Edinburgh City

City have announced season ticket prices for next season. £120 for adults, £60 for U18/concessions and £20 for U12s. Not seen anything on walk up prices yet.

Must be the cheapest season tickets in League 2. Works out at Â£6.66 per League game very good value imo. Stirling Albion charge £170 for a season ticket. which works out at £9.44 per game. Walk up price is £13. Most League 2 clubs charge £12, with the Albion and Arbroath charging £13. Annan and Elgin charged £10 for an adult last year don`t know if they are putting up the price next season.

Hope they are successful in boosting the crowd at Meadowbank, might encourage neutrals to come along if say they charge say a tenner for adults.

City have announced season ticket prices for next season. £120 for adults, £60 for U18/concessions and £20 for U12s. Not seen anything on walk up prices yet.

Awesome pricing in an attempt to attract people along, well done them. I think everyone knows a large chunk of Edinburgh's support will be made up Hearts & HIbs fans coming along on their weekends off so this could entice them to buy a season ticket which guarantees income. It also rewards the genuine fans who have stuck by the club during the EoS days and the Lowland League.

Do the under 18s need to be accompanied or have the got rid of that rule?

Think their average as you say worked out at 128 or so for League games. I have a few of their programmes from this season and there is quite a few double figure crowds.

This.

City should do what Gateshead do, bang in the middle between Newcastle and Sunderland fans of both these clubs with season tickets get into games for £10 compared to the normal £15 walk up. If City done the same for Hibs/Hearts fans they might get a few folk along who don't watch their team away from home.

That's a great idea. If I was a Hibs or Hearts fan I'd go to a few games a season if that was the case. I do something similar and go and see Larkhall Thistle in the juniors if Clyde are miles away and I'm off work, think it's £4 to get in and usually get to see a few goals and boxing matches in amongst the horrible level of football!

Alloa Athletic ball boy of the year 2009/10.

48 posts in and no sign of a single Edinburgh city fan.

I'm sure that will replicate the meadowbank experience too.

Diddies!

The Meadowbank support was ok by lower league standards. Dropped off latterly when the club was being deliberately run down to prepare for Livingston. Lots of the diehards were banned by that point too. City have their own hardcore support and if they can consolidate in the league over the next few years the fan base will grow.

Great news to get those 3 signed. They'll need a few with league experience too.

Edited by Waspie

Must be the cheapest season tickets in League 2. Works out at £6.66 per League game very good value imo. Stirling Albion charge £170 for a season ticket. which works out at £9.44 per game. Walk up price is £13. Most League 2 clubs charge £12, with the Albion and Arbroath charging £13. Annan and Elgin charged £10 for an adult last year don`t know if they are putting up the price next season.

Hope they are successful in boosting the crowd at Meadowbank, might encourage neutrals to come along if say they charge say a tenner for adults.

Annans season ticket is also £120 if you are renewing it.new customers its £145 for the 1st season.i might be wrong but am sure annan was £8 when we first entered the leagues,after a few seasons we went to a £10 and for next season its just been bumped up to £12. Edited by annanbear

Will probably be higher than average for the first few weeks until the novelty factor wears off

The novelty value of watching football in a stadium that has the atmosphere of the moon will wear off somewhat quickly, I'd wager. 

The novelty value of watching football in a stadium that has the atmosphere of the moon will wear off somewhat quickly, I'd wager.

There speaks the voice of experience.

Good to see you're still alive ;)

If they survive in the division, and have a higher attendance than one other team, as well as more than what East Stirlingshire had this season, I think their will have done well. Upwards and onwards after that. 

Edited by lowenan

The Meadowbank support was ok by lower league standards. Dropped off latterly when the club was being deliberately run down to prepare for Livingston. Lots of the diehards were banned by that point too. City have their own hardcore support and if they can consolidate in the league over the next few years the fan base will grow.

Great news to get those 3 signed. They'll need a few with league experience too.

I cannot see how after the struggle Meadowbank had to attract support how decades later with all the other attractions computer games etc it will be any different this time.That said im looking forward to going despite how awful it was in the 70s 80s 90s.....

If they survive in the division, and have a higher attendance than one other team, as well as more than what East Stirlingshire had this season, I think their will have done well. Upwards and onwards after that.

It wouldn't be hard to have a bigger home crowd than East Stirling. They had about 35 when we played them recently at Ochilview.