Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I reckon You'll have to reach out more than on here if you want a fans meet up bud. :o

Not every City fan will read p&b, in fact I'm sure it's just a tiny minority of the City support who will actually be on here :blink:

True but some is better than none 

I am absolutely disgusted by Edinburgh City. I have ties with the club going back 20 odd years and this makes me sick to my stomach. 

Hope a boycott does happen. So shortsighted from new chairman. It's a disgrace. I think you'll find a complete change in the way the club is run and that closeness/togetherness with players and fans will disappear. Look at the boys that came up through the youth teams to get City promoted, most of whom have left. All for club being ambitious but what set them apart from "the big boys" was the chance to really feel invested in the club and part of things.

Huge shift in the ethos of the club, but it's been coming over last 10 months. 

A real shame.

Nah he should never get a good job again in his life. Cant believe what I'm seeing. These clubs should be embarrassed signing Goodwillie/Thomson. Least the Edinburgh City fans have some decency and are gonna do something about it. The Clyde fans celebrated Goodwillie which was just horrible

1- Goodwillie was not criminally convicted

2- Goodwillie is appealing the fine against him

3- Clyde fans did not celebrate the signing, there was much debate but he did score the goals that kept us up which were celebrated

4- What actually happened with the Goodwillie incident is a bit of a grey area and could be attributed to poor judgement / a one off mistake. Hardly similar to grooming kids online for a prolonged period of time.

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

4- What actually happened with the Goodwillie incident is a bit of a grey area and could be attributed to poor judgement / a one off mistake. Hardly similar to grooming kids online for a prolonged period of time.

It's always positive when you're reduced to arguing whether the sex offender on your team is more or less of a sex offender than the sex offender on another team...

It's always positive when you're reduced to arguing whether the sex offender on your team is more or less of a sex offender than the sex offender on another team...

Well the poster I quoted was trying to take the moral high ground with comments like 'at least we are doing something about it'. While trying to paint Clyde fans as celebrating sex offenders.

The facts however are that Thomson is an utter scumbag and should be hounded out the door. Grooming children online is a deliberate and sustained act of a sick mind. The Goodwillie incident comes down to a one off incident and there was not enough evidence to convict.

How did Aaron Dunsmore do with you lads ?

I thought he was poor at the start of the season, it felt like he resented being there (only my personal opinion) and got a bit of stick from the crowd. But fair play to the lad he knuckled down and finished the season really well. Certainly got the ability to play League 1 and I believe a few years ago Dunfermline were very close to signing him.

Craig Thomson is also 100% signing and will be announced at some point during the week 

[emoji1361]

What's Ally etc away to do then? Season tickets back? Pretty sad.

Wonder if this will have an affect on attendances. Already thought they might go down a bit as there's no new buzz this year but this might be even more of a blow.