West Region Superleague Premier League Final Standings 2016-17

scotstvo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

My point is that the actual, real life league table gives any information one would need, rendering any tabular extrapolation of info pointless. Fact!

36 posts on a thread you think is pointless mmm.

18 hours ago, superpollok said:

You often post on the betting thread with your predictions.

In your mind you will use form, recent results etc to predict your coupon.

What is the difference from using a probability formula based on recent form to predict the final league placing?

Or are you just scared of numbers?

He's employing a new method to try to take the Treble Trophy?:o

Soz jimbo,I might well come to regret this latest jibe,but I really couldn'y pass up that opportunity!    :lol:

3 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Totatty agree, you can analyse things to the nth degee but at some point it becomes meaningless and irrelevant. Happens all the time with election predictions as we have found out in recent years. However some statisticians make a good living out of it and it helps sell newspapers and thats about it. Scotsvo's table is a prime example of this sort of rubbish and that is why it  quite rightly gets slagged. Spare us from it next season PLEASE!

18 hours ago, lokforever said:

36 posts on a thread you think is pointless mmm.

18 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Highest post count on this thread . Me personally I would just ignore it but hey ho each to their own

Either you pair counted my posts one by one or you know a way to see the post count on threads. Either way yous need to get out more.

Also when you were scanning through you will see that 90% of those are blatant leg pulls.

Counting my posts...pffft....dafties!

Here is an interesting question...

If Talbot/Glens win the league AND Scottish who qualifies for the Senior Scottish cup?

I.e Talbot win the Scottish and win the league with Beith 3 points behind.

Would it be Talbot and Beith (2nd in league) or Talbot and Glens (runner up in Scottish).

9 hours ago, scotstvo said:

Obviously as games played gets closer to parity, this table is less relevant than earlier in the season. But for consistency's sake, here it is.

Capture.PNG

Relevance levels are the same throughout the season.....minimal!

Archived