Group F

The_Craig

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No trouble today, thankfully.  I assume both Motherwell fans were searched for hidden golf brollies.

Why?
It wasn't raining and we weren't playing golf.

We were warned about using flag poles as a weapon though.

Pre season bounce game for our championship players, nice wee run out for them and a chance to prepare for the upcoming season.  Poor decisions regarding the handballs but meh.....

What a strange post. Do you run everywhere in life? 

It's probably no stranger than the sentiment of the post being lost on anyone.

Let me unpack it for you : Kranjcar didn't look fit - he was shuffling around the pitch like he was carrying McCoist on his back.

It's probably no stranger than the sentiment of the post being lost on anyone.

Let me unpack it for you : Kranjcar didn't look fit - he was shuffling around the pitch like he was carrying McCoist on his back.

Krančar completely strolled it. You don't lose footballing ability. I'm not sure when he last played for his old club but once he gets a couple of games under his belt he will do just fine. It's not as if he's finished, the boys only 31. We've got 35 year old Grant Holt up top and he was absolutely fine against a decent Brondby side.

Not good enough from us and even more worrying to hear McGhee say afterwards that we won't be signing anyone else and that our main aim is to stay up this season. 

We started well but if you miss the chances that we did when on top and fall away badly as the game wears on, as is a trademark of ours then you will lose more than you win.

A bleak season looms I fear.

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

Pre season bounce game for our championship players, nice wee run out for them and a chance to prepare for the upcoming season.  Poor decisions regarding the handballs but meh.....

Thought the second one was a bit of a tougher call and harsh to call the decision poor, but that first one was as clear as day I thought. Must have been harder to miss that call.

Just now, MJC said:

Not good enough from us and even more worrying to hear McGhee say afterwards that we won't be signing anyone else and that our main aim is to stay up this season. 

We started well but if you miss the chances that we did when on top and fall away badly as the game wears on, as is a trademark of ours then you will lose more than you win.

I'd not be so pessimistic, chap.  You have some decent pace and roasted us a few times.  Mid field needs a bit of bite?

I feel quite positive for the season ahead after that game. We created a barrel load of chances and were probably worth a draw.

I liked the look of Mchugh and once we get an actual midfielder in there with him we'll be better. Joe Chalmers just isn't a footballer I'm afraid and hopefully he gets punted on loan. Ainsworth hasn't learned to track back over pre season but that wasn't expected to be fair.

Tait looked decent and the centre back was steady enough but not great on the ball. Blyth just looks a bit clumsy.

Rangers will need to improve big time if they're going to challenge Aberdeen for second.

Edit to add I'm surprised to hear about Samson handballing it. It looked like it hit his chest at the game and no rangers player or fan claimed for it.

b187843a40c59f979a481120aa8b6bb4.jpg

Krančar completely strolled it. You don't lose footballing ability. I'm not sure when he last played for his old club but once he gets a couple of games under his belt he will do just fine. It's not as if he's finished, the boys only 31. We've got 35 year old Grant Holt up top and he was absolutely fine against a decent Brondby side.

The whole Rangers team mostly strolled it in the second half with Motherwell just standing off them though.

Kranjcar was a very fine player at his peak (7 or 8 years ago?) but in the context of today's game, I didn't see anything special from him for folks to get excited about. His 2 horrible banana slices at goal in the 6 yard box suggest his technique could be as rusty as his fitness - he looked to me like he could be carrying a couple of stone over his racing weight.

28 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I feel quite positive for the season ahead after that game. We created a barrel load of chances and were probably worth a draw.

Edit to add I'm surprised to hear about Samson handballing it. It looked like it hit his chest at the game and no rangers player or fan claimed for it.

Samson didn't quite play basketball but he came close.  I'd have been bitter if we'd drawn but I can be magnanimous in victory ;)

The whole Rangers team mostly strolled it in the second half with Motherwell just standing off them though.

Kranjcar was a very fine player at his peak (7 or 8 years ago?) but in the context of today's game, I didn't see anything special from him for folks to get excited about. His 2 horrible banana slices at goal in the 6 yard box suggest his technique could be as rusty as his fitness - he looked to me like he could be carrying a couple of stone over his racing weight.

Agree on your first point. It was a really poor second half from Motherwell. Rangers defence was there to be got at too.

I don't think Kranjčar had some 10/10 performance or anything but I can't remember him losing the ball. He had some decent passes and touches as well. His footballing brain is two steps ahead of everyone else on the park imo. I think when he gets a couple of games under his belt he will have no problems in the Premiership. He did miss a couple of really good chances but as you say I think he's just a bit rusty.

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I don't think Kranjčar had some 10/10 performance or anything but I can't remember him losing the ball. He had some decent passes and touches as well. His footballing brain is two steps ahead of everyone else on the park imo. I think when he gets a couple of games under his belt he will have no problems in the Premiership. He did miss a couple of really good chances but as you say I think he's just a bit rusty.

FFS.  A Hibee on a Rangers thread, talking football and making sense.  Wee note to Bears...let's zero the metres and take the likes of DM at face value rather than indulge in our usual 'back to the championship' pish.

Kranjčar is a gamble, for sure, but I'm an optimist.  He has a few fast players ahead of him so I think he will help us unlock defences in a way we didn't do last season.

I know we want another defender and I really hope it is a commanding figure that can organise those around him. If not we will leak plenty goals this season. Having Halliday in front of the back four just doesn't work defensively and as much as he is one of us having Barton or crooks or rossiter there will be much better for the overall team.

Happy with the win and a couple of cracking goals. Started slow as you would expect in our second game back but grew and grew as it went on and deserved the win.

Excited about windass. Think he will be double figures goals and assists this season. Kranjcar was just pinging balls about wherever he wanted. He will be the key for us to unlock packed defences. Promising

Archived