West Region Superleague Premier League Final Standings 2016-17

scotstvo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

But Troon and Buffs won't win all their games so it could be ok.

No team will win all their games but Kilbirnie might still be safe without gaining a point in their last 4 games , 

wondering what the relative squad strengths and depths are for the title challengers, especially those still in the Scottish. I'd assume Talbot probably have the better players to bring in and rotate purely because they have been over the course before.

KRR seem to have lots of attacking cover on the bench. Buffs easily disposed of Troon without Cashmore, Monti or Frye starting. Beith outplayed Hurlford recently with their two top scorers on the bench. Don't know about Glenafton, but they recently signed Carter so presumably have options up front too

Looking at the respective goals for/ against of the main challengers it's striking that Talbot seem to have a reliable defence that concedes very little but could probably do with scoring a few more goals.

Without checking it up I'd imagine they're scoring fewer per game than in any of their previous title winning seasons. 

4 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

And here is my dumbed down version emoji23.png

Glenafton 59
Rob Roy 55
Talbot. 55
Beith. 51
Pollok. 37
Arthurlie. 37
Hurlford. 37
Cumnock. 34
Buffs. 34
Troon. 28
Ladeside. 27
Largs. 24

Aka The "possible column" out of Scotsvo's post. 

Thank goodness you're here!

3 hours ago, rednblack said:

Yass we can't finish third bottom and this score thing how does that come about??

Great question; the score is calculated by smooshing together each team's possible points, average goal difference and points average (basically the three columns to the left of the score!) weighting them a bit, then standardising the outcome.

The long and the short of it is that a team on 500 is exactly average for the league, with any team higher than that increasingly above average; and any team below that increasingly below average.

Yass top again!

Oh no wait [emoji4]

Being serious given fixtures left for both clubs i can see Troon and Largs going down both clubs with good talent but just struggled to convert into points.

Playoff for me is between Kilwinning and Kilbirnie not sure who killwinning have left to give a call on who will avoid bottom 3.

Top really is interesting Beith even after a run of draws still have a chance.

With so few games left and things being so tight I can see it going to the last game or two for sure .

Archived