Signings

Beckanbaur

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was at Saltcoats for a bit last season, and has had two spells at Ardeer.

It was against Saltcoats last season our manager noticed him. We took about 8 off them that day, but he caused us trouble all game. Think he only played 3 trial games for them though. How did he fare at Ardeer?

If we're on aboiut annoying forum habits, having a footer of "Mon the papers" in every single post doesn't really lift my kilt either, passbackdave.
But I don't say anything.

U just did. Aye maybe I shouldn't post after having a few beers tbh.

Mon the papers lol

It was against Saltcoats last season our manager noticed him. We took about 8 off them that day, but he caused us trouble all game. Think he only played 3 trial games for them though. How did he fare at Ardeer?

I was impressed with his ability in the couple of games he played with Saltcoats although very much a raw talent imo, has some bad habits that need ironed out. If managed right I think he could be a right good signing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think also down to most teams in the super premier last year have realised with the squad they had they were not too far away from a title challenge. So keeping last years team together would have been first priority and then the odd player getting picked up to bolster the squad.

...and its still a month till the league starts in the West, there will be plenty more signings during the League Cup group stages.

• 2 weeks later...
Ardrossan Winton Rovers have agreed transfer terms for Michael Holden to return to Ardeer Thistle and Simon Marriott to move to Armadale Thistle. Striker Graeme Boyd remains on the transfer list.

Boyd still having to train on his lonesome? Will end up going amateur & yous will get her haw

On 6 August 2016 at 19:42, peasy23 said:

Petershill have signed 30 year old defender Kevin Nicoll, previously with Annan Athletic. Clyde, Stranraer and Forfar are also among his list of former clubs.

Good honest player. Used to be able to put a good shift in as a centre mid but, may not have the legs now. 

Very committed. Hopefully does well for you. 

Boyd on the bench for Medda tonight after apparently signing earlier. Came on and did heehaw and looked out of his depth...... Until he scored two in the last few minutes to turn the game. Welcome to Meadow Park, Graham!

That's Boydy for you . Disappointed when he left us last season as he is a game changer . Wasn't happy being on the bench for us though . Wish the lad nothing but good luck

Archived