Group B

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad draw for us Falkirk at home on Saturday, hope for a decent crowd at Forthbank, then away to Brechin on Tuesday, a week off to face Elgin thankfully at home, the up to Perth to play St Johnstone on Saturday.

Playing two full time sides 3 days apart to start our season is going to be tough going. I'd prefer to have played Stirling and Brechin first, playing them after taking 0 points from the first 2 games will make these games even less meaningful than they were before

Problem with our home fixture against Falkirk at Forthbank, pitch might not be ready in time, the club did ask seemingly to have our first 2 games away from home but ignored it seems by SPFL. according to the Rave On ! website club is in discussion with SPFL over the matter. Just have to wait and see.

Guest Back Post Misses

Problem with our home fixture against Falkirk at Forthbank, pitch might not be ready in time, the club did ask seemingly to have our first 2 games away from home but ignored it seems by SPFL. according to the Rave On ! website club is in discussion with SPFL over the matter. Just have to wait and see.

I remember an early game a few years ago the pitch was full of weeds, brown patches and needed cutting. Surely can't be that bad

I remember an early game a few years ago the pitch was full of weeds, brown patches and needed cutting. Surely can't be that bad

Nothing like that pitch was reseeded at beginning of May and it still growing, should be ready near the end of July. Club did ask for the first 2 fixtures to be away from home to allow the pitch to be ready but this request was seemingly ignored by the SPFL. Club have contacted the SPFL re the matter. Wait to see what happens.

Well those fixtures are complete dug shite from a Falkirk perspective. The sole positive is that I'll be able to see the St Johnstone game without travelling to the hovel that is Perth.

That's the UK City of Culture candidate for 2021 you are talking about.

Elgin away is ideal as that'll be another ground ticked off; only Albion Rovers, Dumbarton, Hannah and now Edinburgh City to go.

Assuming TV money same as in the Scottish cup and saints will make some money off this?

Am I correct that Elgin and Brechin both grass pitches too? That's good from a playing perspective too.

Archived