The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, robbiep said:

No idea but I certainly hope so.

As an outsider living in Glasgow - having met him once -  do the Annan

supporters have a major difference of opinion over Chapman? Reasons?

What influence does his No 2 John Joyce have in training, match preparation

etc?

Congratulations to Jim Chapman & Gavin Skeleton, Manager of the Month & Player of the Month.
I would be Happy if Chapman has been given another contract.

Do you not think he's stagnated the team? Always top half, but don't seem to have extra % to push on. Yes we're on a winning run-every team goes on one-but that doesn't tell the true story. Want that long ago, a majority of the fans were whispering-and yelling-he had to go. Personally I think he has to many fingers in to many pies.

I've no posted on here for ages

I know we're on a decent run at the moment but it's not been that long since we threw away awe them points after being 2-0 up about 6 odd times. Ah mean we were utter gutter before Skelton was added &  Weatherson & Smart came back.  He seems to still have this daft spat with Smart going on where he just won't start him. Stupid f***ing decisions like that that really annoy me about him. 

I agree with Nostradamus even tho we're pretty much play-off bound I just don't see us pushing on & actually getting promoted. 

Im not 100% convinced tbh

Come on guys, do you not think Skelton and Spoonsy coming back was something to do with the manager? He's also added others like Flanagan who I think is a terrific young player. Jordan Stewart's done a great job and I'd like to see a bit more of Tom Fry. With the major rebuild that was done at the start of the season, to be sitting where we are now and if we finish in the play offs, I think it's a great achievement by the manager. Like him of hate him he's done well to turn us around!
As we've won 6 of the last 7 games I'm not too fussed if Smarts on the bench

Come on guys, do you not think Skelton and Spoonsy coming back was something to do with the manager? He's also added others like Flanagan who I think is a terrific young player. Jordan Stewart's done a great job and I'd like to see a bit more of Tom Fry. With the major rebuild that was done at the start of the season, to be sitting where we are now and if we finish in the play offs, I think it's a great achievement by the manager. Like him of hate him he's done well to turn us around!
As we've won 6 of the last 7 games I'm not too fussed if Smarts on the bench

Spot on!

Not been on the thread for a while but almost choked in my cornflakes when I saw the post about Chapman getting another contract! We go on a wee run without dropping points and everything that went before is just to be forgotten . Don't think so, we have suffered long enough and hard enough under Chapman not take the opportunity to get rid when his contract ends. Time for some basic down to earth football tactics that win games and get us a long, long overdue promotion. We have the players and were not ranking about getting out of a difficult league after all. Most others have done it at some point with worse teams than we have. Shite tactics and management will see us rot in this division if he doesn't go. Keep it simple, book him a taxi now, and get Skelts in the driving seat. Football is a simple game, stupid people make it a difficult one. Mon the Annan.

Not been on the thread for a while but almost choked in my cornflakes when I saw the post about Chapman getting another contract! We go on a wee run without dropping points and everything that went before is just to be forgotten . Don't think so, we have suffered long enough and hard enough under Chapman not take the opportunity to get rid when his contract ends. Time for some basic down to earth football tactics that win games and get us a long, long overdue promotion. We have the players and were not ranking about getting out of a difficult league after all. Most others have done it at some point with worse teams than we have. Shite tactics and management will see us rot in this division if he doesn't go. Keep it simple, book him a taxi now, and get Skelts in the driving seat. Football is a simple game, stupid people make it a difficult one. Mon the Annan.

Are you having a laugh??? We've been in the league for 2 minutes compared to some and you think we're long due a promotion

A bit o unity guys.

3rd in the league - 10 points above 5th , so playoffs a stick on wi only 8 games left.

Renegades get yer self back t Galabank.

Forfar in freefalI.

I think Arbroath could win the league.At a stretch even us ,sorry I just woke up frae dreaming. ( na just up for a pish)

Anyone know the reason why the supporters club have decided to run a bus for the Clyde game, a month in advance, but can't get a bus to Stirling tomorrow? Surely nows the time to be doing it with the run of form we are on.

Archived