non-Scottish League clubs instead. 

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

If there are unfriendly knobs visiting Ainslie park looking to cause trouble, then the officials and stewards are quite right to have a word. would happen at any ground in the country.

You think Ainslie Park is a horrible ground, but you're quite happy to go to central park, cowdenbeath every second week!!!

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

If there are unfriendly knobs visiting Ainslie park looking to cause trouble, then the officials and stewards are quite right to have a word. would happen at any ground in the country.

You think Ainslie Park is a horrible ground, but you're quite happy to go to central park, cowdenbeath every second week!!!

Our stewards are the problem Tenkay not the away fans. Every club has a tiny minority of idiots. The best thing to do is keep an idiot quiet.......... What i mean by that is do not provoke the idiot. Our stewards do not just provoke idiots they also have provoked a few City season ticket holders(myself included in that or you could put me in the idiot bracket its entirely up to yourselves) 

Its a shame away fans are refusing to come to Ainslie Park because of this and vice versa. Football is a passionate game, we cant sit in silence at games and politely applaud and nothing else. Ainslie Park although adequate size wise for our needs has been nothing but a disaster. The club have worked very hard to make the matchday experience better its still a soulless ground which is awkward to get to for home and away fans. Spartans dont want us there either. Once we're out and we have a home of our own again lets hope the stewards dont come with us. 

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Our stewards are the problem Tenkay not the away fans. Every club has a tiny minority of idiots. The best thing to do is keep an idiot quiet.......... What i mean by that is do not provoke the idiot. Our stewards do not just provoke idiots they also have provoked a few City season ticket holders(myself included in that or you could put me in the idiot bracket its entirely up to yourselves) 

Its a shame away fans are refusing to come to Ainslie Park because of this and vice versa. Football is a passionate game, we cant sit in silence at games and politely applaud and nothing else. Ainslie Park although adequate size wise for our needs has been nothing but a disaster. The club have worked very hard to make the matchday experience better its still a soulless ground which is awkward to get to for home and away fans. Spartans dont want us there either. Once we're out and we have a home of our own again lets hope the stewards dont come with us. 

Its probably less soulless than Meadowbank ever was, at least the pitch at AP is in the same post code area as the stand:lol: I have to admit I never payed much attention to the stewards on our visit to City earlier in the season I take it that its a different company from last season as the stewards I spoke to last season seemed friendly and lelpful.

Interesting one that Spartans don't want you there, I would imagine that they would be one of the few clubs going around who wouldn't really need the ground rental and I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't rather use the non Spartans Saturday's for more or their community stuff.

It will be interesting what happens when your lease with them is up, could be a sticky one if Spartans don't want you and there's no where else to go!

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've actually remembered that a Cowden steward was acting the cnut towards me at the last Cowden v City match at Central Park and I vowed not to go back. Which is a shame as I must be one of the few people not to mind going to Central Park. 

Thanks Brazilianlex, you've just done your club out of £12 which I'll gladly donate to one of our local non-Scottish League clubs instead. 

The boy who pissed you off last season has only done one of our games this season.  

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its probably less soulless than Meadowbank ever was, at least the pitch at AP is in the same post code area as the stand:lol:

I liked the stand at Meadowbank. If the game was dull, you could sit in the back row and look down at the planes on final approach to the airport.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The boy who pissed you off last season has only done one of our games this season.  

Fairy nuff but knowing my luck he'd probably be back when I went through. I wonder if he's related to Stenhousemuir's Von Hindenburg lookalike?

It has to be said that Cowdenbeath is a gentleman and a scholar and wouldn't necessarily attract the attention of any jobsworth steward anyway!

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I liked the stand at Meadowbank. If the game was dull, you could sit in the back row and look down at the planes on final approach to the airport.

I actually had a wee bit of a soft spot for the old place, don't know why:lol:, it was a soulless venue though especially at City mid week game in the Lowland or EOSL days with about 50-60 rattling around a 7500 seater stand.

I suppose it was much friendlier back then no stewards etc in the non leagues, price you pay for going to the SPFL I suppose.

As Spiv mentioned earlier it was certainly a much easier place to get to off the train and a walk down London Road, and for the lazy b*****ds the bus. I've walked down to AP from the City centre but its a bit of a hike and ive always got the bus back (part lazy b*****d:lol:).

57 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Fairy nuff but knowing my luck he'd probably be back when I went through. I wonder if he's related to Stenhousemuir's Von Hindenburg lookalike?

It has to be said that Cowdenbeath is a gentleman and a scholar and wouldn't necessarily attract the attention of any jobsworth steward anyway!

He wasn't as bad as the guy at Stenny, Hitler himself wasn't as bad as the guy at Stenny:lol:.

Guest Landan Spiv
2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its probably less soulless than Meadowbank ever was, at least the pitch at AP is in the same post code area as the stand:lol: I have to admit I never payed much attention to the stewards on our visit to City earlier in the season I take it that its a different company from last season as the stewards I spoke to last season seemed friendly and lelpful.

Interesting one that Spartans don't want you there, I would imagine that they would be one of the few clubs going around who wouldn't really need the ground rental and I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't rather use the non Spartans Saturday's for more or their community stuff.

It will be interesting what happens when your lease with them is up, could be a sticky one if Spartans don't want you and there's no where else to go!

Meadowbank had a lot  more character than Ainslie Park and decent pubs nearby and places to eat etc. Plus it was most of our second home. Ive been a bit harsh on Spartans in my previous post, yes many of their committee and support dont want us there but they do us a very good turn when it comes to Edinburgh City Supporters buses in which im very grateful for. Doesn't change the fact that Ainslie Park is a dull place/area to watch a football match. We're an ambitious club so i hope we find a home of our soon. Meadowbank is pretty much off the cards. 

2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Meadowbank had a lot  more character than Ainslie Park and decent pubs nearby and places to eat etc. Plus it was most of our second home. Ive been a bit harsh on Spartans in my previous post, yes many of their committee and support dont want us there but they do us a very good turn when it comes to Edinburgh City Supporters buses in which im very grateful for. Doesn't change the fact that Ainslie Park is a dull place/area to watch a football match. We're an ambitious club so i hope we find a home of our soon. Meadowbank is pretty much off the cards. 

Aye there's more around the Meadowbank area that's for sure. I think City have probably lost a few fans moving to AP, its a well populated area around Meadowbank with more chance of picking up casual fans there.

Your "ambitious" in paying big wages for L2 but it will all be built on sand if you end up with now where to play.

32 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

If a businessman comes along and offers you a move to a new stadium in West Lothian, walk away quickly.

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I’ve done my club out of £12, ?  I’m mystified !

Guest Landan Spiv
3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye there's more around the Meadowbank area that's for sure. I think City have probably lost a few fans moving to AP, its a well populated area around Meadowbank with more chance of picking up casual fans there.

Your "ambitious" in paying big wages for L2 but it will all be built on sand if you end up with now where to play.

We don't pay big wages at all. Weve just been smart. 

2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

We don't pay big wages at all. Weve just been smart. 

Why do fans get all offended when other fans mention that they are paying decent wages? Why take it so personally. Handling is on more than Dumbarton offered him. That will be “big”.

Maybe you should put some signs up warning away fans not to abuse the convicted paedophile in your employment then your officials and stewards wouldn’t have to work so hard keeping it hush hush.

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Maybe you should put some signs up warning away fans not to abuse the convicted paedophile in your employment then your officials and stewards wouldn’t have to work so hard keeping it hush hush.

Thanks for pointing that out man....  I don't think you've ever mentioned it before!!!

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

For sure,  a ground more in the city centre would help everyone and maybe we'd pick up a few extra fans who can't be bothered travelling across to Ainslie Park.

Who knows  where we'll end up but maybe the Lesser Murrayfield thing may be the best option.

Edited by Tenkay