Edinburgh City

I hope this is some sort of sick joke.

Why on earth would you attend an away game with, and support, one of your own team's league rivals, whilst on holiday over here?

Are you aware your own team are playing ?

Because he's obviously wanting to go to one of Scotlands romantic hot spots with his Mrs, the Angus Riviera, for some Smokies and Wine beside the sea side.

with all this t'ing and froing I hope the 80s music obsessed announcer plays at t'Meadowbank on Saturday T'Pau

tpau.JPG.9a095d591d59585e76f2d7fe6b01f01d.JPG

now, this is t'old pic of t'lovely Carole but despite looking a bit like t'Rosie Kane these days I still t'bloody wid! :wub: (t'strumpets of old t'hread for this t'pish!)

8 hours ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

I hope this is some sort of sick joke.

Why on earth would you attend an away game with, and support, one of your own team's league rivals, whilst on holiday over here?

Are you aware your own team are playing ?

I have the missus to contend with unfortunately. Obviously I'd rather go see the Dream Team (and I would've dragged her down to Shielfield if there was a home game that weekend), but a supporters bus running would from Edinburgh to a footy match is too convenient to pass up and fits in our schedule. Arbroath is a nicer away day than Annan, and the gf wants to go seabird spotting so I can just drop her in the harbour and raid the pie stand in peace.

City's fans seem like a good bunch, but no one said anything about supporting either Edinburgh or Arbroath.

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite a few old Thistle fans seemed to end up as directors of City Mr B.

And given what a bunch of wasters they were when I knew them, I'm surprised the club hasn't folded long ago!

18 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

City Fanzine Issue Eighteen for Saturday 8 April - Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath at Meadowbank Stadium Kick-Off 3.00pm. Back and Front Cover. "The Day They Embarrassed Mr Blobby" and "The Team of Everlasting Shame".

Go Tell The Spartans FC Front Cover Year One Issue Eighteen.jpg

Surely not as bad as that?  I have not been to a few matches recently but my friends who have tell me there is still no selection consistency?  I am also assured that Antel was not at fault with any of the 3 goals so I wonder what your game is? City are struggling to score goals and yet 2 players who have recently scored 2 each are not starting. I would have to question the management strategy and what is Jeffries doing in the background

Lesley Gair contacted me yesterday with the happy news; there's 9 reservations so far towards a bus with 19 seats. The club is kind enough to chip in a hundred pounds if the bus can't be filled, but all in all, one seat should only cost 15 quid. 

Reserve your spot if you haven't already by sending Lesley a mail at l.gair@hw.ac.uk and we should have a cracking away day just before Easter.

Speaking of losing SPFL status...

Edinburgh, Cowdenbeath and Cumbernauld aren't known for their northerly location so what happens if whoever finishes bottom of the table then loses the playoff to a Highland League side? Surely there wouldn't be a straight swap, as happened with City and the Shire, but there would be an extra team in the Lowland League and one short in the Highland. If Montrose had lost to Brora Rangers last season putting them in the Highland League wouldn't have been too much of a stretch but a club from the central belt would be a logistical nightmare.

12 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Speaking of losing SPFL status...

Edinburgh, Cowdenbeath and Cumbernauld aren't known for their northerly location so what happens if whoever finishes bottom of the table then loses the playoff to a Highland League side? Surely there wouldn't be a straight swap, as happened with City and the Shire, but there would be an extra team in the Lowland League and one short in the Highland. If Montrose had lost to Brora Rangers last season putting them in the Highland League wouldn't have been too much of a stretch but a club from the central belt would be a logistical nightmare.

the cut off point is the River Tay and I believe the LL always has the option of kicking out the bottom club to the East of Scotland League to balance the numbers

5 hours ago, footiespy said:

Surely not as bad as that?  I have not been to a few matches recently but my friends who have tell me there is still no selection consistency?  I am also assured that Antel was not at fault with any of the 3 goals so I wonder what your game is? City are struggling to score goals and yet 2 players who have recently scored 2 each are not starting. I would have to question the management strategy and what is Jeffries doing in the background

Should start with Allan Beattie & Riordan (if fit) upfront tomorrow, goals win games.  

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And the 3 of them have a total of 7 goals between them in over 2000 minutes of football this season..

Harsh on Riordan considering he has just signed and got 2 goals and 1 assist so far, f*** it, Riordan needs to start the morn before Beattie.  

Looks like it's going to be a cracking day for football. As the Dons not playing until tomorrow going to head along to this. Neither team can afford to lose today which makes me think this might end up a draw. 

8 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

City Fanzine Issue Eighteen for Saturday 8 April - Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath at Meadowbank Stadium Kick-Off 3.00pm. The East of Scotland Cup Final and East Kilbride are crowned Champions. :thumsup2 Oh! and Montrose and Spartans had great pies!

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue Eighteen .png

I feel that you have massively overrated Montrose's pies. After my first bite, I had to drain a shot glass of grease out of it. 4/10 at best.

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Looks like it's going to be a cracking day for football. As the Dons not playing until tomorrow going to head along to this. Neither team can afford to lose today which makes me think this might end up a draw. 

We are set up to not get humped and also won't dish out humpings. If we played each other 10 times, 8 or 9 of them would be very close.

fair chance of a draw.

Last minute equalisers always feel like a defeat but no danger did we deserve to win that (not really sure Cowden did either tbh). Proper lost the plot at Beattie for not closing down at the end but in his defence his race was run, no way should be have still been on the park.

21 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Last minute equalisers always feel like a defeat but no danger did we deserve to win that (not really sure Cowden did either tbh). Proper lost the plot at Beattie for not closing down at the end but in his defence his race was run, no way should be have still been on the park.

That was quite the seethe you had going on there! 

Agreed Allan should have stayed on the park, Beattie's was done long before the end. 

Whilst we were the better side in the second half same couldn't be said of the first half, Cowden should been at least level. The park is difficult at this time of the season and both sides struggled on it today.