Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv
8 hours ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

For the fans it has to be a big away day. For me personally, Ireland would be the best, Wales next, and any other new ground still pretty good. Don't want a trip to England.

Bohs would be my top pick as ive got family in Dublin and I'm long overdue a visit. Sligo is a pain to get to, Coleraine would be decent as theres a train from Belfast or Derry(Londonderry or whatever you prefer to call it). Connahs Quay isnt far from Chester so would be do-able. Sutton is decent but ive been there four times but would still be happy if we got that draw. Its still a plane journey 

26 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Was nae being cheeky it's great seeing the club going from strength to strength and it's all thanks to the LL for making it happen as the EOSFL champions always had nowhere to go!

City are the benchmark for all things LL!

Out of interest are you a new follower or were you there there in the days of Postal utd/ EOSFL  or LL ? 

(Not being personal just interested in the club's progress in terms of fan base as there's been plenty of debate regarding crowds on the junior (especially) and LL pyramid forums)

Edited by newcastle broon

Guest Landan Spiv
9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Was nae being cheeky it's great seeing the club going from strength to strength and it's all thanks to the LL for making it happen as the EOSFL champions always had nowhere to go!

City are the benchmark for all things LL!

Out of interest are you a new follower or were you there there in the days of Postal utd/ EOSFL  or LL ? 

(Not being personal just interested in the club's progress in terms of fan base)

I know my comment was also tongue in cheek. I started following the club during the 1st lowland league season however I did attend one scottish cup game when the club was an east of Scotland outfit(a day visit before i moved up a couple of years later). Never actually met anybody until we got to league 2 as i hardly ever travelled away to see City and like most others sat alone at games at Meadowbank . So yes im relatively new so to speak, in fact there are only four or five peoples faces i recognise from the lowland league days, most are new. The supporters club has helped bring everybody together from the social club aspect, to old and new fans and also a strong relationship with the board. Our fan base will get bigger but its a hard slog. Our fanbase will only grow with success or unless we are very lucky like Dulwich Hamlet down south and get a whole subculture who just one day decide that we're gonna be their team and our gates treble. 

21 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

...Coleraine would be decent as theres a train from Belfast or Derry(Londonderry or whatever you prefer to call it)...

You get a double barreled Derry - Londonderry with the train announcements just to make absolutely sure nobody is confused what city is being referred to.

Guest Landan Spiv
1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You get a double barreled Derry - Londonderry with the train announcements just to make absolutely sure nobody is confused what city is being referred to.

Sad state of affairs eh. I just say Derry because it's easier probs like most people 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I can never remember which, ah, political persuasion calls it what.

Derry is preferred by Nationalists and Republicans, Londonderry by Unionists. Used to be a non-issue because both sides used Derry colloquially up until the 1980s when the SDLP run local council moved to change it officially. Still officially Londonderry in some contexts where it can only be changed by royal charter, but Derry is also used officially in many contexts such as local government.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Derry is preferred by Nationalists and Republicans, Londonderry by Unionists. Used to be a non-issue because both sides used Derry colloquially up until the 1980s when the SDLP run local council moved to change it officially. Still officially Londonderry in some contexts where it can only be changed by royal charter, but Derry is also used officially in many contexts such as local government.

Thanks, that seems the most logical way as Republicans wouldn't want any mention of London, whether or not it has any reference to that other place. What confused me was that the **** sing about "guarding old Derry's walls" but this presumably predates the 1980s.

22 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Can mind the days when a trip to hawick was a big away day.  TTB to confirm as he was probably yer only fan in them days wi maybes the exception of scroogey :thumsup2

I can mind when we used to lose at Rosewell Newky... that's how auld I am! :P

Guest Landan Spiv
9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I can mind when we used to lose at Rosewell Newky... that's how auld I am! :P

Ive seen us 4 times against Welfare and ive only seen us win once and that was a couple of months back in a friendly. 

Guest Landan Spiv

Nice 7-0 victory for City earlier in the East of Scotland FA (CITY) Cup. 3-0 at half time and Lothian Thistle fell apart in the last 20 minutes. Couldve been double figures. Low crowd but the weather was horrendous and the game was played on of the oriam outdoor pitches. Excellent programme produced for it though i must admit. Some of our Under 20s look decent prospects. Adam Watson our loanee from Livingston had a great game. Back to league action on Saturday when Annan visit Ainslie Park. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

City's going to be live on BBC Alba for their Irn Bru Cup game at Arbroath.

Amazing!  Never thought I'd see an Edinburgh City match Live on TV! 

Shows how far we've come in a short space of time!

We're only just  gettting started!

Edited by Tenkay

maybe we should get a banner made with something rude in Gaelic on it. That'll teach 'em...

Cò an caora sin còmhla riut a chunnaic mi an-raoir?
Who was that sheep I saw you with last night?

Cha b'e sin caora, 'se sin mo chèile a bha innte!
That was no sheep, that was my spouse!