Any facts and figures from near enough any club in the world pre 1960 is not relevent at all to the current stature of the club.

Stade de Reims reached 2 European cup finals in the 50's, must make them bigger than PSG are now :1eye

And who invented this 1960's cut off point? somebody whose agenda it suited. Tedious stuff.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:   The teams you listed are small in comparison to DAFC in one particular  way.

You do have a reputation for being "big"...in one area.. 

Still paying 6p 0p in the pound to all the firms you ruined back in the day??  

Just asking.

You must be proud.

FTFY  :ph34r:

Also, like the designs for our new fitness, TV and additional hospitality suite?

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464702178.251875.jpg

And who invented this 1960's cut off point? somebody whose agenda it suited. Tedious stuff.

It's not to do with an "agenda" you fruit-loop, it's to do with the fact it has no bearing on the club now.

It's not to do with an "agenda" you fruit-loop, it's to do with the fact is has no bearing on the club now.

And what happened in the 1960's does?????? Get a grip min. History is the whole of a clubs existence, not the cherry picked best bits. You twat.

And what happened in the 1960's does?????? Get a grip min. History is the whole of a clubs existence, not the cherry picked best bits. You twat.

I'm not debating what is part of a club's history and what is not, I'm debating at what point does the history of a club become relevant to the present. 

I don't think you're even sure what point you're badly attempting to make tbh, you just seem desperate to be really angry about something.

I'm not debating what is part of a club's history and what is not, I'm debating at what point does the history of a club become relevant to the present.

I don't think you're even sure what point you're badly attempting to make tbh, you just seem desperate to be really angry about something.

History is always relevant. History shapes us, our life's and our clubs. That's my point. Easy huh ?

I don't get this pre 60,s don't count from Dunfermline fans, let's take their history from the start of the 70's then, not much to write about.

So apart from the 60's pretty much a nothing club

:lol: The teams you listed are small in comparison to DAFC in one particular way.

You do have a reputation for being "big"...in one area..

Still paying 6p in the pound to all the firms you ruined back in the day??

Just asking.

You must be proud.

Raith's Bank had to write off about £750k back in the Kelly era (which they could have loaned to small businesses or for mortgages.).

Let's not kid ourselves that Raith have a great history with respect to finances. We have improved a lot though.

Raith's Bank had to write off about £750k back in the Kelly era (which they could have loaned to small businesses or for mortgages.).

Let's not kid ourselves that Raith have a great history with respect to finances. We have improved a lot though.

Strange post. A Rovers fan who calls the club Raith. I smell a par.

Not saying that someone didn't write off debt somewhere  but I can't recall any of the debt being written off by the bank. 

My recollection from the meeting at the Philp hall is that the debt Kelly had amassed was around £1.1M and was mostly due to the Clydesdale bank. Messrs Smith, McGowan & Short mortgaged the stadium to Allied Irish Bank and the debt was reduced with many people getting shafted along with the purchase and sale of the land below the South stand.

At the time of the sale there were quoted figures of upwards of £750,000 being needed, I'm sure that the figure on the AIB mortgage was £600,000.

I used to have balance sheets but there are so many different companies in the mix it's hard to recall exactly what was what.

Archived