Rate Your Club's Signings

Shinnie 9/10 - Brilliant player for this league who'll hopefully get even better and be given the armband. Slightly tailed off recently though.

Quinn 6/10 - Only lasted 6 months but did score the winner against Celtic. A few fans wish we still had him but he was shaky at times for us.

Ward 8/10 - Best keeper I've seen at the Dons. Will go on to be a EPL regular and Wales number 1. Him leaving in January left us in the lurch.

Parker/McLaughlin 2/10 - Failed loan experiments. Rarely played and were largely poor when they did.

Collin 3/10 - Scott Brown mark 2, not been convincing in his recent opportunities.

Church 7/10 - 6 goals in 13 games is decent, an upgrade of Goodwillie while Rooney was injured at least. Often went missing in games though.

Pretty much this.  Although Parker and Mclaughlin I'd give 0 or 1.  Can't think of anything either contributed at all.

Church contributed at a time when we needed it in Rooneys absence but I don't think he's a particularly good footballer and not disappointed that he won't be coming back.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomas Cerny 10/10 - Best keeper we've had in my time as a fan. Wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the league. Delighted that he's signed up for another 2 seasons. Thank you Hibs.

Gary Miller 6/10 - Solid and does the job. Hopefully here again next season.

Mustapha Dumbuya 9/10 - Thought replacing O'Donnell would be pretty impossible but we've done it. Gives us a massive attacking threat. Only thing that stops him being 10 is his injuries.

Callum Booth 9/10 - Was very meh in his loan spell the season previous but he's really improved and came 2nd (I think) in the POTY. Thank you Hibs.

Ryan Edwards 7/10 - Very slow start due to a lack of fitness then heading on international duty but showed his ability in the closing games. Think he'll be a big player for us next year. Also has magnificent hair.

Robbie Muirhead 4/10 - Scored 2 against Killie but did little else. Although, wouldn't mind having him back.

David Amoo 7/10 - Another one with a slow start. Looked to have zero confidence for the first few months although he pitched in with a few goals (loves a header from 4 yards out). Like most wingers he's inconsistent but when he's on-form he's excellent. Some defenders looked terrified of him (Andrew Considine).

Antonio German 0/10 - lol.

Mathias Pogba 5/10 - Not a great footballer but he can cause problems. Hopefully a full pre-season helps him and improves his fitness.

Aidan Nesbitt 4/10 - Similar to Muirhead. The boy has ability but not sure he's ready to play constantly at this level. Wouldn't be against him coming back.

was Scott fox not better than cerny?

Mustapha Dumbuya - 9/10. If he wasn't injured as much then he'd have been my player of the year, and would've gotten a 10/10. The guy is so quick its unreal, can also win headers despite being about 2ft and is just generally #sumboi. I don't think its any coincidence that we started winning games shortly after he joined the club.

Tomas Cerny - 10/10. He gets an extra point for not being Ryan Scully. We would have probably had 0 points from our first 10 games if it wasn't for him, and we almost definitely would've finished lower than we did in the league. Won us points single-handledly and was rightly our player of the year

Callum Booth - 7/10. Admittedly wasn't his biggest fan during his loan spell last season but he has probably turned into one of our most consistent players this season. 

Ryan Edwards - 6/10. Showed signs once he had a run in the team that he looks to be a decent find. If he can muscle up a bit over the summer and maintain his energy levels then he will be a very decent player for us next season. Told my mate on the last game of the season that I have a feeling he will be our POTY next season.

David Amoo - 6.5/10 - Awful start, but turned it round in the second half of the season. He is still shit-scared to beat a man, but he has a great delivery on him and chips in with a few goals for good measure. Interested to see what he can do next season with a bit of confidence in him.

Gary Miller - 6/10. Another one who I thought was dreadful at the start of the season, and was rightly replaced when Dumbuya joined. Since then, whenever he has been called upon, he's been reliable either filling in for Muzzy at RB or at centre-half. Hope he gets signed up for next season.

Mathias Pogba - 2/10. I'm still convinced there is a half-decent centre forward in there somewhere, but he just can't be arsed. Hasn't really had a good game for us yet, bar the odd 20-minute spell where he's looked okay. Not holding out much hope for next season with him since he'll still be here.

Robbie Muirhead - 3/10. Aside from a cracking second half against Killie at Rugby Park, didn't really do anything. Looked unfit and uninterested for the majority of the time he was here. If he gets fitter then there definitely potential there. No idea where he'll end up next season, but I'm not that fussed either way if it's at Firhill.

Aidan Nesbitt - 5/10. A box of tricks, but very little substance. Not too dissimilar to Declan McDaid, but probably with a bit more talent. Wouldn't mind him back at Firhill on loan again next season to see how he develops though.

Antonio German - 1/10. On the rare sightings I got of him, he couldn't even control a ball. Doesn't look like he'll be missed.

nice to see Tomas Cerny getting such high scores.

Hes a fantastic keeper and a really nice guy too. wish he was still at hamilton

As much as I loved Cerny (I really did), I still think McGovern has been more consistent. That's probably because Cerny picked up injuries towards the end of his time with us, but I think McGovern may just shade it.

Nat Wedderburn - Absolutey massive, couldn't run and just completely out of his depth. 2/10

Dani Lopez - Pretty poor footballer, released in january. 3/10

Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo - At first looked to be all tricks and no end product, his ridiculous challenge on Nick Ross at the end of the 1-1 game was horrendous. Came on to a bit of a game towards the end of the season, can't remember if he's signed up for next season. 5/10

Iain Vigurs - Good player, just playing him in midfield with Tansey a similar type of player doesn't really work. Scored a screamer vs Motherwell. 5/10

Miles Storey - Sourced by the chairman after Hughes couldn't find anyone, scored some decent goals but not too upset he's away. Horrendous haircut also. 7/10

Alex Fisher - Played about 70 minutes then got injured, not really much to say. 2/10

Liam Hughes - Signed from Cambridge in January and never really impressed. 3/10

Ryan Williams - Not really played much, another player who looks good in videos but not really that good in reality. 2/10

Jordan Roberts - Had injury problems but a good player and one I would like to stick around. Scored a peach vs Motherwell. 7/10

Owain Fon Williams - Solid keeper, bit shaky at times. Pleased he's signed up for another 3 years. 7/10

A tier:

Patrick Roberts

Erik Sviatchenko

B/C+ tier:

Ryan Christie (Boy clearly has potential but hardly seen him)

Saidy Janko (Was looking a solid find until he got injured and missed pretty much the rest of the season)

Scott Allan (I still think in the long run Allen will be a really good buy, but like Christie, hardly seen him)

D Tier:

Dedryck Boyata (At times looks like he could be a capable defender, but like Efe is very much prone to errors)

Jozo Simunovic (Was looking ok, then got injured for the rest of the season. Not sure how good he is)

Logan Bailey (Backup goalkeeper hardly seen, hard to score)

F tier:

Tyler Blackett (absolute disaster of a player, this guy was actually getting starts for Man Utd in the 2014-15 season, f**k knows how)

Colin Kazim Richards (contributed absolutly f**k all in the past 5 months)

Nadir Ciftci (everybody knew this had dud written all over it, and surprise surprise he was)

F- Tier:

Carlton fucking Cole 

Logan Bailly - Signed to replace Zaluska on the bench, and has pretty much done so, with the odd game here and there. 5/10

Tyler Blackett - Played a handful of games, looked pish. 2/10

Jozo Simunovic - We spent a fair whack of money on him, and he's spent a lot of time injured. Looks like he could do pretty well with the right defensive partner though, so looking forward to see if he kicks on when fit. 5/10

Dedryck Boyata - Can be a threat from set-pieces, and has had a few solid performances, but also has far too many bombscare moments. 6/10

Saidy Janko - Another player who has spent most of his time on the treatment table. 3/10

Erik Sviatchenko - Looks the part so far, and I'm looking forward to see how he does next season, preferably alongside Simunovic. 8/10

Scott Allan - Signed to wind up Sevco, a bit of a pointless addition to our 10000000 centre-mids. Hope I'm proven wrong here, but can't really see him make much of an impact. I'd be happy to see him loaned out. 2/10

Ryan Christie - Spent first half back on loan at Caley, played pretty damn well by all accounts. He's had limited time for us since he's came back, but clearly a talented player and looked to enjoy playing up front against Motherwell at the end of the season. Hope to see him feature more next season, in his natural position. 6/10

Patrick Roberts - Glad we've got him for another season, as he's ended the season superbly (miss against Sevco aside). 8/10

Colin Kazim-Richards - His goal against Hearts aside, hasn't exactly done much of note. Didn't want him based on his reputation, wouldn't miss him if he gets punted. 2/10

Carlton Cole - A frankly bizarre signing, and a waste of a wage. 1/10

Nadir Ciftci - A "played well against us" signing with a questionable temperament, he has shown all of his petulance and little to none of his ability since we signed him. I was happy to see him punted on loan, and would be surprised if we clawed back any of the money wasted on him. 1/10

IMO fox is the 3rd best goalkeeper in Scotland behind 1.Gordon and 2.Bain

I'm not sure I'd even go that far. But he's probably the best of the lot with the ball at his feet, which I'm sure is why McIntyre signed him.

Cerny, Fox, McDonald, Bain, McGovern... All excellent keepers, not much at all, if anything, between them.

Cerny: 9/10, would have been 10 if he'd played every game

Dumbuya: 8/10, also missed a point for being a sicknote

Booth: 7.5/10, if we're counting him as a new signing, has steadily improved since first signing.

Miller: 6/10, the definition of a 6/10 player, never stands out as exceptional but never awful. Would like him to stay.

Amoo: 6/10, improved as the season went on but first half he was pretty dire- potential to be very good next year.

Edwards: 5/10, I don't quite see what many others do yet, lots of effort undoubtedly, but also lots of fouls and passes given away. Nice hair tho.

Nesbitt: 4/10, underwhelming after a good debut, I wouldn't be totally against having him back next year if we're not paying him much.

Pogba: 4/10, has some positive attributes but don't think he suits the amount of running we need from a forward. Happy if we can get rid in the summer.

Muirhead: 3/10, pretty poor apart from 45 minutes vs Killie but he will argue he's played out of position. 

German: 0/10, even Nathan fucking Eccleston managed a couple of goals.

Brad McKay - 1/10 - managed 3 starts and 1 sub appearance in our first 4 competitive matches of the season and hasn't been seen since. Went on loan to Dunfermline and they're not exactly glowing with praise for him. He's getting to start pre-season with us, but I can't see him making it here tbh. It's a shame, but it appears the boy just hasn't got it.

Joe Shaughnessy - 10/10 - He's won loads of player of the year awards in an excellent first season with us. Started well at right back, moved into the centre and has formed a good understanding with Anderson. Club are hoping to extend his contract this summer - our best signing by a mile.

Darnell Fisher - 7/10 - would be higher if not for an indifferent first few months. Since January though, he's been tremendous at right back. I think Mackay's injury has been the making of him. He's going back to Celtic a much better player for the experiences he's had here.

Liam Craig - 6/10 - fallen slightly short of expectations, but as dependable and versatile as ever. Deserved the contract extension in the end (which probably wasn't the case even into March) and will hopefully continue to perform ably enough for us.

John Sutton - 1/10 - this looked a great signing last summer (IMO) but he's just not fit in somehow. The form of Maclean, Cummins and Kane hasn't helped him, but no surprise that he's available to any taker wanting him as he's been pretty awful when he's had a chance. He hasn't started a match since December.

Graham Cummins - 7/10 - 8 goals in his debut season is pretty good going. He had 6 before the end of October, but a hamstring injury robbed him of a few months and he was just starting to find his feet again as the season finished. Well capable of scoring more next season. Probably the shock success as he looked like a gamble.

Danny Swanson - 9/10 - I love the fat wee b*****d. So good to watch and his whole ethos just seems to fit into our team perfectly. I think Hearts was the wrong move for him footballing wise (obviously not financially). Can't wait to see what he can do for us with a full pre-season under his belt.

Michael Doyle - 1/10 - he managed about 10 minutes for us, so at least he was more successful than the lesser seen Michael Hart from a few years ago. Panic signing after Mackay got injured. He's an infectious character, so I gave him a point.

Plamen Krachunov - 0/10 - He managed about 120 minutes of football, even managing a start :o. In that 120 minutes, we conceded 5 goals against 2 bottom six sides. Not great, but never got the chance to settle.

Archived