Fleet Star have Folded (temporarily?)

Seems to have gone unnoticed among the Threave/St Cuthbert controversy, but Fleet Star are not playing next season.

They seem to have gone into a sort of "abeyance", like in Juniors.

http://www.dgnews-sport.co.uk/?art=4603&page=home&title=THREAVE+BACK+IN+THE+SOUTH+-+SAINTS+WON%27T+BE+GOING+UP

The news was also given that Fleet Star will be dropping out of the league for the coming season because of their failure to get a management team in place.

Fleet secretary Irving Hannah said he was deeply disappointed about being unable to field a team but said they hoped to be back in the 2017-18 season. League members agreed that their membership should be suspended for the coming year.

Seems to have gone unnoticed among the Threave/St Cuthbert controversy, but Fleet Star are not playing next season.

They seem to have gone into a sort of "abeyance", like in Juniors.

Sure this has happened before?

Anyway, it's time long overdue for the Tarff Rovers comeback to be made. :P

Thats a shame I enjoyed going there to watch a few games their secretary was always very hospitable cant remember his name but he's been there for years

just read post again Irvine thats him really nice guy as i said he's been there years

shame these teams cant get enough players same all over i think. when i was a boy all we had to do was play football now they sit and play computer games and is reducing the amount of young players coming through. When i first started watching the South it was a very competitive league with a handful of teams in the running to win it, not now but hopefully Threave will get their act together and there will be more competing for the top spot in the league>   

Think it was more down to failing to find management to take over than players leaving as a good few from last season were looking to stay on.

is there no young guy out there want to get into coaching/management that would be ideal to gain experience

is there no young guy out there want to get into coaching/management that would be ideal to gain experience

Doesnt appear to be anyone willing to spend the time or managment arent taking the risk with it incase the youngster fails to attract players.

Doesnt appear to be anyone willing to spend the time or managment arent taking the risk with it incase the youngster fails to attract players.

This is a no win situation as players,by and large, won't come to a club if they don't know who the manager is going to be and a new inexperienced manager is not going to attract enough good players right away and it escalates from there. I think Star have done the right thing and hope they can regroup for next season.

Archived