Group F

The_Craig

You're right but wins always are enjoyable.  Did you make many changes in the closed season?  Who should we look out for on Friday?  I assume it will be on Rangers Telly.

A lot of changes. New manager, coaches and a lot of new players, only a handful stayed from last season (thank f*ck.) Too many to name, everyone's playing well at the moment and it's on BT Sport mate.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, matty0310 said:

A lot of changes. New manager, coaches and a lot of new players, only a handful stayed from last season (thank f*ck.) Too many to name, everyone's playing well at the moment and it's on BT Sport mate.

I thought, after I posted my comment, that it might be.  Thank f**k.  Getting a shite picture from a dodgy stream on my laptop is not the best!

Hope it's a good game.  Will you be going?

I thought, after I posted my comment, that it might be.  Thank f**k.  Getting a shite picture from a dodgy stream on my laptop is not the best!

Hope it's a good game.  Will you be going?

Aye a am, will be a good occasion whatever the score.

12 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Yeh mate I had tickets for the Annan end. I go to Annan games when Killie aren't playing.

The home fans celebrated Barry's goal so triumphantly that I expected to see C.Ronaldo walk out and just pass the Champions League trophy to the Sevco players.

A glorious victory for the league's newest member.

Would you have preferred us to turn around and collectively apologise to Annan supporters 

Think you must be suffering from jet lag or something mate as I never mentioned Ronaldo playing for you.

My apologies, I was just trying to make a comment as ridiculous as yours, it was a tough ask though!

On 19 July 2016 at 23:06, matty0310 said:

The score line would suggest comfortable, but that was very much not the case. We were the better team for much of the game and deserved to take something from it.

A lapse in concentration and a screamer lost us it in the end. Very impressed tonight by what I seen.

Think you might have to take the blinkers off there matty.The game plan for ES was to defend and break at speed,which you done pretty well.Our keeper had a great game,but our defence has played 4 games together so very early days for our back 4 and captain Steven Bell was also missing.Lots of times you had 9 or 10 behind the ball but I also agree it wasn't comfortable for the blues.I think with that team you will go close in the Lowland League and John Sludden seems to have chosen well and some shrewdies knew this the bookies had lots of bets at big odds on your team.

1 hour ago, car number 7 said:

Think you might have to take the blinkers off there matty.The game plan for ES was to defend and break at speed,which you done pretty well.Our keeper had a great game,but our defence has played 4 games together so very early days for our back 4 and captain Steven Bell was also missing.Lots of times you had 9 or 10 behind the ball but I also agree it wasn't comfortable for the blues.I think with that team you will go close in the Lowland League and John Sludden seems to have chosen well and some shrewdies knew this the bookies had lots of bets at big odds on your team.

Early days for your back four? Bloody hell, how tragic. It's pre season, we've played one less than you. We came with a very reasonable game plan, and to some extent it worked. I don't agree with 9 or 10 behind the ball, but we did have a fair few at times, but that's how the counter attack works. Had it not been for your keeper, the story may have been very different. Pleased with the performance none the less.

2 hours ago, matty0310 said:

Early days for your back four? Bloody hell, how tragic. It's pre season, we've played one less than you. We came with a very reasonable game plan, and to some extent it worked. I don't agree with 9 or 10 behind the ball, but we did have a fair few at times, but that's how the counter attack works. Had it not been for your keeper, the story may have been very different. Pleased with the performance none the less.

I think you did OK.

I suppose that's football , you's came with a reasonable game plan and it failed you's got beat 3-1.
I thought the Shire were OK , I thought we were fu**ing terrible .
In all fairness you's were a lot better than Annan.
Only my opinion though.

The allocation given to us was 1000, but we've not sold them all.  I believe 400 had been sold as of Monday, so perhaps 750-800 will be there tomorrow.

What's the best pub for a pint pre-match sir?

5 hours ago, pidmoondo said:

Heard on the grapevine that Motherwell fans have bought a 1000 tickets for tomorrow's clash with the mighty Annan fae the sooth. Or is some one pulling my leg...any well fans ??

Does Galabank even hold 1000? 

10 hours ago, pidmoondo said:

Heard on the grapevine that Motherwell fans have bought a 1000 tickets for tomorrow's clash with the mighty Annan fae the sooth. Or is some one pulling my leg...any well fans ??

It won't be that many - but given it's a new ground for 'Well fans, there should be a good few down. I'm really looking forward to it as there are only a few grounds that I've never seen us play at. Is there a social club at the ground or a decent pub nearby??

We did well in the 3-1 game at Ibrox. Great to be winning at h/t but never in a month o' Sundays were we going to hold out regardless of tactics etc. 

Tonight will be a massive ask. Keep the score respectable and injury free and get some cash from the game.

44 minutes ago, Swello said:

It won't be that many - but given it's a new ground for 'Well fans, there should be a good few down. I'm really looking forward to it as there are only a few grounds that I've never seen us play at. Is there a social club at the ground or a decent pub nearby??

There is a social club at home end , visitors welcome.

Not sure if Cluden Masonic Club  across the road opens on match days.

High Street is no more than a 10 minute walk  - Shed - busy sports bar ( Ihear a few buses been in touch) ; the Buck up a lane opposite ; turn left The Commercial 400 yards, turn right 200 yards Anglers ; a further 400 yards past town hall The Blue Bell - real ale pub.

6 hours ago, calum_gers said:

I'd forgotten we were playing tonight. Cracking.

No idea what team we'll put out tonight but I expect it'll be different to Tuesday's.  Barton to start, possibly?  I hope we get a look at Joe Dodoo.

Edited to add tonight's team:

RANGERS: Gilks, Hodson, Wilson, Hill, Wallace, Halliday, Windass, Forrester, McKay, Miller, O’Halloran.
SUBS: Foderingham, Kiernan, Kranjcar, Thompson, Hardie, Waghorn, Dodoo.

Archived