Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Berwick are arguably basically an Edinburgh team that play their home games in Northumbria. As such not having them around in the SPFL probably makes it marginally easier for Edinburgh City to put a stronger squad together, so I doubt that they'll be doing Berwick Rangers any favours.

I can remember in the past a lot of players used to move around from Berwick and Meadowbank. It probably would be an advantage for City getting Berwick out of the way as you say less competition for Edinburgh/Lothian based players.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Edinburgh have taken 7 points from games against us. A real bogey team.

Edinburgh - 7
Clyde - 3
Forfar - 4
Elgin - 1
Annan - 4
Montrose - 5
Berwick - 2
Stirling - 2
Cowdenbeath - 1

:(

On the bright side for you , you play Elgin who have taken just a point and Stirling who have taken 2!

Edinburgh City Fanzine Final Issue. The Centrefold.

Edinburgh City Fanzine Final Issue Centrefold.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Pages 8, 9, 10 and 11 of the City Fanzine will follow by the end of the week. It's just really boring everyday stuff you'd read in the Evening News any day of the week. Not worth waiting around for really.....

Congratulations on staying up! Was pleased to see your result on Saturday and the progress the club has made this year.

Meadowbank is one of the few grounds I haven't been to yet so I'm going to come along to the game on Saturday so I can get there before they pull it down. What's the best way of getting to the ground from the city centre/Waverley Station? Don't mind walking or getting a bus or whatever.
Looking forward to it and to getting a copy of the excellent fanzine too.

Congratulations on staying up! Was pleased to see your result on Saturday and the progress the club has made this year.

Meadowbank is one of the few grounds I haven't been to yet so I'm going to come along to the game on Saturday so I can get there before they pull it down. What's the best way of getting to the ground from the city centre/Waverley Station? Don't mind walking or getting a bus or whatever.

Leave Waverley by the Big Steps up to Princes St. Head east onto Waterloo Pl ie straight ahead past big station hotel heading away from centre. Waterloo Pl turns into London Rd eventually, lots of pubs here. Stadium wee bit further in past retail park. Maybe 25-30 mins walk in total. Quite scenic looking over to Arthur's Seat and Holyrood.

Lots of buses too. 44 or 26 quite frequent from Princes St. Few others besides. A bus with Tranent or Musselburgh on the board will be a good bet.

Enjoy your visit!

5 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Leave Waverley by the Big Steps up to Princes St. Head east onto Waterloo Pl ie straight ahead past big station hotel heading away from centre. Waterloo Pl turns into London Rd eventually, lots of pubs here. Stadium wee bit further in past retail park. Maybe 25-30 mins walk in total. Quite scenic looking over to Arthur's Seat and Holyrood.

Lots of buses too. 44 or 26 quite frequent from Princes St. Few others besides. A bus with Tranent or Musselburgh on the board will be a good bet.

Enjoy your visit!

nobody told you about Waverley's exit onto Calton Road then... saves a wee bit of time but doesn't have the escalators for the unfit. 

you can also re-enact the Trainspotting chase scene where Renton gets hit by a car under the Regent Bridge if that's your thing. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

nobody told you about Waverley's exit onto Calton Road then... saves a wee bit of time but doesn't have the escalators for the unfit. 

you can also re-enact the Trainspotting chase scene where Renton gets hit by a car under the Regent Bridge if that's your thing. 

Aye the back way is the best saves a bit 5-10 minutes, I always think about that Renton scene when I go under the bridge:lol:

My way was taking into account the needs of an infrequent visitor to our fine city. Ease of navigation. Scenery and landmarks via an avenue of parks and trees. Proximity to drinking establishments. The tour bus route but pretty direct with it.

"Custom designed for their needs" - as Mikey Forrester may say.

But aye crack on down some back roads past a couple of mini cab offices, a Hoover repair shop and a dodgy night club, remembering to avoid the bird poop under the railway arches if you want to save five minutes. Say hi to the Queen as you pass her back gate.

Bloody men and discussions about directions, honestly, what are we like.

6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Free Blobby biscuits (while stocks last) with the City Fanzine this week since it's the last ever game of football to be played at Meadowbank's Commonwealth Stadium.

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

My way was taking into account the needs of an infrequent visitor to our fine city. Ease of navigation. Scenery and landmarks via an avenue of parks and trees. Proximity to drinking establishments. The tour bus route but pretty direct with it.

"Custom designed for their needs" - as Mikey Forrester may say.

But aye crack on down some back roads past a couple of mini cab offices, a Hoover repair shop and a dodgy night club, remembering to avoid the bird poop under the railway arches if you want to save five minutes. Say hi to the Queen as you pass her back gate.

Bloody men and discussions about directions, honestly, what are we like.

The way I go is up Carton Road exiting just at the St James Centre, past the Playhouse then down London Road saves getting stuck in the crowds on Princes Street. Still see the avenue of parks and trees:P

An alternative is going out the main exit on Princes Street and then on to Regents Road and down that way. You can of course be a lazy barsteward and get the bus down:lol: