Edinburgh City

39 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

He was 18 and he was grooming children on the internet. I'm sure he does regret it and he should be allowed to rebuild his life but not as a footballer. It's a privilegd position (even at this level) and his actions must mean he has lost that privilege. I'm not asking for him to be hounded on the street, I'm asking my football club not to sign him and I'm not buying a season ticket as I don't want to contribute to his wages

I've already bought mine and the new shirt. I knew of the Thomson rumour a couple of weeks ago but thought it was just rumour and was just "speaking to the manager" 

Putting his vile past aside, I saw him a couple of times in the Juniors and he was a real standout, quite possibly the best player nationwide at that level. He's taken decent care of himself and was levels above everyone else in terms of both athleticism and ability. He'll be one of the best players in the league immediately and could probably step up as high as the Championship.

Still wouldn't want him at my club even if we were in the East of Scotland league.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

No one made a mistake in their life....??!.

Yes Edinburgh City FC and those who run the club if this is true. Sorry, but won't be back if he signs and will be asking for my season ticket money for both me and my son to be returned. Biggest own goal - doing so much good work, and in one swoop all undone. This isn't the City I know, sad day...

Edited by CitizenSmith

I'm not going to get into the argument of should be be given another chance or not (I believe he should but can see both sides) but there is no doubt as a player, he'll be a superb signing for Edinburgh and could make real difference for them.

Probably the second best player in the league after Goodwillie..........

Seems like certain fans are throwing the towel in at the slightest excuse not to go back after the excitement of the change from LL to SPFL. 

Typical I'm sure this well run club will still go on without them. :bairn

Based on the lads fitba ability I think many clubs may be looking on with envy.  :blink:

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye hundreds but I've accepted that some of them have long lasting, life changing consequences. Also I'm not sure grooming children counts as a mistake?!

One other thing is that (and I've searched) I can't find a genuine heartfelt apology from him? One that notes the distress he caused those kids and their families.

It's quite sad that you've searched for an apology to be honest bud :huh:

The club will go on regardless whether you are there or not,of that I'm sure. 

How long have you followed City? 

It's quite sad that you've searched for an apology to be honest bud :huh:
The club will go on regardless whether you are there or not,of that I'm sure. 
How long have you followed City? 

Yes it's sad that I took a few minutes to Google whether the club I have a season ticket for was signing someone who had showed remorse for his criminal acts or not.

Aye hands up only since I moved to Edinburgh a few years ago, not sure what difference that makes.

Seems like certain fans are throwing the towel in at the slightest excuse not to go back after the excitement of the change from LL to SPFL. 
Based on the lads fitba ability I think many clubs may be looking on with envy.  :blink:

He groomed and made several young kids do things on the internet, one as young as 12. Nobody, not one single person will be looking on enviously.

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

At the end of the day he plead guilty and admitted what he'd done. 

A well known Journalist locally has said he is signing albeit not made public. Someone who I will not name who is very close to Gary Jardine in a footballing perspective has told me twice when he has been in my workplace that Thomson was keen as mustard to sign for city. I wouldn't have put something like this on here without any substance.

I'm not surprised at all some won't want to watch city with Thomson at the club. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He groomed and made several young kids do things on the internet, one as young as 12. Nobody, not one single person will be looking on enviously.

So yer saying he's not good at fitba

then..... 

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Yes it's sad that I took a few minutes to Google whether the club I have a season ticket for was signing someone who had showed remorse for his criminal acts or not.

Aye hands up only since I moved to Edinburgh a few years ago, not sure what difference that makes.

I'm no defending the guy but surely you've got to trust the officials of ECFC many of whom are decent guys you'll have met with the decision on this one. 

Difference is the novelty of the jump from LL to SPFL is wearing off and this I'm no going back attitude reeks. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So yer saying he's not good at fitba

then..... 

I'm no defending the guy but surely you've got to trust the officials of ECFC many of whom are decent guys you'll have met with the decision on this one. 

Difference is the novelty of the jump from LL to SPFL is wearing off and this I'm no going back attitude reeks. 

Nothing to do with novelty at all. 

Where did I say he wasn't good at football?

Fwiw i hardly think he'll make that much of a difference to City, obviously probably one of the best options you guys could get for that area of the park but he's a right back who's been junior for 6 year. It's not even like it's the same as Goodwillie who should really bang in plenty for Clyde.

Read what he did and I don't know why you'd want someone like that at your football club.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Where did I say he wasn't good at football?

Fwiw i hardly think he'll make that much of a difference to City, obviously probably one of the best options you guys could get for that area of the park but he's a right back who's been junior for 6 year. It's not even like it's the same as Goodwillie who should really bang in plenty for Clyde.

Read what he did and I don't know why you'd want someone like that at your football club.

No my fitba club bud just stating the lad is a decent player and I'm sure many who have seen him play (have you?) might agree. 

No my fitba club bud just stating the lad is a decent player and I'm sure many who have seen him play (have you?) might agree. 

No doubt he's not just a decent player, he'll be a very good player, season changing though? Nut.

It seems like an unnecessary move for City I think. Atleast you can see why Clyde threw their morals out the window by signing Goodwillie, even if he is another player I wouldn't want playing for us.

I can assure you I was absolutely buzzing for the new season mate. I have made my choice that I do not wish to contribute to his wages, so whilst he is employed by City I will not be putting money into the club. Simple as that.