Edinburgh City

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If Football was played on paper would Alloa's ground be The And-recs and players called up for Scotland would get a Foolscap, ...

And you'd play an A4-4-2 formation.

18 hours ago, GordonD said:

And you'd play an A4-4-2 formation.

Probably A5-4-1 in our case. :offtopic 

We have to remember that it's the mighty Berwick Rangers coming to town on Saturday and a certain giant of a man called Big John Coughlin (Hallelujah!) says he'll be looking for a win. 

What do Edinburgh City fans/opposition fans refer to their club as for short? Edinburgh? City? The City? Burgh? The Citizens?

This has been bugging me all season by the way. I just thought it was too stupid a question to ask publicly. But, f**k it, it's genuinely pissing me aff.

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What do Edinburgh City fans/opposition fans refer to their club as for short? Edinburgh? City? The City? Burgh? The Citizens?

This has been bugging me all season by the way. I just thought it was too stupid a question to ask publicly. But, f**k it, it's genuinely pissing me aff.

why oh why does everyone refer to Greenock Morton as "Morton" or "The 'Ton". I for one never use your teams full title when referring to them, Suppose must be nicknames or shortened version of their name. Must be seriously annoying that!!...

Yes it is too stupid.

Cheers

1 minute ago, OZMO said:

why oh why does everyone refer to Greenock Morton as "Morton" or "The 'Ton". I for one never use your teams full title when referring to them, Suppose must be nicknames or shortened version of their name. Must be seriously annoying that!!...

Yes it is too stupid.

Cheers

You've really misunderstood the question haven't you?

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just 'City'.  

Not a stupid question. As Mocochinchi says, we just use 'City'. Everyone in the Lowland League used that; but in the SPFL there are people who say 'Edinburgh', which annoys us because 'Edinburgh' is a bleeding rugby team. Edinburgh University players and supporters call their side 'Edinburgh', though, and I can't remember what Edinburgh United supporters use.

'Lilywhites' and 'Citizens' are journalist-type nicknames which probably no supporter has used since the 1930s. 'Burgh' is Musselburgh Athletic, not heard it used by an Edinburgh team.

15 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

for most of my years of supporting City I tended to call them "a bunch of bone idle shagbags". 

I hope this helps. 

That's Fox resigned from Cowdenbeath, their squad isn't that bad and if they get a competent manager in place quickly they can still reel us in. Don't fancy our chances on Saturday but if we can beat Berwick in the rearranged game and nick a win away at Clyde I'll sleep a lot sounder.

23 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

That's Fox resigned from Cowdenbeath, their squad isn't that bad and if they get a competent manager in place quickly they can still reel us in. Don't fancy our chances on Saturday but if we can beat Berwick in the rearranged game and nick a win away at Clyde I'll sleep a lot sounder.

Forfar were not great at Clyde on Saturday so would not totally write off the game this weekend. Agree that Cowdenbeath changing manager means City are going to have to win another couple at least to be safe.

Forfar were not great at Clyde on Saturday so would not totally write off the game this weekend. Agree that Cowdenbeath changing manager means City are going to have to win another couple at least to be safe.

Fucking right you won't.

Go and smash they fermers.

On 03/03/2017 at 20:36, Mr Blobby said:

Page 4 & 9 for the City Fanzine Saturday 4 March at Meadowbank Stadium KO 3pm. Edinburgh City v Berwick Rangers. The Joke pages :lol:

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue Sixteen.jpg

Jeez. Bring back The Absolute Game.

Don't forget we have already went up to Forfar and won so keep the faith. Still a lot of points to be played for and for me it's all about what City do until the end of the season.

It doesn't get much better in the next Issue of Go Tell The Spartans either. Cowdenbeath's ex-manager Liam Fox, in an interview with our roving reporter Dougie Golightly said (in an exclusive for the City Fanzine) "I knew the writing was on the wall when Mr Bloody Blobby turned up at Central Park the other night there signing 'New York, New York it's a beautiful town' but I decided to do it my way instead and get the hell on out of here. Mr Bloody Blobby is a jinx! No League 2 manager is safe with him on the prowl. I think Mr Blobby is going to Forfar on Saturday and all I'm saying is that if  the Station Park manager Gary Bollan hears Mr Bloody Blobby signing 'Last train to Clarksville', then tell him his time is up and I'll be waiting for him at the station."
58be24b169553_MrBlobbygoestoCowdenbeath.thumb.jpg.d6529f45d198e43676a1766183601992.jpg

It's quite far to the station though he'll need a lift.