The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 2 games that Stewart Sharkey has played, he's been caught out of position too many times, IMO. Squad player??

Early days don't be too critical just yet.
Going to take time for players to get to know each other.
Chapman will be using these games to find his best team.
The league games are what count.

Early days don't be too critical just yet.
Going to take time for players to get to know each other.
Chapman will be using these games to find his best team.
The league games are what count.

Understand it takes time to gel, though 1st impression........
Chapman needs to strengthen up front for me, either that or change his long ball tactics. Game against QOS, the combined height of front 2 was 2ft 3, yet lump, lump, lump.

He's a decent player pal don't worry he will be your number one striker b xmas

Good to hear, our website said he was a midfielder but am I right in saying he played upfront all of the last season for you?

Annan/Stranraer.

Solid performance of Annan, scoreline kind of flatters visitors. Like the look off Krissian, he'll fit in well with Watson/Seinglehursy.
As for Chapman.......needs to get rid of the Ill-fitting Watty Glendinings suit, looks like an extra from a bad remake off Goodfellas.

Annan/Stranraer.

Solid performance of Annan, scoreline kind of flatters visitors. Like the look off Krissian, he'll fit in well with Watson/Seinglehursy.
As for Chapman.......needs to get rid of the Ill-fitting Watty Glendinings suit, looks like an extra from a bad remake off Goodfellas.

Seinglehursy ?? Swinglehurst!! Bloody predictive text.

2 minutes ago, pidmoondo said:

So if Todd is signing for the sons how much are they paying or is it tribunal who decides...heard they offers only 500 quid but Annan was wanting 20 times that

I think it will likely go to another tribunal  SHould have signed for us and we could have two at the same time. 

Nostradamus mentions JC in every post: a disenchanted ex-player?!

Quite a lot of negativity so early this season. It's a new squad so will take time to gel. One thing I'd like to see from the Manager is consistency of selection once our "real" games kick in. This League Cup is more interesting in format but little more than that for lower-level teams.

I thought we probably deserved to draw today and I have to admit I was secretly yearning for kicks from the spot! Ibrox on Tuesday will be a major challenge though: hope it isn't too drastic.

First post from a long-time lurker so go easy with the abuse!

Nostradamus mentions JC in every post: a disenchanted ex-player?!

Quite a lot of negativity so early this season. It's a new squad so will take time to gel. One thing I'd like to see from the Manager is consistency of selection once our "real" games kick in. This League Cup is more interesting in format but little more than that for lower-level teams.

I thought we probably deserved to draw today and I have to admit I was secretly yearning for kicks from the spot! Ibrox on Tuesday will be a major challenge though: hope it isn't too drastic.

First post from a long-time lurker so go easy with the abuse!

No not ex player, just think JC has run his cause. When we're winning 2/3 nil (not often I know) he's up bellowing at the team, as if their doing something wrong. However if they're getting beat 2/3/4 nil, he's sitting there stretched out, legs crossed as if he in front of the Tv. Surely it should be the other way round. Personally, think Jim has had enough of having very little £ and having to start a new squad again. Who can blame him??

So if Todd is signing for the sons how much are they paying or is it tribunal who decides...heard they offers only 500 quid but Annan was wanting 20 times that

We're paying nothing, he's signed as an amateur.

If Chapman wasn't holding out for the ludicrous 15k he was chanting then Annan would've probably got some money out of it.

Archived