The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

Anyone heard anything about players coming in?we are less than 2 weeks away from our 1st friendly and we dont have enough players for a 5 v 5 at the min never mind a competitive match.to make matters worse a couple of those signed on never got anywhere near the 1st team last year.

surely we have to get signings in this week if we're going to Ireland next weekend!!!!!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Annan as a club and can sympathise with the fans at the moment. No real signings made yet and we are just over 2 weeks until the 1st competitive match. Could be a long season as the majority of other teams in League 2 have made a number of signings.

Who are the players Bibba and Sconie?

Always liked Annan as a club and can sympathise with the fans at the moment. No real signings made yet and we are just over 2 weeks until the 1st competitive match. Could be a long season as the majority of other teams in League 2 have made a number of signings.

Who are the players Bibba and Sconie?

Totally agree Chucky 10 time for signings and Bibba and Sconie are Annan legends!

letic step up their plans for next season with a double signing

12:47, 24 JUN 2016 BY STEPHEN TEMLETT

Max Wright and David McKenna have both penned one year deals to join a host of other players who have committed to next season at Galabank.

image: http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8273927.ece/ALTERNATES//s458/JS80105058.jpg

JS80105058.jpg

Annan boss Jim Chapman says the squad is taking shape

Annan Athletic have bolstered their squad ahead of the new season.

After signing a number of players from last season on new contracts, the Galabankies have added a duo from East Stirlingshire.

Max Wright, a 23-year-old midfielder, and striker David McKenna, 29, joined the club this week.

Manager Jim Chapman said: “I’ve known David a good number of years and he brings a great deal of experience and quality, plus he’s a proven goalscorer.

“Max is a dynamic, quick player with both feet and hopefully he can provide a lot for David.â€

The duo were part of the relegated Shire side who will now play in the Lowland League. Chapman believes a change of scene and system can do wonders for both.

He added: “I’ve seen players get promoted one season and relegated the next. I’ve also seen players get relegated then they win titles the following season.

“We’ve seen how important it is to bring a bit of quality and a rated striker to the squad over the past three years in Peter Weatherson.

“I’m not putting that kind of pressure on David but I think he’ll do a great job.â€

The news comes a week after keeper Blair Currie, Steven Black, Peter Watson, Steven Swinglehurst, Scott Norman and Liam Park extended their contracts.

Rabin Omar has also signed on at Galabank for another year.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/annan-athletic-step-up-plans-8273953#Iz7AIAlVlGpSrdjL.99

Totally agree Chucky 10 time for signings and Bibba and Sconie are Annan legends!

Oh come on there Solway that's taking it a bit far - Bibba's only a legend in the Refuse Dept. O the cooncil or the wee listed "building" he calls a shed.

Sconie would no get time off Story Rail ( no bad money I hear ).

Have we got a physio yet ? Wee Jimmy Sherry prob gie a good rub doon

Jordan Hart confirmed as signed for Ayr United.

Jordan would have been better staying at Annan. Fleming will be first choice keeper. He will be on the bench most weeks. If he stayed at Annan he would be playing every week.

Archived