Have we givin up

• 10/06/2016 - New Club in East of Scotland At the Annual General Meetings of the East of Scotland Football Association and the East of Scotland Football league on Thursday 9 June Tweedmouth Rangers F.C., based at Old Shielfield in Berwick upon Tweed, were admitted to membership. The Club have already made great improvements to Old Shielfield and further enhancements are well on the way.

http://eosfl.com/news.asp

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not mean this disrespectfully at all, but what is the goal/aim/plan for sides in the EOS league now?

One division with no relegation. No play offs. No promotion. Not much interest form what I can see. No real plan to move forward. Lack of resources. competition from Juniors, LL, SPFL etc.

Am I right that four of the 12 were amateur sides (LT, Duns, TR & BS) until not so long ago.

So if you are Eyemouth, Duns or the sides that finished lower down the table, what is it that keeps them there? Why not go junior? Are they holding out in hope of LL2? Are they just in the league because they have always been there? Financially unable to get licence?

Or are they just happy in EOS?

I guess it's all relative, us amateurs would love to have the problem of being "stuck" in the EOS, that's for sure.

I do not mean this disrespectfully at all, but what is the goal/aim/plan for sides in the EOS league now?

One division with no relegation. No play offs. No promotion. Not much interest form what I can see. No real plan to move forward. Lack of resources. competition from Juniors, LL, SPFL etc.

Am I right that four of the 12 were amateur sides (LT, Duns, TR & BS) until not so long ago.

So if you are Eyemouth, Duns or the sides that finished lower down the table, what is it that keeps them there? Why not go junior? Are they holding out in hope of LL2? Are they just in the league because they have always been there? Financially unable to get licence?

Or are they just happy in EOS?

I guess it's all relative, us amateurs would love to have the problem of being "stuck" in the EOS, that's for sure.

A wouldn't mind either junior or Lowland league. Know the club have lowland league ambitions. Your right regarding the league. Its been on the slide for the last 3 years and the EOS have sat back and let it happen instead of trying to invite new teams to join and make the league decent again. Know the juniors have 16 teams in the south east division but to amalgamate the two leagues would be tricky imo.

Duns, Eyemouth, Coldstream, Burntisland and Ormiston are getting or have improvements done so whether its junior or lowland league they are aiming for its a step in the right direction off the field wise.

Would like more Edinburgh based teams to join the EOS. Nice with Tweedmouth coming though.

Archived