The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just posted on the Berwick v Annan post.

Why are Annan signing older players from France in League 2? Surely they can develop there own players or pick up players from North of England due to their location (which is still an issue for developing young Scottish players). Why have foreign players in the lowest league in Scotland which should be a grounding for young Scottish players who maybe have dropped down like Finnie and Ramsey from Rangers. Surely Andrew Robertson going to QP was the making of him?

I covered the game in Berwick yesterday and could not believe the 2 French boys playing?? Annan what are your thoughts here?? Gordon Waddell has wrote a great article today in the Sunday Mail about developing our own players - Now in the Premiership Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell,Rangers, Celtic are full of English players so does that ot mean we need to develop our own players in the lower leagues. What are they thinking about???

It really annoys me that they cannot put Scottish boys in or at least young english lads from near Annan

Rant over     

We have a Canadian goalkeeper and 2 English players, are you absolutely raging at that too?Why would Annan sign Scottish players who are worse than the French boys?

Just posted on the Berwick v Annan post.

Why are Annan signing older players from France in League 2? Surely they can develop there own players or pick up players from North of England due to their location (which is still an issue for developing young Scottish players). Why have foreign players in the lowest league in Scotland which should be a grounding for young Scottish players who maybe have dropped down like Finnie and Ramsey from Rangers. Surely Andrew Robertson going to QP was the making of him?

I covered the game in Berwick yesterday and could not believe the 2 French boys playing?? Annan what are your thoughts here?? Gordon Waddell has wrote a great article today in the Sunday Mail about developing our own players - Now in the Premiership Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell,Rangers, Celtic are full of English players so does that ot mean we need to develop our own players in the lower leagues. What are they thinking about???

It really annoys me that they cannot put Scottish boys in or at least young english lads from near Annan

Rant over     

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Hello Annan! As you may be aware Edinburgh City are coming to town this weekend. I've been to Gretna plenty of times but this trip to Galabank is a first for me. Where's the best place to park the car for walking distance to the ground? Had a look on Google Earth. Not sure what's available.

alas you missed some epic encounters in the East of Scotland Days- a ridiculous 7-4 game, Fozzy hitting the overhead electric wires that were at one end of the ground with a shy, Tadg Moriarty firing a 25 yard free kick in, my mate Bri being upset at being called "a fat Hibee" by a home fan- he's a fat Jambo! 

We've not played Annan since some up and coming ref called Collum did us out of the South Challenge Cup. Nae idea what happened to that cnut... it's time to wreak our revenge... :lol: 

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Hello Annan! As you may be aware Edinburgh City are coming to town this weekend. I've been to Gretna plenty of times but this trip to Galabank is a first for me. Where's the best place to park the car for walking distance to the ground? Had a look on Google Earth. Not sure what's available.

There's a wee car park at the end of the ground your fans will be in; the end you approach from the east. Turn right just before the ground.

6 hours ago, David W said:

There's a wee car park at the end of the ground your fans will be in; the end you approach from the east. Turn right just before the ground.

Cheers. I think I spotted that one on Google with the trees around it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crowd of 302 speaks volumes.
Fans not interested any more.
Paying £12 to watch that dross is a form of punishment it seems yet we still turn up every week.
Club making record losses off the feild.
No ambition being shown from the club just empty promises.
Chapman has to go.

Oo and thank god Edinburgh City are in the league or we would all be going to see us play at Gretna and Dalbeattie next year.

Guys, we've only lost one in our last 8 matches!!! And that was against the league leaders!
Granted we have drawn a couple that we should be winning but before the cup tie we took 4 points from 2 tough away games which I think is decent.
Saturday could've been worse at least we're still in it, unlike Berwick and Cowdenbeath.
The number of changes made in the summer meant this season was never going to be easy.
As for the attendance, when do clubs ever announce the correct figure at a cup game?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived