Edinburgh City

27 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Good point about the markings on an artificial pitch, I’d imagine there’s a way around it but never thought of it before.

Only mention of pitch markings in the SFA licensing manual is for Gold-Bronze rated grounds which must be for football only, entry level (SPFL League 1/2) you are able to do both, like Gala.

Edited by Ginaro

Guest Landan Spiv
5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The pitch at Neterdale has rugby markings on it dosn't seem to affect Gala FR games.

Always though City missed a trick with Tynecastle moving into Meggetland would have been a good wee ground for you. Lesser Murrayfield would be good for away fans off the train and a short ride in the tram and your there:)

Deffo missed a trick at meggetland. However an arse of a ground for away fans to get to(a bit like Ainslie park as you have to get a bus from the city centre) and not much directly within the vicinty. Is a very decent setup though and would've suited us. 

Guest Landan Spiv
5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Only mention of pitch markings in the SFA licensing manual is for Gold-Bronze rated grounds which must be for football only, entry level (SPFL League 1/2) you are able to do both, like Gala.

Didnt know that thanks for educating me a bit more. We'd be back to square one then if we ever grew so big that we were challenging for promotion to the championship. Big stumbling block that

15 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Deffo missed a trick at meggetland. However an arse of a ground for away fans to get to(a bit like Ainslie park as you have to get a bus from the city centre) and not much directly within the vicinty. Is a very decent setup though and would've suited us. 

Aye as you say its the train then the bus (or a train to Slateford and a wee walk up, for an away fan much like AP.  Not much around the ground but there is a decent social club behind the goal for the rugger chappies.

Doesn't seem much of a problem in the Champions League at Old Trafford tonight.

21 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye as you say its the train then the bus (or a train to Slateford and a wee walk up, for an away fan much like AP.  Not much around the ground but there is a decent social club behind the goal for the rugger chappies.

As well as the social club the Kilted Pig is just across the road which is decent.

IMG_3823.jpgIMG_1540667780.451959.jpg

A quick look back to this time last season (10 games played). Just highlights again the huge strides made by City this season.

27 points from 10 games is remarkable, but even more when remembering that City’s total points for the whole of last season was 30!

IMG_3823.thumb.jpg.8c361af1f8bfcb41b6516119897aacc8.jpgIMG_1540667780.451959.thumb.jpg.66aeb432241ea9ef47b3f07759840186.jpg

A quick look back to this time last season (10 games played). Just highlights again the huge strides made by City this season.

27 points from 10 games is remarkable, but even more when remembering that City’s total points for the whole of last season was 30!

Aye ok you’re playing well, try keeping it up arrogant capitalists

Guest Landan Spiv
7 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

See if you lot do win the league, do you think mr blooby (the fake as f**k fan) will reappear?

Probably not to be honest. I very much doubt he'll be at another city game again now hes been sussed. Was really silly doing that undercover journalism nonsense. Hes fanzines were superb and i do miss them but id rather a real fan produce one. 

See if you lot do win the league, do you think mr blooby (the fake as f**k fan) will reappear?

Probably not to be honest. I very much doubt he'll be at another city game again now hes been sussed. Was really silly doing that undercover journalism nonsense. 

Oh, what did I miss here? I just assumed he was one of the fans outraged by the Thomson signing that he refused to come back.

Guest Landan Spiv
Just now, BB_Bino said:

Oh, what did I miss here? I just assumed he was one of the fans outraged by the Thomson signing that he refused to come back.

Hes a good bloke really but he made a "confession" in his last ever fanzine on the back page. He told us long before we signed Thomson that he was going to start following the ice hockey as his "new project" so it was nothing to do with the signing. I liked him, an eccentric character its a shame he wasnt a real fan in the end. He was literally at every single game. 

Was it not the move to Ainslie Park that resulted in his move to ice hockey (don’t think he ever did start doing any sort of journalism there)? I understood that he was a Meadowbank Thistle fan who then adopted City? His fanzines were excellent. Wonder what he is actually doing now?

Guest Landan Spiv
16 minutes ago, EmbraJam said:

Was it not the move to Ainslie Park that resulted in his move to ice hockey (don’t think he ever did start doing any sort of journalism there)? I understood that he was a Meadowbank Thistle fan who then adopted City? His fanzines were excellent. Wonder what he is actually doing now?

He also followed Gretna during their demise home and away so did the same there what he was doing at City basically we were another project towards his "screen production" that he was working towards. As I said i like the guy but can see why a lot of others cant or didnt take him seriously. 

️" userid="75473"]Best away support yesterday in a long time I reckon...counted heading for 100! Great to see. [emoji1319][emoji1319]

Yesterday must have been the biggest support we’ve taken away since we got into the league. Was a great day and hopefully encourages folk to come regularly home and away. Fair play to the steward next to us who seemed happy to let us have a laugh.