Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, TheGoon said:

City fans. Ousman See, talk to me.

So anyway, Ouzy has come on leaps and bounds. In the games earlier on in the season, Ouzy played up front with Craig Beattie in a 4-4-2 formation with Marc Laird tucked in nicely behind them and pushing the game forward. Invariably Beattie started the game on the left with Ouzy on the right but in the second half of most of the games - that I watched - Beattie and Ouzy switched positions with Ouzy ending up attacking from the left and Beattie coming in from the right. Don't know if this was a tactical decision on the part of the manager Gary Jardine or if the players just drifted into those positions but that's the way I saw it as the games played out. (The tactic seemed to catch a few away teams out especially when the long balls came over the top from Sean Harrison right to the feet of Ouzy bearing down on goal)

Here's a picture of Ouzy picking up that yellow card in the match v Arbroath on 1st October at Meadowbank

Go Tell The Spartans FC Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Eleven  (2).jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

So anyway, Ouzy has come on leaps and bounds. In the games earlier on in the season, Ouzy played up front with Craig Beattie in a 4-4-2 formation with Marc Laird tucked in nicely behind them and pushing the game forward. Invariably Beattie started the game on the left with Ouzy on the right but in the second half of most of the games - that I watched - Beattie and Ouzy switched positions with Ouzy ending up attacking from the left and Beattie coming in from the right. Don't know if this was a tactical decision on the part of the manager Gary Jardine or if the players just drifted into those positions but that's the way I saw it as the games played out. (The tactic seemed to catch a few away teams out especially when the long balls came over the top from Sean Harrison right to the feet of Ouzy bearing down on goal)

Here's a picture of Ouzy picking up that yellow card in the match v Arbroath on 1st October at Meadowbank

Go Tell The Spartans FC Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Eleven  (2).jpg

Thanks for the insight. Appreciated! 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Thanks for the insight. Appreciated! 

Hope we haven't sold Ouzy too well for you. We would like to keep him actually... and Ouzy does like to read the City Fanzine, so unless you have something similar at Cappielow, I don't think he'll take the gamble moving way out west.

Whilst normally I'd see a move to full time football for one of our players as a real feather in the cap for the club and the coaching team on this occasion maybe not so much.

Huge risk in my book if we let See go in January with such an important few months in the club's history to come. If Ouzy is to go I'm sure the queue will be that wee bit longer come the end of the season, and we can take whatever compensation is due. 

Unless he gets a full time offer I reckon he would be better served sticking with City, absolutely no point moving to another part time club.

Whilst normally I'd see a move to full time football for one of our players as a real feather in the cap for the club and the coaching team on this occasion maybe not so much.
Huge risk in my book if we let See go in January with such an important few months in the club's history to come. If Ouzy is to go I'm sure the queue will be that wee bit longer come the end of the season, and we can take whatever compensation is due. 
Unless he gets a full time offer I reckon he would be better served sticking with City, absolutely no point moving to another part time club.

Apart from maybe getting a lot more money?

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Apart from maybe getting a lot more money?

Yeah that and spending 3 hours plus travelling to and from training twice a week. Depends what floats your boat I suppose. 

Also for a young local lad the coverage he gets in Edinburgh must be a boost for him not quite the same effect if it were a few square inches in the Arbroath Courier or whatever it is. 

Yeah that and spending 3 hours plus travelling to and from training twice a week. Depends what floats your boat I suppose. 
Also for a young local lad the coverage he gets in Edinburgh must be a boost for him not quite the same effect if it were a few square inches in the Arbroath Courier or whatever it is. 

^^shitting himself because he knows See won't be able to resist the maroon pound

That last paragraph.... :lol:

In what way? Nobody outside Edinburgh reads those papers in the same way nobody outside Tayside and Fife reads the courier???

Still not stopped the load of players we've had move to FT football.

As for the travelling If he's an Edinburgh lad he'll not be doing any of that unless he ends up further north than Aberdeen most clubs train in the central belt including ourselves and we've got a good few Edinburgh lads. Money's the reason PT players move all the time, an extra 100/150/200/250 a week or whatever all adds up throughout the year.

I understand it'll be hard coming up into the SPFL and being a smaller fish instead of the LL and having your players getting more exposure and chased by FT and other PT clubs but they 2 points you've made there are pretty naive and silly tbf.

Speaking of smaller fish. I'd be well pissed off if Ousman See goes to Morton or any of the Angus clubs. Just when we've got a new song lined up for Ouzy.

Tbf I can't see him ending up anywhere near any of the Angus clubs I was only picking up on the 'there's absolutely no point moving to another PT club' comment. Of course there is, why PT players make moves all the time!!

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf I can't see him ending up anywhere near any of the Angus clubs I was only picking up on the 'there's absolutely no point moving to another PT club' comment. Of course there is, why PT players make moves all the time!!

It was in the Scottish Sun today. So it must be true. "....League 2 rivals Arbroath and Forfar also known admirers...."

Edited by Mr Blobby

In was in the Scottish Sun today. So it must be true. "....League 2 rivals Arbroath and Forfar also known admirers...."

Aye? Honestly never knew that and I don't know if you're taking the piss or not but maybe some truth in it after all? Be perfectly happy with that. Sure he'll have plenty of suitors though.

Maybe big Andy Munros had a word with Bollan and maybe Davie Golds had a word with DC. ;)

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye? Honestly never knew that and I don't know if you're taking the piss or not but maybe some truth in it after all? Be perfectly happy with that. Sure he'll have plenty of suitors though.

Maybe big Andy Munros had a word with Bollan and maybe Davie Golds had a word with DC. ;)

Here's the fuller article from the Sun. It's on Page 51. Ton join chase for Ousman by Jim Scott. "Edinburgh City face a battle to hold on to Ousman see in the transfer window. Championship side Morton are the latest club to show an interest in the 22-year-old striker.  See joined The Citizens in 2015 from Lowland League outfit Selkirk. He has scored 7 goals for the SPFL new boys this season, with League 2 rivals Forfar and Arbroath also known admirers. See is under contract with City until the end of next season and manager Gary Jardine is keen to hold on to him. He said, 'Ouzy has done well for us in senior football and he is definitely in my plans for the second half of the season.'  Arbroath boss Dick Campbell is looking to bolster his side's push for promotion to League 1 by securing the services of on-loan Dundee striker Josh Skelly until the end of the season. His loan deal ends next month.........."

Edited by Mr Blobby

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Self preservation on Munro's part as Ouzy has ripped him a new one on more than one occasion already this season.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That last paragraph.... :lol:

In what way? Nobody outside Edinburgh reads those papers in the same way nobody outside Tayside and Fife reads the courier???

Still not stopped the load of players we've had move to FT football.

As for the travelling If he's an Edinburgh lad he'll not be doing any of that unless he ends up further north than Aberdeen most clubs train in the central belt including ourselves and we've got a good few Edinburgh lads. Money's the reason PT players move all the time, an extra 100/150/200/250 a week or whatever all adds up throughout the year.

I understand it'll be hard coming up into the SPFL and being a smaller fish instead of the LL and having your players getting more exposure and chased by FT and other PT clubs but they 2 points you've made there are pretty naive and silly tbf.

Not naive enough to think that money doesn't talk the point I was trying to make is there are other factors like travelling that a local player will take into account if offers are not too far apart. Tbf Ouzy might not be the best example, has always gone where the money is not that it did him any good, until we saved him from the worthless piece of paper that is a Selkirk contract! 

We actually paid a transfer fee for him you'd laugh at the amount as we were never big payers in even LL terms, as one player said to me you don't come to City for the money.

There will always be players that only look at the money before making a decision some will take other factors into account. I know which ones I'd rather have at my club.

2 minutes ago, upfront said:

Are you part of the club Mr Blobby?
As far as im aware you only started attending games at the start of the season
You seem to know a lot about nothing

I've got Edinburgh City programmes from 2007.....

Edited by Mr Blobby

5 minutes ago, upfront said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxzxx

Here's the Citizen programme from one of the first Edinburgh City games that I attended in 2007 v East Stirlingshire in the Scottish Cup. I filmed some of them too on my Panasonic Camcorder in those days. I think City played Celtic U20s that year too in a friendly, Seem to remember one of their black players sitting in front of us in the stand with his wife. I think he was Dutch or something.

Ruairidh McArthur did the Citizen programmes in those days. He produced the one for our Meadowbank reunion in 2007 as well. That's how it all came about when I got involved in Meadowbank again. Those programmes were a 'reet good read'.

img065.jpg

26 minutes ago, upfront said:

Are you part of the club Mr Blobby?
As far as im aware you only started attending games at the start of the season
You seem to know a lot about nothing

Don't really see the problem if Mr B is a "new" fan, after all isn't that the point of them going up to the SPFL trying to attract new fans.

Edited to add just seen his post above!

Edited by cowdenbeath