Group G

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wuffster said:

Didn't think we would go through at halftime, so pleased with that. Can we avoid a Championship team in (or away to Peterhead) in the next round?

Seeded

Celtic
Hibs
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rangers
Alloa
Partick Thistle
Morton

Morton and Hibs are the only Championship team you can play in the next round.

Alloa at home please :thumsup2

Here was me thinking we'd zero chance of qualification after reading the expert opinions on this thread, I think I'll make my own mind up in future.

Hopefully Accies game at Somerset was just a blip for them, the perenial failures at Ayr and Morton need the Hamilton's of this world in the top league so as there's no hiding place for unambitious board members. 

Seeded

Celtic
Hibs
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rangers
Alloa
Partick Thistle
Morton

Morton and Hibs are the only Championship team you can play in the next round.

Alloa at home please :thumsup2

Where are Saint Mirren on the list of seeded sides?

Once again I thought we played well enough today to deserve at least a draw, thought we played most of the football and created more chances without taking them. 

Thats the difference today and the game against St Mirren, they took there chances and where clinical, we haven't been, we could conceivably be sitting here with 5, 6 or 7 points not that two draws would've made a difference to qualifying for us.

I think our major problem will be up front Danny Mullen is not and never will be a lone striker, it's just not his game. 

Best of luck to Hamilton and Ayr Utd going forward.

First half was good, should probably have had a few more too. Second half was as if the players were going through the motions and didn't realise we still needed at least another one to get through.

Would have been nice to get through and I'd imagine there will be second placed teams go through with less than nine points but thems the breaks. Would far rather have a good start to the league season.

Once again I thought we played well enough today to deserve at least a draw, thought we played most of the football and created more chances without taking them. 

Thats the difference today and the game against St Mirren, they took there chances and where clinical, we haven't been, we could conceivably be sitting here with 5, 6 or 7 points not that two draws would've made a difference to qualifying for us.

I think our major problem will be up front Danny Mullen is not and never will be a lone striker, it's just not his game. 

Best of luck to Hamilton and Ayr Utd going forward.

Mullen isn't a footballer, never mind a striker.

Happy to get the win to go through.  I thought Livi played the better football today tbh but were wasteful in the final 3rd. Quite pleased with Sarras debut. I thought he done well and seemed quite comfortable on the ball and when he went off our defence looked a bit disjointed. Donati quiet again. I'd like to see him pushing up slightly and having more influence on the game in the middle of the park but he sat very deep again today, practically playing in defence. D'Acol's shot was unstoppable. Hopefully he can kick on now and bag a few in the league. Crawford was shaky to start with but soon found his rhythm and played  some good through balls. Longridge had one of his better games as well and I thought he'd blown his chance by not hitting the ball 1st time but fair play with his touch and finish . 

Disappointing to go out in the 'Scotland' style.

Does show football is a funny old game though.

Ayr beat Hamilton, convincingly by all accounts.

Look awful against us (yet we only manage to scramble an injury time winner).

Then Hamilton gub us and Ayr win their other games.

I think the Saints management and players probably also thought after the Ayr win, that we were through.

A painful lesson, but hopefully one they'll learn from.

As we drove past the Hamilton Park racecourse I saw loads of wee tidies walking down the road in their dresses and hats, fair to say the burds in Hamilton are Decente.

Disappointing to go out in the 'Scotland' style.

Does show football is a funny old game though.

Ayr beat Hamilton, convincingly by all accounts.

Look awful against us (yet we only manage to scramble an injury time winner).

Then Hamilton gub us and Ayr win their other games.

I think the Saints management and players probably also thought after the Ayr win, that we were through.

A painful lesson, but hopefully one they'll learn from.

Gutted for you.

1469899971155.jpg.672dfa384ba27ae1ac2ef2

As we drove past the Hamilton Park racecourse I saw loads of wee tidies walking down the road in their dresses and hats, fair to say the burds in Hamilton are Decente.

You take what you can get.

39 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

You should go to the Palace. Some top notch fanny in there.

Archived