Edinburgh City

37 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Will Deeks be signing on for another season?

I hope so. He's still got goals in him. Pace has gone but played behind two strikers he's efficient enough. His goal to to game ratio for us is more than satisfying. I reckon we could get another season out of him. He did score a couple of crucial goals towards end of the season

Betfred fixtures are out

Home to Berwexit and Motherwell

Away to Queens Park and Morton on the 22ND and 29th of July respectively

I get to tick off seeing city play at hampden and one of the football grounds geeks favourite places in cappielow

Magic 

Edited by ecfcnorthfield

52 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Any news on season tickets? I know it was later than this last year but it would be good to get them available and start pushing then ASAP

Me and my pal have been on the beg about these for a couple of weeks now. We're probably being really impatient...........in fact we are impatient but it seems everyone else has had their prices out a while now whether they're ready to buy or not. Hibs and hearts have already sold over 22,500 season tickets between them. If we are going to try and attract some more support we need to release ours around the same time as our neighbours. We'll never get anywhere near the support they get but if we can catch the eye of 50-100 potentials then that'll be a great boost to our gates. With the club growing these people would even probably renew the year after. 

Our prices last season were the best value for money in the spfl.

Any news on the new kit as well please anyone? 

I think the speed that other clubs had their season tickets up for sale last year took our committee by surprise as I'm sure they were still debating the prices at the time. Not to sure why there has not been any announcements yet as I would have presumed status quo from last year with the same arrangements for purchasing them.

Regarding the new strips I would image FN would want a kit launch like they did last year and would expect something on social media regarding this.

1 hour ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

Excellent, a bright future ahead of him if he keeps working as hard as he did last season. I would love to see him back at City this season but it depends on his employers

32 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Not surprised. Belongs at a higher level. 

Cheers guys, finally a bit of good news for us.

Excellent, a bright future ahead of him if he keeps working as hard as he did last season. I would love to see him back at City this season but it depends on his employers

Sounding very positive. What sort of player is he? A no nonsense hardman type, or more of a modern centre-half?

Also, how do you actually pronounce his surname?

Porteous isn't exactly some new foreign name- rioters hanged one unlucky Captain Porteous in the Grassmarket in 1736....

I pronounce it Port-ee-oss myself. 

He's a good lad and not afraid to put a tackle in. Solid and cultured I suppose you'd say. 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Porteous isn't exactly some new foreign name- rioters hanged one unlucky Captain Porteous in the Grassmarket in 1736....

I pronounce it Port-ee-oss myself. 

He's a good lad and not afraid to put a tackle in. Solid and cultured I suppose you'd say. 

WIWAL there was a woman of that name living a couple of doors away. My mum always pronounced her name "Pour-chuss".

Edited by GordonD

Any truth in the story I heard about City only being able to use the stand side for games at Ainslie Park next season?

Stand side and the paved area behind the pavilion end goal. Apparently grass slopes can't be used for SPFL matches, but we're waiting for confirmation of this. All parts of the ground are ok for the Scottish Cup.

Stand side and the paved area behind the pavilion end goal. Apparently grass slopes can't be used for SPFL matches, but we're waiting for confirmation of this. All parts of the ground are ok for the Scottish Cup.

Any plans to get concrete on any of the grass banks?

1 hour ago, scrooge1928 said:

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Any plans to get concrete on any of the grass banks?

Surely that would be up to Spartans.