Edinburgh City

5 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

That's the first time I've watched him play for City and to be honest I felt really uncomfortable.

If anyone else wants to talk about the actual football in the Queen's Park v Edinburgh City Betfred Cup Tie at Hampden Park today then I'd be more than interested to hear about it but be aware that the Edinburgh City coach who comes on here and pretends to be a fan visited about 12 minutes ago and he (presumably the other coaches and the City committee as well) doesn't like supporters to talk about the games.  :whistle

Upfront.jpg

That was one sided a game as I'll see this season, City were miles away from Queens Park - the Beast was anonymous and Citys tactics were agricultural at best. 

Queens won without breaking sweat, scored 3, hit the woodwork twice and had many more chances - City got over the half way line a couple of times.

3 minutes ago, drs said:

That was one sided a game as I'll see this season, City were miles away from Queens Park - the Beast was anonymous and Citys tactics were agricultural at best. 

Queens won without breaking sweat, scored 3, hit the woodwork twice and had many more chances - City got over the half way line a couple of times.

Cheers mate. A good summary. 

Thought you wern't going to the games?

I spoke to the board (you can scroll back to see the summary of what was discussed) and reached some sort of compromise. Difficult to explain how much I wish this all hadn't happened

If anyone else wants to talk about the actual football in the Queen's Park v Edinburgh City Betfred Cup Tie at Hampden Park today then I'd be more than interested to hear about it but be aware that the Edinburgh City coach who comes on here and pretends to be a fan visited about 12 minutes ago and he (presumably the other coaches and the City committee as well) doesn't like supporters to talk about the games.  :whistle
Upfront.thumb.jpg.c44e85e23f13b20cff30e822cdacbe9b.jpg

He really needs to stop coming on here, for everyone's sake. I thought City were rubbish to be honest and certainly didn't deserve anything out of the game. One good chance that was cleared off the line just before QP scored but that was about it. Difficult to know how to judge these games, pre-season or competitive, but apart from a relatively encouraging cameo from Calum Hall there were zero positives for me.

14 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

He really needs to stop coming on here, for everyone's sake. I thought City were rubbish to be honest and certainly didn't deserve anything out of the game. One good chance that was cleared off the line just before QP scored but that was about it. Difficult to know how to judge these games, pre-season or competitive, but apart from a relatively encouraging cameo from Calum Hall there were zero positives for me.

The blokes a weapon 

Significantly better performance last night, thought the lad Verlaque was excellent and the guys who we know can play at a higher level, Grimes, Laird, Walker and Thomson............ really showed why they've been at big clubs throughout their career. Do we think that's the first time 'emergency crowd control measures' have had to be implemented at an Edinburgh City game?

On 23/07/2017 at 14:50, tamthebam said:

I really should have remembered the old saying "Never mudwrestle with a pig. You'll only get mucky and the pig likes it".

Is this what passes for half-time entertainment these days?

Whilst City held their own on tuesday and sadly lost to another late goal I am not convinced we have a big enough squad. I note we appear to have a few players out for a few weeks and at present probably only u21s to back up. The Betfred is fine as a income generator but for the smaller clubs it could have serious consequences for the start of season with to many early injuries. Rather City just see it as pre season rather than too competitive otherwise we could have a similar start to last year. 

Whilst City held their own on tuesday and sadly lost to another late goal I am not convinced we have a big enough squad. I note we appear to have a few players out for a few weeks and at present probably only u21s to back up. The Betfred is fine as a income generator but for the smaller clubs it could have serious consequences for the start of season with to many early injuries. Rather City just see it as pre season rather than too competitive otherwise we could have a similar start to last year. 

Think it's been a conscious decision to have a smaller first team squad this year and hope that the young lads are able to step in when required. This didn't happen at all last season as far as I'm aware. I agree to an extent that the frequency of the games in the Betfred is an issue for the part time teams. Overall I'm still a big fan though.

On 01/08/2017 at 17:57, AllyMonc said:

Good to see the £6 offer for Hearts and Hibs season ticket holders return this season, and with Spartans added on as well. I think if it's sold properly it could work really well.

Aye, a great deal for any Hibs / Hertz fans that are prepared to come to a City game.

For all that's gone on over the last few months I am genuinely looking forward to the season starting, Saturday is a better day when the football is on. Great to see the club actively trying to get punters through the gate but I think the attendance will be down on last season.

47 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

For all that's gone on over the last few months I am genuinely looking forward to the season starting, Saturday is a better day when the football is on. Great to see the club actively trying to get punters through the gate but I think the attendance will be down on last season.

I agree attendances will be down this season, although probably not for the same reason you do!

For me the move to Ainslie Park from Meadowbank will put a lot of people off probably travelling further.

I actually think it's much better at Ainslie Park to watch the match, without a running track keeping you far back from the action.

Edited by Tenkay