Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv
36 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Except last week against Stranraer!...Oh and twice in pre-season games.

Haha. I meant in league 2. Once in 2 and a bit years until today 

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Might as well shut this thread down. 

You feeling a bit frustrated about lack of  posts mate?

As you know City have very few fans anyway,  and guys on here like Bay citizen and City Citizen never post much.

Which leaves  You and Ally.   tamthebam must be away just now as he's not logged in for a fornight.  I'm just back today  from a week away as well.

Anyway, theres been nothing to discuss as we get Zero info out of the club!  For instance, injury news. How is Gareth Rodgers injury coming along?

Seeing as we only get about a 100 city at Ainslie park for home games,  I'd expect we'd have next to no fans travel away up to Elgin this weekend, therefore no-one can discuss what happened.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated as well.  We shouldn't be losing that game yesterday, and frustrated the club are taking ages to sign a certain striker and a couple of decent centre-halves we clearly need!

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

You feeling a bit frustrated about lack of  posts mate?

As you know City have very few fans anyway,  and guys on here like Bay citizen and City Citizen never post much.

Which leaves  You and Ally.   tamthebam must be away just now as he's not logged in for a fornight.  I'm just back today  from a week away as well.

Anyway, theres been nothing to discuss as we get Zero info out of the club!  For instance, injury news. How is Gareth Rodgers injury coming along?

Seeing as we only get about a 100 city at Ainslie park for home games,  I'd expect we'd have next to no fans travel away up to Elgin this weekend, therefore no-one can discuss what happened.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated as well.  We shouldn't be losing that game yesterday, and frustrated the club are taking ages to sign a certain striker and a couple of decent centre-halves we clearly need!

Yeah lack of posts frustrates me as this is pretty much the only fans forum we have. In regards to the club I feel they have been very transparent this season. Gareth Rodgers injury was detailed on the website in the Elgin match preview as well as an update on Josh Walker. I've heard rumours about the striker but nothing concrete yet so I'm just gonna wait and see if anything happens regarding that. We need a couple of more players to add depth in case of injury or suspension. You are also very correct in saying we don't have many fans, Gaining more support is something the club and supporters club have high up on the agenda. I do believe Tam the bam is sunning himself in a mysterious location right now, its quiet on this thread without him. A few travelled up to Elgin yesterday from what I've read on twitter and Facebook. Apparently we were unlucky yesterday and should've come away with a point at least...... But we never I suppose. Stirling at home next week, they've got a point to prove and will give us a game, hopefully the lads confidence isn't knocked a bit after yesterday. Irn bru cup Tuesday......... Couldn't care about that to be honest. 

I had forgotten we even had an Irnbru cup game this week!  I'll give that a wide berth and just look forward to next saturdays match.

That irnbru cup thing must be a chance for the guys that sit on the bench every week (and some u20s)  to start a game surely?

I hope our first choice eleven are all rested on tuesday.

Not much to talk about this week if I’m honest, it’s still early in the season and I’m still quite happy with how the team looked last week.

A close defeat away to Elgin wasn’t exactly surprising and hasn’t got me worried at all.

I’m in two minds about Tuesday night, I’m not that bothered about the challenge cup but at least it’s not a colt team.

Hopefully should be a good game against Stirling on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

21 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

You are also very correct in saying we don't have many fans, Gaining more support is something the club and supporters club have high up on the agenda. I do believe Tam the bam is sunning himself in a mysterious location right now, its quiet on this thread without him. A few travelled up to Elgin yesterday from what I've read on twitter and Facebook. Apparently we were unlucky yesterday and should've come away with a point at least...... But we never I suppose. Stirling at home next week, they've got a point to prove and will give us a game, hopefully the lads confidence isn't knocked a bit after yesterday. Irn bru cup Tuesday......... Couldn't care about that to be honest. 

Do you think the move to Ainslie Park has cost the club to lose much support ?

I remember it looked busier at Meadowbank.  Maybe most of the support live over at that side of the city and don't want to travel to AP?

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I remember it looked busier at Meadowbank.  Maybe most of the support live over at that side of the city and don't want to travel to AP?

Its more of a built up area down Meadowbank way so perhaps it was easier attracting folk to games there,

Guest Landan Spiv
2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Haven't really noticed that much difference in Attendences. Our last ever game at Meadowbank the crowd was only 316 or around that mark. We've had more than that at Ainslie Park on numerous occasions. We only had 246 at Meadowbank one afternoon against Annan and that was a Saturday. Our highest crowd against Berwick Rangers since being in the spfl was at Ainslie however our highest league attendance in the spfl was 557 against Cowdenbeath when wre at Meadowbank. I honestly don't think there's much difference because we've got that core of supporters who will turn up wherever we play. Our support is spread across the city. We've got a few in East Lothian, a few in piershill/Meadowbank /mountcastle/Northfield areas, a dad and lad from the borders, I know of two season ticket holders who live west of Lothian Road and some as far out as Corstorphine and Maybury. We're quite spread out which I think is great. 

Guest Landan Spiv

To add to my last post there are also city fans in Craigmillar and Danderhall who are very good pals of mine.

We're quite a difficult bunch to work out us City fans haha 

2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Been brilliant so far 

Would be surprised if he didn't stand out, stepping down a level or two tbh.

Always felt he was a bit shy in the tackle at times when he was at The Sons.

He's got a decent shot, but often took an extra touch though & the chance was gone.

Cheers, good luck.

Guest Landan Spiv
25 minutes ago, Jallan Films said:

Fair result going by the video. Great coverage as usual guys. Elgin missed some absolute sitters in that. We had a few chances as well

Guest Landan Spiv
13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Would be surprised if he didn't stand out, stepping down a level or two tbh.

Always felt he was a bit shy in the tackle at times when he was at The Sons.

He's got a decent shot, but often took an extra touch though & the chance was gone.

Cheers, good luck.

He's had a couple of bad injuries in the past, always stays in a players psyche when going into a tackle to be hesitant after bad injuries, probs explains the reason why he didn't fully commit into challenges at Dumbarton. 

Good luck for the season as well 

Edinburgh will have a decent season on this showing. They dominated long periods of the second half, but lacked a threat up front. Thought No. 10, Handling? Was a standout. As for Elgin, we toughed it out, where in previous seasons we would have buckled. Delighted to get the 3 points, can’t do backs to the wall every week.

10 minutes ago, roberts said:

Edinburgh will have a decent season on this showing. They dominated long periods of the second half, but lacked a threat up front. Thought No. 10, Handling? Was a standout. As for Elgin, we toughed it out, where in previous seasons we would have buckled. Delighted to get the 3 points, can’t do backs to the wall every week.

Completely agree. Edinburgh will be more concerned with looking up than looking down in the league. Some decent players and like the look of both fullbacks. Glad to Nick 3 points and would be happy to finish above that team this year.