Group G

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team that played in Edinburgh was makeshift to say the least. The new centre half is now registered and Devlin is back from suspension. There won't be any need to play Longridge and D'Acol once Brophy is fit. We will also have players back in the short term like Kurtaj McMann Lyon Canning Redmond. I still would like to see a striker and a right back signed but by the close of the transfer window we will hopefully only have Jesus out.

I hope we can have a good performance tomorrow looking forward to going to new Douglas park. I think Accies will win because they need to score 2 or more goals tomorrow correct me if I'm wrong to go through we have nothing to play for but one thing I'll say livi always seem to play well when they have nothing to play for. 

Accies just need a win to win the Group unless St Mirren win by a large margin, the more goals we win by increases our chances of winning the group and being a best runner up should Saints score 5 more than us.

Not sure why Cadden's playing, should be keeping him fit for when the league games start. Even if we were to hammer Accies 3-0 and City get a shock win against St Mirren there's still pretty much no chance of us being one of the best 2nd placed teams so doesn't make sense to risk him. 

St Mirren: Gallacher, Naismith, Stewart, Webster, Baird, Walsh, Mallan, Hutton, Morgan, Clarkson, Shankland.

Subs: Langfield, Gordon, Hardie, Sutton, Gallagher, McAllister, McDonald.

Edinburgh City: Antell, Caddow, Gibson, Mbu, Martyniuk, Donaldson, Cummings, Mushin, Allum, Beattie, McConnell.

Subs: Guthrie, Harrison, Macdonald, Dunn, Donaldson, Stobie.

Reckon we have to be quick out the blocks if we want to be in a position of going through come 90 minutes.

HT 3-0

Well we need to win by 4 and we are 3 up at half time, so we are certainly on course.

Scoreline is a fair reflection. Apart from the 3 goals we've had two cleared off the line and Shankland's missed a sitter, we should probably be more ahead if anything. Mallan has been excellent in the middle and Walsh and Morgan have been sharp on the wings.

Edinburgh City look like a part time lowland league team, which isn't surprising to be fair. Would be very surprised and disappointed if we didn't win by the required 4 goal margin now.

Another goal against us which is a screamer, that's 4 of the 6 we've lost been screamers against us in the group. 

Played reasonably well though considering this is basically a friendly for us and a must win for Accies.

FT 3-0

Very disappointing second half. Just never really got going and got nervier as the half wore on. They kept getting bodies and blocks in the way and that's that.

Obviously unlucky to be going out with 9 points and 3 wins out of 4, but c'est la vie. Hamilton losing to Ayr then beating us heavily are the two results that put us out.

League campaign now, team looks in decent enough shape.

FT 1-0

3 points job done.

Ayr are going to be one of *those* teams then. Not looking forward to our four up-coming games against them TBH. They came here to try kick us off the park and snatch a 0-0. And credit to them, it almost worked. I can understand McCalls thinking tbf, if I had that set of players I would employ that tactic too.

In the end we had too much for them and thoroughly deserved the win. Lewis Morgan is an outstanding talent, another MOTM performance from him this evening.

Barring a shock result at home to Edinburgh City, that win virtually assures our place in the knock out phase in the league cup. Mission accomplished, league fixtures now please.

*cough*

We were pretty poor, Livi deserved something from that game in my opinion. Great strike from D'Acol (big man's going to get those 20 goals this season). Not sure what to make of Sarris, at times he looked very calm and composed then at other times looked a bomb scare but I'll put that down to lack of fitness. Thought Donati looked lethargic today too but even still when he came off I thought our composure dropped significantly. Happy Louis got his goal too, I think he has the potential to be a player but just needs to be braver, and Ali Crawford looks to be getting back to his best too. 

Livi looked a well organised team and I think you'll have a good season, best of luck to you.

Can't believe we ended up winning the group after the first game, good luck to Ayr in the next round and finally...St. Mirren :lol::lol::lol:

Archived