grass park

walter0000

It's ok saying we want it on a grass park but we would need to restructure the calendar to do so.

By the way I want it on grass too but I remember the mess that was Fir Park for the 98 final & I am pretty sure that firhill was the same for a few finals too.

I want to see the final played on a good surface.

Grass all the way for me and that's obviously nothing to do with sour grapes.

Astro turf is God awful and just so glad we won as this post could be construed as sour grapes if we lost.

No player should have to play the biggest game in their lives on astro as it should be a smashing grass surface .

St Mirren would be ideal. Don't think I've hardly seen a game on Astro when someone doesn't go off injured.

I've seen the odd game on grass where someone gets injured too..............

It's ok saying we want it on a grass park but we would need to restructure the calendar to do so.

By the way I want it on grass too but I remember the mess that was Fir Park for the 98 final & I am pretty sure that firhill was the same for a few finals too.

I want to see the final played on a good surface.

Far too sensible a post for P&B. St. Mirren would have been ideal but the pitch was ripped up right after they played their final match on May 1st, and if the long term plan is to keep the final until the last weekend in May/first weekend in June then options are always going to be limited, especially now that 3 of the 4 senior leagues stop earlier to accommodate the playoffs. Made the point already, but does there really need to be a 6 week gap between the semis and final? Perhaps scheduling it for mid May would give them a bigger choice of possible venues?

Yip had the same problem trying to arrange the works Scottish cup final and all senior grass parks were shut right after their last game, ended up. Booking a junior ground as didn't want it on an astro pitch!

Rugby Park shouldn't be used again for the final. Far too big (little atmosphere) and a poor (plastic) surface 👎

A smaller 10,000 capacity stadium with a decent grass pitch would be more worthy of the final and create a proper atmosphere for the final. If it means moving the date a few weeks, then why not!!!

Archived