Annbank Utd

Ginola97

Bad move for Annbank in doing this. A good club with good people up there. Shame to see Ayr Utd dictate what goes on now on and off the park.

Good luck though :)

the song goes at Somerset Park "There's only one team in Ayrshire".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr Utd would have went another season at least at Rosebank but as Lugar cut their tenure short they have wised up and landed a 3 year deal at New Pebble Park, Boys as young as 15 on Ayr's books were in the squad at the expense of guys with 10 years plus service to Lugar, banished by txt, , as for the underhanded tactics by the Lugar committee, cannot comment as i am no on the committee but was an application made for the position as manager of Annbank submitted prior to Lugar's announcement the partnership was ending ?? Remember a piece in the Ayrshire Post a few months back stating that there had only been one applicant for the vacancy after Jonathan Bailie's departure but that application was for 2016/17

I think boys as young as 15 were in the Annbank squad last season as well.If not 15 ,not far away from it.Don't underestimate how good a player someone as young as 15 can be.

Annbanks gain is Lugars loss having watched this bunch of players this year . I would imagine some of the older Ayr lads would move on to a better league having played for Lugar last year , there's a few crackers there and its sad to see this joint venture at Lugar come to an end . As a local I've Watched some great fitba this year and we'll done to all parties for keeping Lugar afloat . All the best to all involved .

The fact that these Ayr players did so well last year says more about the "quality" of the ADL tbh.Would be surprised if all clubs don't try to secure the servies of boys from senior teams.Most efforts to do this will end in failure though.

Just wait till you realise that your strongest team is not fielded week after week. When a big game comes along for the youth team they will dictate the Annbank selection the Saturday before it. Some of they boys at Lugar would be running riot one week and benched the next!

DOA, my point being in relation to the 15 year old is that a seasoned veteran was deemed not wanted for match duty but a 15 year old from the Ayr Academy was, Annbank did not have that option, Yes Lugar had been in bother prior to the partnership but there was at least 6 or 7 players contracted to Lugar who I believe thought would be joined by 5 or 6 loanees, what transpired was " softly softly catch the monkey " the contracted players were ousted and the match day squad ended up ny on 100% Ayr Utd, if the youths had a big cup tie on the Sunday Lugar had a free week in the Saturday, it's bad enough Ayr take dozens of kids from the youth leagues they are also taken over Junior sides, as with Lugar and now Annbank Ayr use it as a reserve side as finances done away with reserve leagues for the pro's a few season's ago

DOA, my point being in relation to the 15 year old is that a seasoned veteran was deemed not wanted for match duty but a 15 year old from the Ayr Academy was, Annbank did not have that option, Yes Lugar had been in bother prior to the partnership but there was at least 6 or 7 players contracted to Lugar who I believe thought would be joined by 5 or 6 loanees, what transpired was " softly softly catch the monkey " the contracted players were ousted and the match day squad ended up ny on 100% Ayr Utd, if the youths had a big cup tie on the Sunday Lugar had a free week in the Saturday, it's bad enough Ayr take dozens of kids from the youth leagues they are also taken over Junior sides, as with Lugar and now Annbank Ayr use it as a reserve side as finances done away with reserve leagues for the pro's a few season's ago

Just to clarify this point Cantona, this has nothing to do with AUFC and is the sole venture of AUFA. It is not a replacement for reserve team football and the U20s now provide this function within the game. If the AUFA feel that this is of benefit to the players within their system and that it will help prepare them more readily to break through to the first team then its an understandable move.

The other point is that it should not be underestimated the contribution that AUFA have made to Junior football locally with many Clubs having AUFA graduates on their playing staff. If it is either by loan deal as they are still with AUFA or if its a player who has moved on and they are now contracted to a Junior Club, the coaching of these young players has helped the Junior game locally. At Troon, 4 of our regular starting 11 have came through the AUFA ranks.  

In the long run, Annbank will benefit from having a good core of young talented players who have experience at Junior level. They will then be able to focus resources on upgrading facilities and enhancing the bank balance! Cant be a bad thing longer term.

Is that not the point ?? We have now got a future for 3 years minimum...

You contradict yourself sir in that you state quite rightly that without the Ayr Utd partnership Lugar could well have been lost to junior football ...

Without youths last season we would have struggled to complete fixtures as we only carry a limited squad and when injuries , suspensions and work commitments are brought into the mix by the mad fixture list that our league deem correct I.E 3 games per week we struggle .. And without the help of Ayr Boswell U16s we would have been stuck.

Ayr Boswell went through the season unbeaten.. Not even a draw and I'm certain training and playing with Annbank benefited them no end.

The proof is there that there are benefits for both parties ..

Just look at Muirkirk who have a core of youths and have kicked on this season under George..

I'm certain it's the way forward for small clubs like ours and as per my initial post I'm delighted to have secured the partnership..

All credit to youse, there will always be pitfalls when aligning with another team especially a pro youth team, but let me tell you one thing the 2 best games to watch for me last year were both games v Lugar. 2 young teams going for it. I would rather see that than a TEAM (I put that in capitals because every team needs older players) full of players at the end of there careers with no real hunger. Give me a full league of these teams and the entertainment value would be second to none. Good luck Annbank for the future

All credit to youse, there will always be pitfalls when aligning with another team especially a pro youth team, but let me tell you one thing the 2 best games to watch for me last year were both games v Lugar. 2 young teams going for it. I would rather see that than a TEAM (I put that in capitals because every team needs older players) full of players at the end of there careers with no real hunger. Give me a full league of these teams and the entertainment value would be second to none. Good luck Annbank for the future

Big Buff, no ones denying they're good players. Just wonder how you would feel if they moved to Muirkirk and none of your young lads got to train or play? Cause that's the reality!

Alot of opinions here some good and some bad but I think Annbank will find out soon enough if it's to there liking. I know personally some of the boys going as my boy was meant to go until he decided he didn't want to be at ayr anymore he is still good friends with them all I can say is its going to be a exciting time for Annbank as some of the boys going are great talents looking forward to the games against them with craigmark and so is my boy good luck for next season

Alot of opinions here some good and some bad but I think Annbank will find out soon enough if it's to there liking. I know personally some of the boys going as my boy was meant to go until he decided he didn't want to be at ayr anymore he is still good friends with them all I can say is its going to be a exciting time for Annbank as some of the boys going are great talents looking forward to the games against them with craigmark and so is my boy good luck for next season

As an Annbank fan I agree...I can see the goods and bads especially what the lugar boys are saying happened but then as pointed out it secured our future for 3 seasons

I agree that as the season progresses the committee will get a feel for weather it's right or not, I just hope they do what's best for the club...I will support them no matter what happens

Read only half of these comments and thought what a load of pish some people talk on here? Noddy and Tam are bloody good coaches I worked in the academy for 3-4 years and thought they were good I personally learned from them and I had a younger team. I think it's great a junior club is working with a senior club yes the senior club is using its youth players to blood them however it's no different from Spain where most Spanish teams have "feeder clubs" in lower leagues to blood the youth. Anyway Ayr have a number of their u20s at other clubs not just Annbank isn't mcguffie at the Glens? Big McKenzie is playing for Cumnock? I'm sure there are others out there? Also young players playing in the juniors it's a must IMO I've just taken over Cumnocks 17s who will be 19s next season and we have already had one of them playing for Cumnock (v Girvan) and that was on the request of the junior manager? Aren't we forgetting that youth is the lifeblood of football? All I can say is good luck to all

Read only half of these comments and thought what a load of pish some people talk on here? Noddy and Tam are bloody good coaches I worked in the academy for 3-4 years and thought they were good I personally learned from them and I had a younger team. I think it's great a junior club is working with a senior club yes the senior club is using its youth players to blood them however it's no different from Spain where most Spanish teams have "feeder clubs" in lower leagues to blood the youth. Anyway Ayr have a number of their u20s at other clubs not just Annbank isn't mcguffie at the Glens? Big McKenzie is playing for Cumnock? I'm sure there are others out there? Also young players playing in the juniors it's a must IMO I've just taken over Cumnocks 17s who will be 19s next season and we have already had one of them playing for Cumnock (v Girvan) and that was on the request of the junior manager? Aren't we forgetting that youth is the lifeblood of football? All I can say is good luck to all

Ayr Utd- Barca mmmm. How come if Ayr youngsters are so good the senior team struggled to beat Stranraer full of ex juniors. Does that mean Annbank can't be promoted to top division like Barca reserve/youth team can't ? Only joking mate.

There's a bunch of folk on here concerned about the loyal Annbank servants plus a couple of cracking youth players they have at the moment. If that's a "load of Pish" as you put it then more the fool you!

I don't think any1 is saying there not good coaches as they would be very wrong iv seen them at work they are good at what they do it's more about the current squad bein dropped for the boys coming in. Tbf the lads coming in are good talents iv had the privilege of watching these lads from 14s till this season when my boy quit Annbank are going to be fine o genuinely hope it works out for you.

Archived