Edinburgh City

12 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Cheers for the info ecfcnorthfield. I've not been along to watch he U20s but going by results the club needed to do something. I do feel for those released but football is like that sometimes.

Delighted to see us hold on to 7th place after yesterday's run of fixtures. Goodness me it's tight though.

No prob. I'm not part of the club just a fan but as I said I've seen the under 20s this season and I'll say no more on that matter lol. Wrong players recruited in my opinion. As for being 7th at Xmas I'd have bitten someone's arm off to be in this position after that horror start to the season. I can only see the club going forward 

The Daily Record is reporting today that City want to sign former Aberdeen midfielder Josh Walker. Does anyone know any more about this?

Is that the same Josh Walker that was on loan at Bournemouth for a month or two from Middlesbrough....maybe about 2008(ish)??

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Is that the same Josh Walker that was on loan at Bournemouth for a month or two from Middlesbrough....maybe about 2008(ish)??

Yep 

Currently at Begaluru fc in the Indian premier league

Would love to know who our asian sub-continent scout is as I want their job big time 

5 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Yep 

Currently at Begaluru fc in the Indian premier league

Would love to know who our asian sub-continent scout is as I want their job big time 

More likely back in the UK rather than City sending a scout to India:lol: the boy has had some amount of clubs!

He's like Osman Sow, genuinely, guy from Hearts. Although I'd say he's definitely not good enough for FT football yet.

This sort of stuff always interests me. Essentially all part time players train for about 3 hours a week or so ( give it take warm up time). Any player going full time would get access to that amount of training daily. Improvements would be exponential IMO. Surprised there aren't more part time players attracting full time teams attention.

11 minutes ago, surely not! said:

This sort of stuff always interests me. Essentially all part time players train for about 3 hours a week or so ( give it take warm up time). Any player going full time would get access to that amount of training daily. Improvements would be exponential IMO. Surprised there aren't more part time players attracting full time teams attention.

Not really.

to attract full time interest you would need to be a top part timer.

Surely that's 200-300 or occasionally more per week for 2 nights and a Saturday. If the player has a job getting 400- 500 there aren't many clubs will pay much more than those 2 wages combined plus it's a big risk for the player giving up his job.

Changes from player to player. World of difference between the guy late in his footballing career, earning high wages outside of football and on a progressive career path and the former pro youth player with f**k all qualifications, and either working a low wage dead end job they hate or out of employment completely.

Not really.

to attract full time interest you would need to be a top part timer.

Surely that's 200-300 or occasionally more per week for 2 nights and a Saturday. If the player has a job getting 400- 500 there aren't many clubs will pay much more than those 2 wages combined plus it's a big risk for the player giving up his job.

The post I was replying to stated that he wasn't ready for full time football. Not that he had a job that meant it wasn't worth the risk.

I take your point but what I'm suggesting is that there are many (mostly young) players in the part time game who would massively benefit from being able to train full time and would no doubt be able to be effective at that level.

The post I was replying to stated that he wasn't ready for full time football. Not that he had a job that meant it wasn't worth the risk.
I take your point but what I'm suggesting is that there are many (mostly young) players in the part time game who would massively benefit from being able to train full time and would no doubt be able to be effective at that level.

Of course there are but I don't think See is one of them. Nowhere near as good as the likes of Austin or Murray from the last couple of years in this division, or even Doris/Swankie etc from years gone by. Sure there's plenty more examples too, I think he's a very decent player but next step for him is a better L2/L1 team. Not ready for such a big jump IMO.

City fans. Ousman See, talk to me.

He caused Livingston problems when we played them in the cup (the only one of our lot to do so) and scored a lovely goal against East Fife at Bayview so on the scant evidence available he looks like he could do a job in L1.

His all round game is actually really good, his pace in behind has been the source of most of his goals but he's good in the air and protects the ball well. If he stays fit/at the club I think he'll score enough goals to keep us off the bottom.

Interesting point from someone about how he'd develop with training full time, not saying he's ready for full time football at all but there is a lot of talent there to develop.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

City fans. Ousman See, talk to me.

Here's the player profile low down on Ousman See from the City Fanzine. (As of 10th December. He's featured in other games since then)

His nickname 'Ouzy' is pronounced as in 'oozing' class and not 'Ozzy' as in Ozzie Ardiles.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Eleven (2).png

3 hours ago, surely not! said:

You're right, more chance of a young player with less to lose making the jump. From what I've seen he's a handful who gets plenty chances, though the highlights I've seen he misses plenty but City fans will know better.(away to Forfar comes to mind)

whether he's able to make the step is hard to tell. We had Greg spence last season and he scored plenty for us In The league above and he's still at a part time team this season (Alloa). I genuinely feel he would struggle against full time defenders so thought Alloa was a good move for him.

Edited by big al