Another SNPbad smear fails

Fide

It's utterly pointless having a monarchy unless we accept their divine right to rule. Enlightened absolutism or nothing IMO.

That's a guid point.

Fortunately I'm neither a royalist or a believer in a sky fairy so they can both go to hell :thumsup2

The SNP's policy is for an independent Scotland to keep the monarchy.  :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SNP's policy is for an independent Scotland to keep the monarchy.  :(

I see nothing wrong with that - one step at a time.

What I would expect is after Indy then a referendum on keeping or getting rid of Mrs. Windsors family.

Especially if we are still paying for them (and even if we're no).

I see nothing wrong with that - one step at a time.

What I would expect is after Indy then a referendum on keeping or getting rid of Mrs. Windsors family.

Especially if we are still paying for them (and even if we're no).

Exactly. It's no mystery why troughers like Lizzie Windsor would want things to remain as they are. In an iScotland, the chances of her remaining Queen of Scots and her heir King of Scots would diminish. Further to that, I can't see how, even if Scotland retained the monarchy (for however long it wanted), it would be paying towards their security costs when they weren't in Scotland. At present, since Scottish revenue is sent to Westminster, some contributes towards the Windsors. I can't see an independent Scottish Government sending a grant to Westminster to pay for royal costs, but instead spending money on royal costs (such as security and whatever else gets spent on them) directly when they happen to be resident here.

Of course, the sheer lunacy of a monarchy would be highlighted in an independent Scotland, when our King or Queen spends most of their time cutting ribbons and hosting dinners as a representative of the rUK. The Aussies may have a Windsor Head of State, but they don't directly pay for her.

Once Charlie gets the gig their days are numbered.

No need to be putting the monarchy top of any lists of things to change.

But apparently the public love the animal-hunting animal-activist "Wills", and his "commoner" wife who reminds us all that fairytales can come true and our betters can pick any one of us from rich obscurity and elevate us into the highest class of person in the world.

Once Charlie gets the gig their days are numbered.

No need to be putting the monarchy top of any lists of things to change.

Depends how long he takes to kick the bucket, tbh. 

He is unpopular and a walking disaster given his previous for lobbying, but William and Kate are both very popular. Unless Charles really fucks it up, I don't imagine it's going anywhere. 

The SNP policy on the monarchy is only part of the "big tent" philosophy. Fear of coming out as anti monarchist damaging indi hopes is behind it.I think that would change soon enough and quite right too.Or maybe a "moratorium" to avoid upsetting the flock but still doing nothing.

The SNP policy on the monarchy is only part of the "big tent" philosophy. Fear of coming out as anti monarchist damaging indi hopes is behind it.I think that would change soon enough and quite right too.Or maybe a "moratorium" to avoid upsetting the flock but still doing nothing.

Good thing the SNP wouldn't be the only option in an independent Scotland then.

Duncan has had a weeks holiday and he's back refreshed and tweeting snpbad as if his life depended on it.

Maybe they will need to finish fourth in an election before it sinks in.

Duncan has had a weeks holiday and he's back refreshed and tweeting snpbad as if his life depended on it.

Maybe they will need to finish fourth in an election before it sinks in.

I genuinely don't know what it's going to take for it to finally sink in to the thick skulls of Duncan Hotdogstall et al.

They just don't get it.

Archived