Edinburgh City

I'll bow to your superior knowledge then.

Girl was 12 at the time of the report but 11 when the offences occurred. It's absolutely brutal. A kid just either in primary school or coming out of primary school. Whilst he was a 20 year old man.

8585f47b580f1925ff5e28ed37bca2ba.jpg

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Girl was 12 at the time of the report but 11 when the offences occurred. It's absolutely brutal. A kid just either in primary school or coming out of primary school. Whilst he was a 20 year old man.

Genuinely can't believe anyone would defend that tbh.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cheers for that. Hadn't been following it that closely.

Any player with any moral standing should be telling the club they want released straight away . Fans of other teams in the league should boycott City games until this creepy b*****d is binned . 

Some pretty staggering views from both sides. Simon, as usual, articulately puts across valid points that people who 'disagree' with him struggle to rebut. 

Suprised City have taken the decision to sign him though. Not sure it's worth the hassle. 

The primitive 'burn the beast!!1!' views from the usual suspects are entirely predictable. 

Football is a morally fucked game anyway. 

Genuinely stunned people are defending the signing of a genuine paedophile. What he's done, which was proven without doubt, over many years, with multiple victims, is absolutely fucking vile.

Feel for you guys here. I really like Edinburgh City and you deserve to be in our leagues. Loyal fans, good players still getting a chance but this is disgusting. If you are convicted of an assault when on a night out if you get in a fight or you have been convicted of a driving offence it really does affect your future employment opportunities and rightly so. The fact that this man has committed a crime that is lower than low but still gets to do what he loves is a disgrace. I'm sure every single person on here would play for their club for free if they could. Just for the chance to play for the team you love but a convicted peadophile gets to play and earn a wage. I'm sure if the club looked at all the players across the country who are being released and have no idea where their life will take them they'd find a few gems in there that are of a much higher calibre than him!

Anyway rant over. Not my club but feel your pain. I hope the board change their mind and you have a great season

A lot of people seem to be treating it like Thomsons been the victim and he's 'served his time and done his punishment'.

That's all well and good until you take into account how it's affected the lives of all the young children and the families involved who will never ever be able to just move on. Not seen one mention of them yet.

Some may be emotionally scarred and humiliated for life, young kids who've been taken advantage of by a predator.

Now this guy is playing for the 3rd biggest club in the city they are from. No matter what you say about football just being a job or whatever there's no chance that this reaction would happen if he'd taken a job as a plumber or whatever. Bringing it all up again for the victims. Watching this guy get the privilege of playing professional football in their city's so called community club.

Can't believe some people are sticking up for this guy.

The chairman had genuine empathy in his voice in his phone call to me this morning  about my stance on the matter. As I've said before I'm walking away but I've nothing against those who decide to go next season or anyone on the board even though there should've been a meeting with fans beforehand. I wish them all the best(not Thomson) 

30 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Excuse me for my foreign oblviousness, but I take it 'beast' is slang for kiddy diddler/paedophile/etc? I've never encoutnered the term in this context before.

Generally yes but it can also apply to any sex offender

Well the board didn't tell me they knew Rangers would be along a day later to take the heat off them............... (Please note I am not making light of the Thomson issue, I am merely, as we all should be, laughing at Rangers)

28 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Well the board didn't tell me they knew Rangers would be along a day later to take the heat off them............... (Please note I am not making light of the Thomson issue, I am merely, as we all should be, laughing at Rangers)

They should have waited until tomorrow before announcing it would be a good day for letting bad news out to the media after tonight's result:lol: