Pre-season friendlies 2016-17

Rab B Nesbit

8 hours ago, magoo said:

Sometimes silly questions get met with silly answers...anyone who has been around eos/ll football are aware that student team struggle with personal over the summer months and season starting....its been made public thro many sources over the years

Well pardon me for asking. I've not been around eos/ll football and I don't know anything about university teams beyond the fact that we were due to play them this week. So what you're telling me is that any club looking for a pre season friendly should avoid this lot and Edinburgh Uni like the plague. Is that the gist of it?  

Edited: Surely it can't be lack of players?  They've got 6 teams and over 100 playing members. You'd think they could rustle up 14 or so from that lot. Their 2nd XI are looking for opponents on Thursday night. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HTG said:

Well pardon me for asking. I've not been around eos/ll football and I don't know anything about university teams beyond the fact that we were due to play them this week. So what you're telling me is that any club looking for a pre season friendly should avoid this lot and Edinburgh Uni like the plague. Is that the gist of it?  

Edited: Surely it can't be lack of players?  They've got 6 teams and over 100 playing members. You'd think they could rustle up 14 or so from that lot. Their 2nd XI are looking for opponents on Thursday night. 

Got it in one. Not much to gain for both teams pulling in players from 3rd/4th teams 

On 24/07/2016 at 16:18, Rab B Nesbit said:

You are reading far too much into friendly team selections. 

Will see tomorrow if any changes made and how many trialists are used again , with the league starting on saturday the time for giving players a run out is over and i believe Hislop is back so he may not want all Binghams youngsters anyway 

33 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

Will see tomorrow if any changes made and how many trialists are used again , with the league starting on saturday the time for giving players a run out is over and i believe Hislop is back so he may not want all Binghams youngsters anyway 

It's just another friendly and expect everyone to get a run out. Nothing wrong with continuing to look at trialists. 

41 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It's just another friendly and expect everyone to get a run out. Nothing wrong with continuing to look at trialists. 

Not sure i agree with that at his late stage

You need to know your team can do 90 minutes on Saturday and not keep making at least 5 changes during the game 

13 minutes ago, comeon said:

Not sure i agree with that at his late stage

You need to know your team can do 90 minutes on Saturday and not keep making at least 5 changes during the game 

Less than 4 days before the first game I would.

Selection has been pretty consistent across what tomorrow will be a 6th game in 17 days. Players had lots of game time. 

23 hours ago, HTG said:
8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Less than 4 days before the first game I would.

Selection has been pretty consistent across what tomorrow will be a 6th game in 17 days. Players had lots of game time. 

Don't let the facts get in the way of others drama....

15 hours ago, magoo said:

Tranent 2 WW 0 tonight ... pretty soundly beaten if being honest. We await the blow by blow post mortems. 

Its a good job it's only the Welfare anyone comments on ... heard Preston lost 9-1 tonight to the Star. 

Tranent 2 WW 0 tonight ... pretty soundly beaten if being honest. We await the blow by blow post mortems. 

Its a good job it's only the Welfare anyone comments on ... heard Preston lost 9-1 tonight to the Star. 

9-1 is a sore one to take a week before the season starts.

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Can see Gormleys lack of pre season being problematic 

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Missed the chance to see this game - how did Tranent look?

13 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

9 - 1 now thats a skelping ,,,,,,,,

Tranent looked a solid well organised team , on the night WW were neither

With numerous changes again WW were toothless and very poor 

roll on Saturday

14 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Our under 20s beat them 6-1 on Sunday with one of our coaches playing for us.

7 hours ago, magoo said:

Can see Gormleys lack of pre season being problematic 

If Gormley is out long term WW have a serious problem again as they had last season NO GOAL THREAT and too much expected of young Brydon who received no service from a disjointed midfield

Not the strongest of starting 11 s but expected better from most of them as for the trialists they were almost non existant

Aaron Moffat and Keane did very well last night the rest were well well below the standard required so as a pre seaon friendly at least the manger knows who wont be in his starting 11 on Saturday

If Gormley is out long term WW have a serious problem again as they had last season NO GOAL THREAT and too much expected of young Brydon who received no service from a disjointed midfield

Not the strongest of starting 11 s but expected better from most of them as for the trialists they were almost non existant

Aaron Moffat and Keane did very well last night the rest were well well below the standard required so as a pre seaon friendly at least the manger knows who wont be in his starting 11 on Saturday

Think your wrong who elsa has he got to put in what you see is what you get left the cupboard bare

3 hours ago, pedrosluvchild said:

Think your wrong who elsa has he got to put in what you see is what you get left the cupboard bare

You could start with last seasons top scorer who has been away on holiday ... 

23 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You could start with last seasons top scorer who has been away on holiday ... 

Agreed but he is a midfielder lol

With their full 1st choice 11 out i would hope WW will do well maybe not on Saturday but certainly better than Preston 

A couple of positions perhaps still up for grabs and depending on the formation may decide on that  

Where to play Martin ? is Manson a winger ? start young AAron ? drop John Hall ( although i heard he was suspended anyway ? Keane at left back or winger risk  playing  Ohara  or  play the trialists again ? 442 352 4231  343  

all part of the fun

ps pedro as for the cupboard being bare , the manager stocked the cupboard so thats his problem

17 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

ps pedro as for the cupboard being bare , the manager stocked the cupboard so thats his problem

He can feel free to keep stocking these in the cupboard ... 

image.jpeg

23 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

With their full 1st choice 11 out i would hope WW will do well maybe not on Saturday but certainly better than Preston 

A couple of positions perhaps still up for grabs and depending on the formation may decide on that  

Where to play Martin ? is Manson a winger ? start young AAron ? drop John Hall ( although i heard he was suspended anyway ? Keane at left back or winger risk  playing  Ohara  or  play the trialists again ? 442 352 4231  343  

all part of the fun

What's your 1st 11 then whaty ? 

14 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

all part of the fun

All about opinions and thats what fans are for 

Martin looked completely lost last night and i had no idea what the shape or formation was as it looked like a swap about as nobody kept any position in midfield  for more than 2 minutes the real Matches start on Saturday with the Managers real choices thats when it counts 

Archived