Edinburgh City

I cannot see how after the struggle Meadowbank had to attract support how decades later with all the other attractions computer games etc it will be any different this time.

Depends what you mean by "struggle". From having virtually no fans as Ferranti, their overall average in SFL was 511, with 14 of 21 seasons between 400-odd and 600-odd.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It wouldn't be hard to have a bigger home crowd than East Stirling. They had about 35 when we played them recently at Ochilview.

Haha. 

Correct attendance figures posted by 1320Lichtie below.

Edited by lowenan

Haha.

I found these average attendance figures:

1 East Fife 742

2 Elgin City 736

3 Clyde 717

4 Stirling Albion 617

5 Arbroath 596

6 Montrose 585

7 Queens Park 518

8 Berwick Rangers 458

9 Annan Athletic 450

10 East Stirlingshire 325

Incorrect. Our average last season was 651.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

post-14721-14648159681228_thumb.jpg

Eta: Elgins 35% increase is quite phenomenal tbh. Wonder if they'll keep that up if they don't do as well this season...

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Depends where those averages have came from. If it's the press then probably inaccurate. Some games at Broadwood they just guessed rather than asking the guy on the main door. Probably happened at most teams.

Just the official ones published by the clubs.

The drop in Cowdens crowds despite having Dunfermline in the league are absolutely insane. Shows you the amount of cash clubs like Dumbarton and Alloa will have been making by spending a pro longed period in the championship the last few year. Prize money plus crowds. Think Alloas business so far even though they've been relegated shows just how much a good run can do for you in that league. Same with Dumbarton, their signings for being a part time team are superb.

Could've been us. Big b*****d Stephen Grindlay.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464815963.467579.jpg

Eta: Elgins 35% increase is quite phenomenal tbh. Wonder if they'll keep that up if they don't do as well this season...

Thank you. Got the numbers from this site:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotthree/attendances

Thank you. Got the numbers from this site:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotthree/attendances

Yeah there's something not right with that it can't have been updated in a while. Our home maximum attendance is showing as 683 even though we've had 2 Montrose games at home at nearly double that and off the top of my head more at the EF games too.

The site I've linked is a belter. Updates every round of fixtures. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Edinburgh city with 128 are way way off Annan, currently 2nd bottom with 447 as it stands.

Eta. A round being 9 games

Edited by 1320Lichtie

As someone who may have had some disagreements with Tam The Bam over the years I would firstly like to wish Edin City all the best for next season.

And as a further opinion on their support and what they may being to their division etc folk need to calm down

Edin City will now get the chance to establish what Spartans craved, the chance to be CONSIDERED Edinburghs third team.

It's not the club themselves " but others" who will decide on this.

What many may disregard is that once Edin City reach the level they have the infrastructure they then need to survive at that new level is INCREDIBLE!!!

Let's give the club and the individuals who have driven them the chance to prove that they are deserving of it and that people will support them.

If after time if doesn't work ........then come on here and battery them.

But give the chance first!!!!!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464815963.467579.jpg

Didn't realise Elgin's crowds had increased so much. Mind you, their home record plus being involved in a genuine title challenge (with the 'big' games that brings) for the first time can't have hurt. 4th highest average in the lower two leagues and they don't even have a derby to give them a boost. Impressive.

2nd biggest average attendance in the league despite being absolutely shite?imagine the attendances if we were playing The Arbroath Way.

Thanks for this. Just need Montrose & Forfar now.

Edinburgh and its surrounding area beyond the big two isn't a great football region IMO. Outwith Hearts and Hibs, what do you have, Livi who can barely attract 1k in a town of nearly 60,000? Thens it down to Junior mobs, non-league etc.

Suppose you could just about lump Dunfermline into the surrounding area.

Didn't realise Elgin's crowds had increased so much. Mind you, their home record plus being involved in a genuine title challenge (with the 'big' games that brings) for the first time can't have hurt. 4th highest average in the lower two leagues and they don't even have a derby to give them a boost. Impressive.

Also had an exciting team on the park which would've helped. It's a decent sized town with a bit of potential. Population just under 23,000. Dunno if they'll manage to maintain that but would be good if they could.

Also had an exciting team on the park which would've helped. It's a decent sized town with a bit of potential. Population just under 23,000. Dunno if they'll manage to maintain that but would be good if they could.

I've posted this before but a successful Elgin side could draw decent crowds.  I'm not surprised they've got bigger crowds than most sides in this division having had a good side.  I assume that if East Fife hadn't won the title and got a couple of full houses along the way they'd have had more fans than them.  Historically Elgin were one of the most successful and best supported Highland LEague sides, they've been very poorly run for a long time, since before stepping up into the SFL, though so their support has probably wilted a bit.

Meadowbank is by far the worst place I've ever watched football.  An absolute dump of a ground.

I've posted this before but a successful Elgin side could draw decent crowds. I'm not surprised they've got bigger crowds than most sides in this division having had a good side. I assume that if East Fife hadn't won the title and got a couple of full houses along the way they'd have had more fans than them. Historically Elgin were one of the most successful and best supported Highland LEague sides, they've been very poorly run for a long time, since before stepping up into the SFL, though so their support has probably wilted a bit.

Meadowbank is by far the worst place I've ever watched football. An absolute dump of a ground.

Elgin got more than EF and topped the attendance league Chris.

post-14721-14648483474995_thumb.jpg

Great average. Although I'm not sure how they would hold up if they were to have a season like the one we've just had next season.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

As someone who may have had some disagreements with Tam The Bam over the years I would firstly like to wish Edin City all the best for next season.

And as a further opinion on their support and what they may being to their division etc folk need to calm down

Edin City will now get the chance to establish what Spartans craved, the chance to be CONSIDERED Edinburghs third team.

It's not the club themselves " but others" who will decide on this.

What many may disregard is that once Edin City reach the level they have the infrastructure they then need to survive at that new level is INCREDIBLE!!!

Let's give the club and the individuals who have driven them the chance to prove that they are deserving of it and that people will support them.

If after time if doesn't work ........then come on here and battery them.

But give the chance first!!!!!!

Don't think that's what's happening here to be fair. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can make progress as a club personally.

Depends what you mean by "struggle". From having virtually no fans as Ferranti, their overall average in SFL was 511, with 14 of 21 seasons between 400-odd and 600-odd.

Yup. That's what i mean a carbon copy of Thistle.Im not criticising but hoping to be spared any guff about a "third force in Edinburgh" etc etc.It did occur to me if Spartans managed it we could have four league sides in Edinburgh...

Don't think that's what's happening here to be fair. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can make progress as a club personally.

From memory, Elgin's crowds have always been fairly 'respectable' at least and in their time in L2, they've had quite a few seasons like Arbroath just had, to be fair to them.

It's interesting that Elgin had a higher average the Peterhead. It's also interesting that the two highest attendance (even though Arbroath were pish) were clubs that had proper football grounds. Could be something in that. Whereas, East Fife, Stirling and Clyde who are all more central and certainly traditionally bigger clubs than Elgin and about equal to Arbroath got lower crowds in lego brick stadiums.

Edited by Gordon EF

From memory, Elgin's crowds have always been fairly 'respectable' at least and in their time in L2, they've had quite a few seasons like Arbroath just had, to be fair to them.

It's interesting that Elgin had a higher average the Peterhead. It's also interesting that the two highest attendance (even though Arbroath were absolutefucking dug shite with an absolute riddy of a manager and assistant) were clubs that had proper football grounds. Could be something in that. Whereas, East Fife, Stirling and Clyde who are all more central and certainly traditionally bigger clubs than Elgin and about equal to Arbroath got lower crowds in lego brick stadiums.

Ftfy