Dreghorn Juniors

Dreghorn

I am researching this former club's history.

If anyone has any connections with the club or can remember its playing days could they please post here.

I do of course know about the Scottish historical archive.

Any pics would be most welcome.

Dreghorn were still going until about 1968...when the leagues were re-arranged I think they then decided to play in the amateur set up.

Absolutely no connection (as a club) with either Irvine Meadow or Irvine Victoria.

ETA...the amateur club formed at the time might not have been directly connected to the junior club.

I think there might already have been an existing amateur club in Dreghorn.

Whether they amalgamated or whether they became a different amateur club I don't know...

Edited by Black Pennel

If anyone has any connections with the club or can remember its playing days could they please post here.

I have a couple of things which may be of interest to you. If you give me your email address I'll send you copies.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 17/11/2016 at 14:34, jamesporter said:

I am also interested in Ayrshire juniors now defunct, Dreghorn, Riccarton Bluebell, Kilmarnock jnrs Ayr Newton Rovers Nithsdale wanderers come to mind also I think

Dunoon athletic played in the Ayrshire lge

I can upload a picture of the riccarton bluebell team from the early 60s. I only have factual information on one player who was the gk Samuel Maloy he rejected moves to spurs and celtic as he earned more from his day job. The picture is circa 1960s and will upload it the mora if it is any use to yourself.

• 6 months later...
My dad and uncle - Hugh and Bobby McGhee- played for Dreghorn juniors. My dad recently passed away and I'd be interested in finding out anything you have about Dreghorn from their time

On 28/05/2016 at 08:59, poity_uk said:

I have a couple of things which may be of interest to you. If you give me your email address I'll send you copies.

Poity

I've just  come across this thread. My Dad and Uncle played for a Dreghorn juniors in the 1950s. My dad recently passed away and I'm trying to track down any information on Dreghorn juniors from his time. Do you have anything which would help ??

Cheers 

On 8/2/2017 at 01:04, Barcz86 said:

I can upload a picture of the riccarton bluebell team from the early 60s. I only have factual information on one player who was the gk Samuel Maloy he rejected moves to spurs and celtic as he earned more from his day job. The picture is circa 1960s and will upload it the mora if it is any use to yourself.

Where about did Riccarton Bluebell play?