Edinburgh City

All fans that want a voice heard and to discuss what we are going to do please inbox me and we can arrange a meet up(with pints) .

Only we can try and stop this happening. I'm not against the board, I don't have any personal gripes with anyone at the club but hopefully we can make them see a bit of common sense 

If this is true then a fans committee (such as the Supporters Club or Trust) should be organising supporters to do this. Individual protests can be easily brushed aside but if fans organise themselves and stick together then you could have a loud voice over this. Sure, your club could be damaged by protesting and boycotting but it's the only way to be heard.

Yeah that's actually a fair point. I'll be honest I don't know how many would get involved but it's worth sounding some people out.

Oh well. Was planning to take in the Berwick game as a neutral and possibly Motherwell too. Suspect I'll go elsewhere now. This signing stinks.

You'd imagine the only way the club will actually acknowledge this issue is if crowds drop. Not sure how many neutrals will be turned off by this but I'm sure you won't be the only one

I think it's wrong to deny someone the chance to work and do what they are good at, once the police or the judicial system is done with them. Even if someone is a murderer, once they are out of prison they should be given a second chance. If not we are just animals.

I think it's wrong to deny someone the chance to work and do what they are good at, once the police or the judicial system is done with them. Even if someone is a murderer, once they are out of prison they should be given a second chance. If not we are just animals.

He sexually abused primary school/1st year kids online. Of course he's got the right to work and earn a living doing something in society but football is obviously different.

Leaves a sour taste in your mouth as a supporter paying for the privilege of watching him do something you'd love to do and paying his wages at the same time.

Then there's the added factor that you might be taking your own kids along to watch him play too for some people.. it stinks. Imagine he became your wee girls favourite player.

I understand the disgust, and I have the same kind of disgust for those actions. But I don't see how football is different. We should forgive (not forget) and allow those kind of people the chance to live lives within the law, doing their work. Football is a job for football players.

I understand the disgust, and I have the same kind of disgust for those actions. But I don't see how football is different. We should forgive (not forget) and allow those kind of people the chance to live lives within the law, doing their work. Football is a job for football players.

100 percent disagree.

There's a difference between forgiving him and letting him back into society to play a part and lead a normal life, and giving him the privileged position of a footballer at a senior community football club.

Even the people that do return will struggle to enjoy the teams achievements with this thought at the back of their minds.

There's some things and decisions you make in life that should stick with you forever and this is one of them. It might not be his fault and something in his make up he can't help but he shouldn't be put in a position where he will be an idol for young girl supporters after what he's done.

33 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Nah he should never get a good job again in his life. Cant believe what I'm seeing. These clubs should be embarrassed signing Goodwillie/Thomson. Least the Edinburgh City fans have some decency and are gonna do something about it. The Clyde fans celebrated Goodwillie which was just horrible

100 percent disagree.

There's a difference between forgiving him and letting him back into society to play a part and lead a normal life, and giving him the privileged position of a footballer at a senior community football club.

Even the people that do return will struggle to enjoy the teams achievements with this thought at the back of their minds.

There's some things and decisions you make in life that should stick with you forever and this is one of them. It might not be his fault and something in his make up he can't help but he shouldn't be put in a position where he will be an idol for young girl supporters after what he's done.

Aye this is essentially what I feel but more eloquently put.

There is definitely a line to be drawn.

Take the Scottish swimmer (Wallace?) in court for drink driving this week. He has been punished by the court, and he has been punished by the governing body. He is now to be supported as he continues his training. Fine.

He has been punished, he has shown public remorse, and he can be considered to be fit for continuing with his sport, and by virtue of showing that remorse he can actually act as a positive role model to others.

A sexual crime it should be very obvious is an incredibly different matter. Any football club is replete with young children and as many people on here have articulated it is totally inappropriate to have a sexual criminal around them.

The guy is welcome to make his way back into society but I can't help but feel that he needs to find a new source of employment.

In my line of work (beancounting) I would be declared unfit to practice if I had a sexual conviction and I don't see why football should hold a lower moral threshold frankly.

5 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

All fans that want a voice heard and to discuss what we are going to do please inbox me and we can arrange a meet up(with pints) .

Only we can try and stop this happening. I'm not against the board, I don't have any personal gripes with anyone at the club but hopefully we can make them see a bit of common sense 

I reckon You'll have to reach out more than on here if you want a fans meet up bud. :o

Not every City fan will read p&b, in fact I'm sure it's just a tiny minority of the City support who will actually be on here :blink:

I reckon You'll have to reach out more than on here if you want a fans meet up bud. [emoji33]
Not every City fan will read p&b, in fact I'm sure it's just a tiny minority of the City support who will actually be on here :blink:

Actually had a few messages of support from people that aren't on here and I know there are board members on our side.