Sign in to follow this  
Romeo

"Allergy Season"

I tend to treat my allergies like a man should.

Like, not greeting about a runny nose or watery eye!

It's the scratchy throat which really does it for me. Really noticed it over the past couple of weeks after a few years of thinking I'd built up more of a tolerance.

Anyway, for those buying tablets, like me, do you find that the £1 el cheapo ones work just the same as the more expensive Clarityn? Same active 10mg ingredient in both, probably just paying towards the weather forecast advert payments if buying the latter.

Eta: I get the itchy throat and itchy as fook eyes with cats as well. Horrible, horrible creatures (the domestic ones anyway, not had close up experience of lions and tigers to comment on the cool ones).

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's the scratchy throat which really does it for me. Really noticed it over the past couple of weeks after a few years of thinking I'd built up more of a tolerance.

Anyway, for those buying tablets, like me, do you find that the £1 el cheapo ones work just the same as the more expensive Clarityn? Same active 10mg ingredient in both, probably just paying towards the weather forecast advert payments if buying the latter.

I bought cheapos out of Aldi. They are meant for elephants. I collapsed in a heap for about two hours.

I bought cheapos out of Aldi. They are meant for elephants. I collapsed in a heap for about two hours.

Remember the particular brand?

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Remember the particular brand?

Not at the moment. I only get it very occasionally, so my resistance to side effects will be low. My boy took them and seemed ok. Well, no worse than usual.

According to Sean Batty the fun is just beginning with the pollen.

It's now grass season where as before it was tree season?

I found benedryl 24 hour tablets in my drawer from last summer so I necked one out of desperation and it actually worked and Iv not been too drowsy with them.

Vicks vaporub is good to help with the breathing too. I rubbed some under my nostrils and whilst they felt like they were on fire it cleared me up.

On the plus side, the other half has volunteered to cut the grass today. Silver linings and all that.

Eta: the grass is a bit wet and I doubt such generosity shall be extended on a dry post-work evening. Damn it.

Buy some bee pollen tablets folks. Seriously. They act as a barrier. 

5 minutes ago, philpy said:

Or read this and don't buy them.

"act as a barrier" fucking hell.

Shut up. Im only trying to help people, you plum. Ive had five since yesterday, and they have relieved things greatly.

19 minutes ago, philpy said:

Shut up. Im only trying to help people, you plum. Ive had five since yesterday, and they have relieved things greatly.

You only think they've helped because you are an easily led, suggestible idiot who like most people that buy shit like this wouldn't like to think they've spent good money on something that didn't work.

What you really need are some magic beans, and luckily for you I just happen to have some.

Ive not bought them yet. Ive got 2 weeks worth for nowt to see how I get on.

The best, most effective clinically trialed drugs are always sold on approval.

Side effects - may cause aggressive posting on football websites.

19 hours ago, philpy said:

Do you stick them up your nose?

Do you stick them up your nose?

fa44075f54e8a1e75d9c59068a08ae6a.jpg
Oh, yeah, for all the good they've done me, I might as well have stuck them up my arse!

Couldn't find any hayfever type tablets in Aldi the other day btw, was paracetamol and a couple of other things which they had. At least I got some cheap German lager out of it all I suppose.