Group G

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

They could quite easily still go out with a 4-0 win. Probably need 5 or more likely 6 to go through.

Looking at the fact Edinburgh have already conceded 3 against Livi, 4 against Accies and could have been more against Ayr then I'd be hopeful that were straight out the blocks and all over them as they have a tendency to ship them. 

If we get a couple in the first half hour then it's definitely on for us. 

Also have to factor in that it will be city's third game in eight days. Hopefully we'll just be too fit for the part time guys. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking at the fact Edinburgh have already conceded 3 against Livi, 4 against Accies and could have been more against Ayr then I'd be hopeful that were straight out the blocks and all over them as they have a tendency to ship them. 

If we get a couple in the first half hour then it's definitely on for us. 

Also have to factor in that it will be city's third game in eight days. Hopefully we'll just be too fit for the part time guys. 

They looked pretty fit last night.Matched Accies in that respect.

5 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

The thing that worried me the most was even at the end City looked just as fit as we did. We were so slow it was laughable.

After we equalised we dominated without creating too many chances but if we are intending starting with D'acol and Longridge we are doomed although to be fair Longridge did put in a good ball for the goal.

I was going to wish City well but find it difficult as at every break in play they kicked the ball away. Very frustrating especially with the time taken to get the ball back.

you're just lucky there were ball boys there last night! Back in the LL days it was a couple of fat guys had to go chasing the ball...

and your substitute towards the end wasted a nice wee bit of time.... "who? me? Oh, it is me that's coming off. Well, I'd better trudge slowly to the bench then.."

you're just lucky there were ball boys there last night! Back in the LL days it was a couple of fat guys had to go chasing the ball...

and your substitute towards the end wasted a nice wee bit of time.... "who? me? Oh, it is me that's coming off. Well, I'd better trudge slowly to the bench then.."

Not quite. They were waiting to see if Imrie was injured or not.

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

The thing that worried me the most was even at the end City looked just as fit as we did. We were so slow it was laughable.

After we equalised we dominated without creating too many chances but if we are intending starting with D'acol and Longridge we are doomed although to be fair Longridge did put in a good ball for the goal.

I was going to wish City well but find it difficult as at every break in play they kicked the ball away. Very frustrating especially with the time taken to get the ball back.

I don't think we can complain about this.  Since the days of Billy Reid our boys have been clear masters of the slow motion substitution trudge.  We would have done exactly the same if we had the lead over a team several divisions above us. 

18 minutes ago, Don van Vliet II said:

I don't think we can complain about this.  Since the days of Billy Reid our boys have been clear masters of the slow motion substitution trudge.  We would have done exactly the same if we had the lead over a team several divisions above us. 

Some of the Billy Reid stuff was painful and we were managed by Gus! :lol:

I think Tomas Cerny is still at Love Street lining up a goal kick....

Why did City have stewards in the empty terracing last night? It seemed a bit strange, unless it was to deter people from sneaking in at that end.

Yes! Same last week, just checked a photo in my phone, there were four stationed over there. Not a soul snuck past them though, and plenty tried I'm sure.

That defence last night was atrocious.

I do think McGregor is a player but he was thrown in at the deep end last night.

I actually like Gillespie, but not at RB.

Hughes was lightweight and got bullied a bit but that's to be expected from a 17 year old.

Kurakins isn't even a footballer, no idea why Breslin wasn't given a chance ahead of him.

Main thing is that we won the game and I'm actually a little bit excited about the Donati and Crawford partnership in the middle of the park. Crawford on his day is a great player and I think Donati being along side him will give him the freedom to flourish.

Alex D'col - Goalscoring machine!

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Our game on Saturday is going to be extremely tough.

We have an injury crisis, and the players that played last night looked fucked.

Wouldn't surprise me if we fell at the final hurdle.

It's alright mate your playing livi no need to worry.

5 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Yes! Same last week, just checked a photo in my phone, there were four stationed over there. Not a soul snuck past them though, and plenty tried I'm sure.

it's because the lovely citizens of Lochend like to shinny over the wall at the back and we're not a charity for wee neds banned from Easter Road to watch football for nothing.

Mind you the killer seagulls we've been training might replace the stewards in time... 

Before we all part ways at the end of this group stage, I just want to say that it's been a pleasure to share the group with posters that didn't see the need to create an individual thread for each match.

I made the mistake in thinking that the tied placings were settled on head to head before GD, and therefore thinking that any win on Saturday would put us through.

Turns out I was wrong and it looks likely we are going to win 3 games out of 4 and probably still go out. Oh well, them's breaks, it's been a decent group and good preparation for the league campaign.

Lex getting the excuses in early in case of yet another humiliating failure I see. Which it will be, if the spoon-burners fail to progress.

I hope we can have a good performance tomorrow looking forward to going to new Douglas park. I think Accies will win because they need to score 2 or more goals tomorrow correct me if I'm wrong to go through we have nothing to play for but one thing I'll say livi always seem to play well when they have nothing to play for. 

7 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

I hope we can have a good performance tomorrow looking forward to going to new Douglas park. I think Accies will win because they need to score 2 or more goals tomorrow correct me if I'm wrong to go through we have nothing to play for but one thing I'll say livi always seem to play well when they have nothing to play for. 

The Superseal Stadium :rolleyes:

Archived