The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard you are signing a promising young striker called mark archdeacon will score loads in league 2

I'm guessing this is just a name you've plucked from thin air. Clyde fans like to post on other teams threads that you're signing one of their duffers from years gone by.

Remember The Albion having Archdeacon on trial many years back (2011 maybe) but don't think he made an appearance. Clyde soon snapped him up after Allan Moore decided not to sign him.

Yeah it's his son

Good pedigree,Nuthing guaranteed but give the boy a chance.

No tellie Chappy how t do his job but get in tae some the local QOS & Carlisle Utd rejects - prob some good players there just lookin for a second chance eg.Josh Todd.

Good pedigree,Nuthing guaranteed but give the boy a chance.No tellie Chappy how t do his job but get in tae some the local QOS & Carlisle Utd rejects - prob some good players there just lookin for a second chance eg.Josh Todd.

Couldn't agree more!

Good pedigree,Nuthing guaranteed but give the boy a chance.No tellie Chappy how t do his job but get in tae some the local QOS & Carlisle Utd rejects - prob some good players there just lookin for a second chance eg.Josh Todd.

To me it looks like Chapman's only contacts are in the Central belt. I agree with you there must be players from these clubs looking for a break in lower league football.

No news at all coming from Galabank

So playing The Rangers in a pre season friendly is going to attract players???

Oh come on Fiddy give the new set up a chance.At least this way we have 4 competitive games rather than being knocked out in the first round.

I'd rather pay full price for this new league cup set up than useless friendlies at the same price.

OK Rangers & Motherwell are a stick on to go through - we'll their managers want sacked if they cannae. BUT football - let's call it "doin a Leicester" - that's why we love the game.

Oh come on Fiddy give the new set up a chance.At least this way we have 4 competitive games rather than being knocked out in the first round.

I quite like the idea of this new set up for that exact reason.the bigger teams will moan as theres a fear of getting dumped out early,but as the philosopher has said and what i said to a pal the other night when discussing this topic annan will get four games instead of one.anyone have any idea when the fixtures for this will be out?wouldnt mind motherwell away as its the only ground i havent been to in group F.

How many players have we actually lost so far?since the club website isnt much use for this sort of info.

Flynn mcniff osadolar weatherson mcstay.i heard both hart and currie have left but have no idea if this is correct,as has been said above i heard todd was meant to be off to QotS aswell.have i missed anyone?

Tough summer for Annan. Losing most of the players that made them such a goal threat and keeping that rotten defence of their's. Unless Chapman can work a bit of magic, 2016 may well look like a golden opportunity spurned.

Archived