"Allergy Season"

I'm having a mare today. Eyes and throat ruined.

Feeling it today.

Started off with a runny nose then I made the mistake of itching one of my eyes, now my left eye is swollen/bloodshot and I can't stop itching it.

Great.

Hmm, I'm glad to hear that. Not for you two obviously, and when I say I feel sorry for you I genuinely do as I know it's an absolute fucker! But from a selfish point of view I'm happy to hear it's been a bad day and my prescription has appeared to work. Long may it continue :)

If it does I'll keep everyone informed and FWIW I'm on Sodium Cromo eye drops, Beconase Aqueous nasal spray and 10ml Cetrizine Hydrochloride.

After years of hayfever here is my way of managing it.

Hayfever tablets are no good for me, make me drowsy or dry up my nasal passages which gives me sinusitis.

Use nasal rinse in shower every morning as part of daily routine.

The most important thing is to drink an abundance of water, seriously this is really important. When your nose is constantly running your body is losing liquids. Your runny nose should be like water if it even resembles slime you need more water. This stops dehydration and prevents sinusitis.

Occasionally if headache gets bad take anti-inflammotry like nurofen.

Very very occasionally take an actived to go to sleep. It's a mix between anti-inflammotary and anti- histamine.

I've suffered from hayfever for that past five years or so, but I can safely say that today has been the worst it's ever been.

My nose has been gushing all day and some of the sneezing fits have been so intense that it hurts.

Fucking soul destroying so it is.

Anyone on fexofenadine hydrochloride 180mg? I recently got my prescription changed to this and nearly keeled over yesterday, sent home from work. Nightmare. Just made the hayfever a lot worse and got me walking about like a zombie.

Anyone on fexofenadine hydrochloride 180mg? I recently got my prescription changed to this and nearly keeled over yesterday, sent home from work. Nightmare. Just made the hayfever a lot worse and got me walking about like a zombie.

Are they big yellow pills? If so stick with them for a week or so. Completely changed my life

Are they big yellow pills? If so stick with them for a week or so. Completely changed my life

They nearly changed his, surely a doctor would be the best person to tell him to stick with them or not.

Sorry. To clarify, they did f**k all for me at first which made me worse because my previous ones worked straight away and I was no longer taking them obviously. Turns out they take time to properly get into your system...According to my medical professional that is anyway

A lot of strong medication can take a good couple of weeks like you say. There's a guy I work with who takes those and swears by them. If they are as strong as suggested I'm surprised he's been given the go ahead by work to take them.

Bump. How have fellow hay fever sufferers been of late?? I've been hellish, but I've got some "bee pollen" tablets to try. They are about 12 quid a bottle, but if they work, then I'm not giving a toss about the price. Anyone else tried them??

I tend to treat my allergies like a man should.

Like, not greeting about a runny nose or watery eye!

It's the scratchy throat which really does it for me. Really noticed it over the past couple of weeks after a few years of thinking I'd built up more of a tolerance.

Anyway, for those buying tablets, like me, do you find that the £1 el cheapo ones work just the same as the more expensive Clarityn? Same active 10mg ingredient in both, probably just paying towards the weather forecast advert payments if buying the latter.

Eta: I get the itchy throat and itchy as fook eyes with cats as well. Horrible, horrible creatures (the domestic ones anyway, not had close up experience of lions and tigers to comment on the cool ones).