Edinburgh City

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I thought the term "yam" was only from hibs.net..... Nae prizes for guessing where your allegiances are :lol:

My profile gives that away, poppy thieves didn't suit the story. 8)

53 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Apparently the club are discussing it between themselves and we should hopefully hear something by Tommorow. 

Sorry to be apparent but that's all I've been told

45 minutes ago, Lordy said:

Paraded as a City player.  Deary me.    

So are you saying breakfast could be me last meal as a City fan, it's like being on death row. The last few days have been awful, I keep on thinking I'm having some sort of episode, I cannot for the life of me understand who in their right mind thinks this is in any way a good idea. So many families go along, I feel for the boy in the Evening News who had taken the strips to Bolivia. 'I love it at City it's great', ask him, his wife and three kids again if this goes through. They just don't seem to get it, they are going to lose so many fans and deter so many potential fans. Or the guy from Football Nation who has said this has been one of the best kit launches ever, sullied and ruined if this goes through. If I were CMC or Bakerfield the new shirt sponsors I would be ripping up the deal, saying that they must have run something as controversial as this by the sponsors already you would have thought, no? 

I can see Spartans smirking in the background having lost so much ground to City, they get it all back and more, all except the league status. If you are the Spartans charity who have the long term lease at Ainslie Park, I would be fuming to have tenant that actively employs sex offenders. The more you think about it the implications for the club are huge.

I'd be getting the lawyers in and I would say Max Clifford for the sh*tstorm that will be unleashed, but Max might be otherwise engaged for a while yet for quite apposite reasons.

Think Spud from Trainspotting - not worth keeping those bedsheets after that, just don't do the same to our club, I beg you. 

For all those who have written to the club anyone even had an acknowledgement? I am hoping that the club are working this through properly and maybe an acknowledgement is not possible as it would be an admission of even considering the signing in the first place.

Edited by CitizenSmith
typo

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Obviously I don't  having much knowledge about Edinburgh City but isn't he the manager, wouldn't he be the person that's picking who signs for the club? If he is then why would you feel for him?

I hazard a huge guess it was Jefferies. The only reason hearts let go of him was because the sponsors were pulling out 

10 minutes ago, CitizenSmith said:

So are you saying breakfast could be me last meal as a City fan, it's like being on death row. The last few days have been awful, I keep on thinking I'm having some sort of episode, I cannot for the life of me understand who in their right mind thinks this is in any way a good idea. So many families go along, I feel for the boy in the Evening News who had taken the strips to Bolivia. 'I love it at City it's great', ask him, his wife and three kids again if this goes through. They just don't seem to get it, they are going to lose so many fans and deter so many potential fans. Or the guy from Football Nation who has said this has been one of the best kit launches ever, sullied and ruined if this goes through. If I were CMC or Bakerfield the new shirt sponsors I would be ripping up the deal, saying that they must have run something as controversial as this by the sponsors already you would have thought, no? 

I can see Spartans smirking in the background having lost so much ground to City, they get it all back and more, all except the league status. I have was Spartans charity who have the long term lease at Ainslie Park, I would be fuming to have tenant that actively employs sex offenders. The more you think about it the implications for the club are huge.

I'd be getting the lawyers in and I would say Max Clifford for the sh*tstorm that will be unleashed, but Max might be otherwise engaged for a while yet for quite apposite reasons.

Think Spud from Trainspotting - not worth keeping those bedsheets after that, just don't do the same to our club, I beg you. 

For all those who have written to the club anyone even had an acknowledgement? I am hoping that the club are working this through properly and maybe an acknowledgement is not possible as it would be an admission of even considering the signing in the first place.

I have had an acknowledgement. The club will contact me personally via phone hopefully in the next couple of days . Let's hope this sideshow is all cleared up and forgotten about by then 

This story would suggest he is still on the sex offenders register and still a threat. 
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/disgraced-ex-hearts-player-craig-7172479

A couple of seasons ago Nitten played Blantyre in the Scottish cup. The match was close to being abandoned after Blantyre players were shouting at Thomson in the changing room corridor.

It's not speculation at all. If the board give it the green light and not listen  to the fans and the people that have been loyal to city for years then the lad is signing on the dotted line 

He is training with City with the view to signing with them. Why have City kept it quiet that he has been training with the club.

Ah, sorry lads, I didn't realise [emoji1303]

I've had no acknowledgement at all, the only thing close to it was the woman who emailed about season ticket renewals said she'd pass it on.

I think I said in a previous post I didn't really expect a reply due to the reasons you've outlined

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I've had no acknowledgement at all, the only thing close to it was the woman who emailed about season ticket renewals said she'd pass it on.

I think I said in a previous post I didn't really expect a reply due to the reasons you've outlined

It was football nation who acknowledged me not even the club. I've now sent a further two e mails to the people that deal with hospitality as they're the only e mail addresses I can get from anywhere so hopefully they forward it on to the right people. The club were meant to get in contact with me but still haven't about me requesting a refund on my season ticket IF Thomson signs. Don't bother phoning the club either as the number given is the one for the social club and the social club have said to me twice now they are nothing to do with the football club which I find baffling. They couldn't even provide me with any contact details for anybody either. To me it seems the club are being run by a clique who are reluctant to let supporters old and new have any say on anything at the club.  

2 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

It was football nation who acknowledged me not even the club. I've now sent a further two e mails to the people that deal with hospitality as they're the only e mail addresses I can get from anywhere so hopefully they forward it on to the right people. The club were meant to get in contact with me but still haven't about me requesting a refund on my season ticket IF Thomson signs. Don't bother phoning the club either as the number given is the one for the social club and the social club have said to me twice now they are nothing to do with the football club which I find baffling. They couldn't even provide me with any contact details for anybody either. To me it seems the club are being run by a clique who are reluctant to let supporters old and new have any say on anything at the club.  

I know most of them and they are all good people, which makes this whole situation all the more baffling.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

This purgatory where I don't know if I'm going to be able to go and watch City this season is driving me daft. Just tell me if we're signing a predatory sex pest or not!

I'm in the same boat mate. Normally I'd have been happy about signing a player like Ashley Grimes but it's all been overshadowed with the " are we signing Thomson or not" sideshow. I'd rather everybody knew what the craic was 

Thomson will be at training tomorrow and announced next week. Confirmed by 2 separate sources. At no point has anyone involved in the decision making at Edinburgh City even attempted to engage with a genuinely concerned support.

Good luck to all those trying to get a refund on their season tickets, I was lucky enough to have not bought mine yet. I'm considering going to one of the early away games and letting the chairman know my feelings as this abysmal, short sighted and damaging decision rests on his shoulders.

56 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Good luck to all those trying to get a refund on their season tickets, I was lucky enough to have not bought mine yet. I'm considering going to one of the early away games and letting the chairman know my feelings as this abysmal, short sighted and damaging decision rests on his shoulders.

If this is true then a fans committee (such as the Supporters Club or Trust) should be organising supporters to do this. Individual protests can be easily brushed aside but if fans organise themselves and stick together then you could have a loud voice over this. Sure, your club could be damaged by protesting and boycotting but it's the only way to be heard.