League 2 Season 2016/17

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll have a really hard shift next year, so I'll be keeping a weather eye on developments in the 2nd.  It looks like it will be a better standard of league than it was in 2015/16.  The usual bullish noises coming from the Bully Wees; same as every season that they've been in the bottom tier.  No matter who they sign, it'll come down to how Bazza deploys them and his tactics.  Punting the ball up to a big guy didn't work against us and didn't get them promotion.  He was found sorely wanting whenever they played us, with Super Gus having him in his back pocket.  It'll be interesting to see if he's learnt anything.

If Arbroath finally sort themselves out, it could be a tight race at the top.  I'd expect Forfar to be up there and Cowden having a new man might have them struggling a bit at the start, but they are perennial over achievers and I'd expect them up there too.

We're not even into June yet, plenty of time for Swankie to make a move ;)

I think it's very difficult to make any predictions at this moment in time, with every team at least 3 signings away from having a squad sorted. If Montrose added 3 quality players to what they have I could see them making a push for 4th, whereas if they sign poorly chances are they will be bottom 3 and looking over their shoulder again. Annan on paper right now look like they could have their worse season for many a year, but they have raft of signings still to make, they could surprise everyone and challenge for the title if they're good ones. Could really say the same sort of thing for every team in the division currently.

I think I'll wait a wee while before I make any predictions ;)

Would also add on paper the division will be a lot stronger than last season, there seems to be far more individual talent in the division, with quite a few teams dishing out 2 year deals to entice players to sign up.

He was found sorely wanting whenever they played us, with Super Gus having him in his back pocket. 

Lost 4 times in 6 against QP, yet only lost 3 times in 14 games against Elgin, EF and Annan. Strange game.

Far too early to state predictions of course but no problem in analysing what teams have to do. I'd be worried if I was an Annan fan at this stage; any source of goals is absolutely flying out of the door.

Cowden 2 win the league

P1ss off the smokies even more by not moving from pleasure land end

Please yersel, we will all stand together, there normally aren't many of you lot anyway

We'll win it at a canter. Couldn't even name half the teams in this graveyard let alone predict where they'll finish.

That was said last season, and the season before that and I dare say the season before that, so based on the success rate of that prediction, I will take it under advisement

Looking at our squad I think we'll be a good bit stronger than last, however would like a striker and another goalie in.

Impressed with arbroaths signings, and with Forfar with the likes of lister.

Can see it being very tight at the top, us, Arbroath, Forfar up there anyway.

Stirling Elgin and Cowdenbeath to be scrapping as well.

Not sure about Berwick and Annan. Montrose and Edinburgh my favourites to battle it out for bottom.

Mr marsh is that the fat waste of space that totally bullied the Clyde defence every time last season the same guy that super fergie tried to sign. Anyway happy enough with our signings so far but like most bino fans still concerned regarding the mclaren factor how he got another year contact is up for debate.Like most Bino fans if we are struggling come October /November he has to go

I've said this on another topic (possibly slightly amended now after recent signings etc) but I think it'll be:

Clyde, Forfar, Arbroath top 3.

Cowdenbeath, Stirling not far behind.

Elgin, Berwick, Annan mid table to bottom end.

Montrose and Edinburgh City bottom 2. I think Edinburgh will finish bottom purely on the fact it's a massive jump up from the lowland league and I don't think they have many players who have played at this level or higher (correct me if I'm wrong).

Really pleased with our signings but not jumping the gun and saying the leagues a formality. A lot of tough away trips for us this season and we need to make Broadwood a fortress like it used to be 10-15 seasons ago!

Definitely agree it'll be a better league this year too.

Elgin City: Nothing much to say about elgin they'll just be bog standard elgin a good home record along with keeping players like reilly, Cameron (pen) and gunn (pen) will see them nab a playoff.

My Prediction: 3rd

I'll have to change my definition of bog standard then as this has happened once in 16 years.

I'll have to change my definition of bog standard then as this has happened once in 16 years.

I'm basing my Prediction on Jim weir keeping hold on the same squad and replicating what he done last season although I'm sure your many dodgy penalties you'll get will be more than enough to get you over the line 😉

I'm basing my Prediction on Jim weir keeping hold on the same squad and replicating what he done last season although I'm sure your many dodgy penalties you'll get will be more than enough to get you over the line 😉

Not now that dylans left us for you lot

Mr marsh is that the fat waste of space that totally bullied the Clyde defence every time last season the same guy that super fergie tried to sign. Anyway happy enough with our signings so far but like most bino fans still concerned regarding the mclaren factor how he got another year contact is up for debate.Like most Bino fans if we are struggling come October /November he has to go

Wouldn't say he bullied our defence he certainly looked overweight and lazy. I wasn't impressed by him could be a totally different player at Arbroath though

I'm basing my Prediction on Jim weir keeping hold on the same squad and replicating what he done last season although I'm sure your many dodgy penalties you'll get will be more than enough to get you over the line

At Montrose and Brechin, Jim Weir has run into  difficulties the  following season, after a play-off appearance Elgin should beware

Archived