Signings

Beckanbaur

Rutherglen Glencairn are delighted to announce a number of new signings for season 2016-17 :-

Rhys Donaldson (defender, from Rossvale); Stewart Hall (defender, from Lesmahagow); Jamie Hamilton (midfielder, from Lesmahagow); Jamie Hunter (midfielder, from Rossvale); Jordan Marshall (defender, from Larkhall Thistle); Craig McGregor (defender, from Rossvale); Jay McKay (striker, from Rossvale); Fraser Team (striker, from Rossvale).

The following players have also stepped up from the under 21 squad to the first team squad :-

Ryan Bennett (midfielder); Anthony Dempsey (defender); Ross McConville (defender); Mark McHendry (defender); Shaun Roberts (defender); Danny Salah (midfielder); Dale Wallace (striker).

The following current players have agreed terms to stay with the club for season 2016-17 :-

Ryan Docherty (midfielder); David Dunnachie (defender); Brian Eadie (defender); Tony Fraser (midfielder); JC Hutchison (goalkeeper); Sean McGuire (midfielder); Del McNab (midfielder); Alan Muir (midfielder); Andy Neil (defender).

Looking at this I really don't see how Rossvale have any hope of achieving the same as last season, back to the bottom division possibly ?

Unless they seriously add of course, a real shame as exciting team last season

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the boys from rossvale I can't speak highly enough of them the Glens have won a watch getting these lads as their attitudes and commitment is best I've seen in a long time I wish them each every success

I'm really looking forward to seeing them in black and white, as Rossvale looked a very exciting side when we played them in a friendly last season, with Fraser Team a stick-out that night. We know all about Jay McKay as he was with us before and we didn't really want him to leave.

I don't know much about the two boys from Lesmahagow but I've heard good reports on them from people who do know them.

I'm very pleased with the players we have retained as well, and it'll be interesting to see how many of the u21s stepping up are involved regularly.

Looking at this I really don't see how Rossvale have any hope of achieving the same as last season, back to the bottom division possibly ?

Unless they seriously add of course, a real shame as exciting team last season

Rossvale have signed well, got Holmes from Gartcairn and Tart from Arthurlie to name but two, Tart is quality and didnt look out of place in the top division last season, with the new management in there was always going to be a big turnover either though players wanting to move on or the management wanting in their own guys.

Re Greenock very inaccurate, the core of the squad has resigned with the rest looking to sign shortly.

Perhaps under five players counts as a major reshuffle by your reckoning.

Jamie Darroch left IM due to travelling and his work, so unless something has changed he's unlikely to leave.

Jamie Darroch signing with Clydebank - from a very reputable source

heard Largs let a few go last night.

Names still to be confirmed but obviously a few still to come in.

Greenock will have a major reshuffle too with new management coming in Paul Harkins is down there they will do well to hold onto him.

Port Glasgow will be disappointed to just miss out on promotion, with a good squad there if they can hold on to Tam Jamieson and Gus Gault I think they could go again, also looking for a goalkeeper now big veteran Mark Monk will be retiring and will the big lad jamie darroch stay in the 3rd tier? or look for another move

Any info on Largs then?

I'm really looking forward to seeing them in black and white, as Rossvale looked a very exciting side when we played them in a friendly last season, with Fraser Team a stick-out that night. We know all about Jay McKay as he was with us before and we didn't really want him to leave.

I don't know much about the two boys from Lesmahagow but I've heard good reports on them from people who do know them.

I'm very pleased with the players we have retained as well, and it'll be interesting to see how many of the u21s stepping up are involved regularly.

on the 2 lesmahgow lads are a great addition to your squad big Stuart can play afew positions, great pace for when attacking from full back area and wee Jamie is absolutely unreal on the ball I'm surprised he's not had bigger clubs came in for him before now but that's football. Maybe now people will take more notice of him when they see him play in that division. Both lads will do great and all the best to them ðŸ‘

on the 2 lesmahgow lads are a great addition to your squad big Stuart can play afew positions, great pace for when attacking from full back area and wee Jamie is absolutely unreal on the ball I'm surprised he's not had bigger clubs came in for him before now but that's football. Maybe now people will take more notice of him when they see him play in that division. Both lads will do great and all the best to them

Cheers Coco. Hopefully Jamie will do the business as you suggest and people will continue not to notice.  :P

What about the Inverclyde based teams... Will they manage to hold onto their best players considering the port failed to get promoted and greenock got relegated?

Who would u say are their best players? Also heard Ryan Begley has told a few teams he is available.

Archived