Edinburgh City

Not sure if this is the answer and wary of going a bit 'yer da' but would like to see the club try and pick up hungry players with something to prove from the Lowland, the East of Scotland and where possible the juniors. Far too many guys cruising about on 6 month loans just now, a handful is fine but not most of the starting 11. Of course we also need a helluva lot more from our big names, Walker probably gets a pass as he's been injured but Laird and Beattie have been poor and Thomson is yet to produce anything positive of note. I'd imagine between those 4 that's most of the wage budget.

On a positive note I quite like our goalie, he is very good at shouting.

We've got a 22 man squad, probably half of those are not good enough for league 2 football.

I'd say we do have enough to make a good eleven, but they've never all been on the pitch at the same time!

The biggest problem, is they way they get set up!   Players playing in the wrong positions.

Systems... Is there any plan at all? 

Every week we play the same way, and every week it fails.

The change of management has made no difference at all, in fact maybe worse the last two weeks.

If we get set up properly, with the right players playing in their best positions, then we'd be good enough to win a few games and move up the league table.

Am I confident this will happen? .......sadly no!

Edited by Tenkay

15 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Not sure if this is the answer and wary of going a bit 'yer da' but would like to see the club try and pick up hungry players with something to prove from the Lowland, the East of Scotland and where possible the juniors. Far too many guys cruising about on 6 month loans just now, a handful is fine but not most of the starting 11. Of course we also need a helluva lot more from our big names, Walker probably gets a pass as he's been injured but Laird and Beattie have been poor and Thomson is yet to produce anything positive of note. I'd imagine between those 4 that's most of the wage budget.

On a positive note I quite like our goalie, he is very good at shouting.

Eh, was  it not this make up of players who  won promotion with City and were replaced by others or have I missed something?  The newbies deemed to be of a better standard however are failing the past and present manager’s miserably. Mistakes have been made and January is crucial for Mr McDonaugh  in identifying the  areas for improvement, as he seeks to preserve the hard work of many over the year’s to preserve City’s SFL status. Good luck  with the task ahead and my feeling is he is more than capable of pulling this around with astute recruitment. 

Eh, was  it not this make up of players who  won promotion with City and were replaced by others or have I missed something?  The newbies deemed to be of a better standard however are failing the past and present manager’s miserably. Mistakes have been made and January is crucial for Mr McDonaugh  in identifying the  areas for improvement, as he seeks to preserve the hard work of many over the year’s to preserve City’s SFL status. Good luck  with the task ahead and my feeling is he is more than capable of pulling this around with astute recruitment. 

I think if you're missing anything it's my point!!

That was the make up of the team, and a lot of those players have been 'upgraded' but we're a worse team than we were 12 months ago. There are players down there that are more than good enough to compete in L2 and we have experienced players who should be able to help them acclimatise.

Not sure what type of player the new manager will go for but we need a bit of urgency and a bit of width in the team ASAP.

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I think if you're missing anything it's my point!!

That was the make up of the team, and a lot of those players have been 'upgraded' but we're a worse team than we were 12 months ago. There are players down there that are more than good enough to compete in L2 and we have experienced players who should be able to help them acclimatise.

Not sure what type of player the new manager will go for but we need a bit of urgency and a bit of width in the team ASAP.

sign Deek's old pal Garry- he'd give us plenty of width!

garry.png.f2fa0af5820c2a99e0fda9dbc9eff4f6.png

How's Ian Smith been for you lads?

Would be really harsh to judge him as he's not had many minutes and when he has he's been asked to battle for long scraps against some aggressive and irritable full back. Some flashes of talent and he seems willing to work hard but don't think it will go down as a successful loan for either party at this rate.

Has anyone heard anything about Farid El-Alagui training with you?  I spoke to him briefly last week at a wedding and he mentioned training with you, but I don't know if that was just to keep fit or whether it was with an eye on a deal.  Could even be that he will train when fully fit and he's not started yet, I was fairly pished, but he definitely mentioned something about going along to training.