Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv
50 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

You can stand behind one goal and on one side (stand side) about a quarter of the way up the pitch.

Can’t stand anywhere else because it’s grass bankings or something. I’ve nipped at the club a few times about allowing standing behind both goals but it looks like a no go.

Grass bank standing only allowed for Scottish Cup games apparently. The SFA are quite strict on it.  Also I agree mate Ainslie isn't the best but its somewhere to watch our team for now. My personal preferences would be lesser murrayfield if that gets built or Edinburgh accies new stadium which will hold over 3,000. Who knows what the future holds but I'm very positive it'll be a secure one. 

53 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

You can stand behind one goal and on one side (stand side) about a quarter of the way up the pitch.

Can’t stand anywhere else because it’s grass bankings or something. I’ve nipped at the club a few times about allowing standing behind both goals but it looks like a no go.

Thought it was something to do with the grass bankings. Bit annoying thought when you have something resembling a decent crowd there, real lack of decent places to watch the game 

3 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Grass bank standing only allowed for Scottish Cup games apparently. The SFA are quite strict on it.  Also I agree mate Ainslie isn't the best but its somewhere to watch our team for now. My personal preferences would be lesser murrayfield if that gets built or Edinburgh accies new stadium which will hold over 3,000. Who knows what the future holds but I'm very positive it'll be a secure one. 

Its the SPFL that don't allow you to use the grass banking for league games. You can stand there for Spartans games H&S at its worse I suppose.

I would say over all you get a better view of the game at AP than you did at Meadowbank.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its the SPFL that don't allow you to use the grass banking for league games. You can stand there for Spartans games H&S at its worse I suppose.

I would say over all you get a better view of the game at AP than you did at Meadowbank.

balmoor.thumb.jpg.4da5fef4b5c058d52a50203eaccd5a6b.jpg

It's just as well they don't let people watch from the dangerous grass slopes at Balmoor (above) or Borough Briggs (below)... 

elg20.thumb.jpg.9b716d5b7f7c69080942dc3ada3154fd.jpg

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

balmoor.thumb.jpg.4da5fef4b5c058d52a50203eaccd5a6b.jpg

It's just as well they don't let people watch from the dangerous grass slopes at Balmoor (above) or Borough Briggs (below)... 

elg20.thumb.jpg.9b716d5b7f7c69080942dc3ada3154fd.jpg

Peterhead one is outside nothing you can do about that apart from putting up a high fence to block the view. Nice pic of my old mate Pat thought:lol:

Think Elgin get away with the banking as there is terracing below it so Scrouge 1928 told me last season when I was speaking to him about it.

Guest Landan Spiv

According the clubs twitter we've got another new signing being announced just after 8pm 

Would actually dance around the streets of portobello in a mankini if we announced the return of Dougie Gair(he should have a bloody good tan by now as well the lucky bloke) 

OK I won't dance about porty in a mankini.............. The tarquins and floellas that live there would be most offended 

48 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

According the clubs twitter we've got another new signing being announced just after 8pm 

Would actually dance around the streets of portobello in a mankini if we announced the return of Dougie Gair(he should have a bloody good tan by now as well the lucky bloke) 

OK I won't dance about porty in a mankini.............. The tarquins and floellas that live there would be most offended 

another new signing? our mysterious backer must have raked down the back of the sofa and found some loose change then! :whistle

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Peterhead one is outside nothing you can do about that apart from putting up a high fence to block the view. Nice pic of my old mate Pat thought:lol:

Think Elgin get away with the banking as there is terracing below it so Scrouge 1928 told me last season when I was speaking to him about it.

that banking isn't actually outside Balmoor although it looks like it in the photo.

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

that banking isn't actually outside Balmoor although it looks like it in the photo.

There is a grass bank in one corner at Balmoorthat kids run about on but it is not used for standing to watch the game. The bank in the photo is outwith the ground behind a goal. The photo from Elgin looks like its been photo shopped or whatever they do with changing pictures be interested to hear if any Elgin fan thinks its genuine.

There is a grass bank in one corner at Balmoorthat kids run about on but it is not used for standing to watch the game. The bank in the photo is outwith the ground behind a goal. The photo from Elgin looks like its been photo shopped or whatever they do with changing pictures be interested to hear if any Elgin fan thinks its genuine.
Tam hardly knows how to operate a mobile phone, never mind Photoshop.

Getting Graham Taylor back on a permanent deal is a decent bit of business, thought he did well on loan last season and a bit of pace to stretch teams or go over the top is always welcome. Squad is shaping up nicely.

15 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Picture of B.B. is genuine. Many a game played by kids on it during big game!

Fair enough it was just the guy in the background looks huge compared to the rest & could not remember seeing the bridge from the ground the last time I was up.

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Getting Graham Taylor back on a permanent deal is a decent bit of business, thought he did well on loan last season and a bit of pace to stretch teams or go over the top is always welcome. Squad is shaping up nicely.

Lovely.......... Lovely bit of business 

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Its my photo of Elgin. Its not photoshopped because I don't have the bloody skill to do that. If I did have photoshop skills I'd publish a photo of myself buying a round to dispel the rumours! 

4 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Is signing Taylor worth a streak across Ainslie Park?!