Edinburgh City

Marc Laird also signed up on a longer term deal.

Really positive sign to get our (arguably) 2 top players Laird and Walker on 2 year deals. Both could surely have gone up a level and certainly made more money. Need to get the defence in order now, Mbu and Porteous are huge losses.

He's already had knee surgery but has been advised it was going to 6 months to heal and decided to retire. I honestly hoped to get another season from the big man as he's been an emense signing for us.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/edinburgh-city/edinburgh-city-defender-joe-mbu-retires

1 minute ago, surely not! said:

His twitter feed, instagram, the Edinburgh evening news. Take your pick.

Well I've signed off of social media lately and for the foreseeable future so I'm a bit late then. 

THATS A HUGE LOSS

We need to make some signings immediately

Well I've signed off of social media lately and for the foreseeable future so I'm a bit late then. 
THATS A HUGE LOSS
We need to make some signings immediately

IMMEDIATLEY

BEHAVE YOURSELF

LONG TIME TIL SEASON KICKS OFF

1 minute ago, upfront said:

IMMEDIATLEY

BEHAVE YOURSELF

LONG TIME TIL SEASON KICKS OFF

Yeah true but I'd rather see a back four that has gelled before the season starts to be honest and don't particularly want to finish bottom of our betfred cup group. With no news on porteous(I might be late on that one again) and mbu retired we need a solid back four set in stone. Nobody wants to see us not  get a win in our first 10 games again so yes we do need to make a couple of signings

I'd rather use the cup competition as pre season friendlies as it's not realistic that City would qualify anyway. I would like to win games like everyone else but if Gary uses this to try new players or different team formation etc I could not give a hoot if we were bottom at the end of the group stage. Regarding the league I can't honestly see City starting the way they did last year as a team we are 12 months further on, more experienced players and know what to expect.

52 minutes ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

I'd rather use the cup competition as pre season friendlies as it's not realistic that City would qualify anyway. I would like to win games like everyone else but if Gary uses this to try new players or different team formation etc I could not give a hoot if we were bottom at the end of the group stage. Regarding the league I can't honestly see City starting the way they did last year as a team we are 12 months further on, more experienced players and know what to expect.

Fair point .

Heard mcfarland and Guthrie are off to Spartans?

5 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Love our cup draw

Motherwell

Morton

Berwick

Queens Park

Be nice to get a visit to hampden and I've always wanted to tick off Cappielow

you're more likely to get ticks off Cappielow... a har har har.... 

He actually looked like he reached full fitness on the 3rd last game of the season and played brilliantly, he then got taken off injured after half an hour of the second last. I was (overly) critical of him during the season but a player coach role makes sense and I think he can still have an impact on the pitch. His days of 90 minutes every week are long gone though.

Must be tough for Beattie as this seems to have been the way of it for the last 2-3 years for him at least.

Must be tough for Beattie as this seems to have been the way of it for the last 2-3 years for him at least.

Aye that was why I was a wee bit wary of signing him in the first place. Like I said I think the player/coach role is probably the right one for him.

Some good extensions for players I see. I agree with the post about Beattie last 2 or 3 games where he really was starting to show his worth but sadly injured again. Possibly player coach will be good but City lack options up front. Worrying that other clubs are way ahead signing wise and if the story about the 2 laddies going to Spartans is true then what about the rest. Those were the best of the rest and they probably want game time which they did not get enough of. Big Joe is a massive loss so hopefully Jeffries has some aces up his sleeve.

The Club is going through its second transition within a 12 month period with a new chairman in place who has already tied up to me key players in the process. I"m sure "the board" are talking to players both existing and potential targets like any other club but sometimes this can take time. I'm sure that these new targets have already been identified but may not necessarily be the same players that have already signed and paraded by other clubs.

I'm sure there will be news when the both parties are ready.